Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-11-2016, 01:59 PM   #1

Indicating High Oil Pressure

I have a Monaco built 2006 Holiday Rambler Vacationer diesel pusher.
Looking for advice...I recently started having a goofy acting oil pressure gauge-reads way too high and settles to the high side peg when the ignition is switched to off...pretty sure its not the gauge(sometimes it does wander rather nervously into the normal range and equally sure there's nothing unusual about the actual oil pressure...which means there must be a bad electrical connection somewhere... Any help/advise would be greatly appreciated...
townsendbp is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-11-2016, 04:31 PM   #2

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Had this on a car..... Turned out to be a bad sender(Sensor) unit, an new oil pressure sender fixed it.
NOTE: there are other causes.
Old 11-12-2016, 08:18 AM   #3

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yep, start with sending unit. I would disconnect the wire and see if the gauge changes at all - I bet it doesn't. So either you have an open on that wire or the sending unit is bad. Track down the wire as best you can - if you dont see anything obvious replace the sending unit.
Old 11-12-2016, 09:07 AM   #4

Success!!!

WOW....even a blind hog finds an acorn occasionally...turns out it was the sending unit...AND, it wasn't. My Sending unit is squarely on top of the oil filter flange...when I reached down to check the security of the wire, it came off in my hand. The spade connector was still securely fastened to the terminal....and the wire was in my hand...broken. From appearances it had been holding by a single strand for quite some time. Hope this info is helpful to others..
thanks to all who looked and/or replied...at least you were thinking....brooks
Old 11-14-2016, 08:35 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
I have the same issue with my 2006 HR Vacationer 34 PBD Diesel pusher. Just bought it used a few months ago. Hope my issue resolves as quickly and cleanly.
bwlowry615 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2016, 08:37 PM   #6

Texas Boomers Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
And check out http://www.silverleafelectronics.com/node/6

Tags
cat