Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-23-2016, 08:45 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Inquiry about an 07 HR Endeavor PRQ

We found one of these for sale, for a fairly reasonable price. My question is:

How convenient is the bed, since it is facing forward instead of inside the slide out as one normally sees in a 4 slide motorhome? We like the lay out but are curious as to the convenience of the bed.

Does anyone have a setup like this? Do you like it? Does Monaco have a similar model?

Thanks for your input,eh?

Brad
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	40prq.jpg
Views:	102
Size:	37.8 KB
ID:	142361   Click image for larger version

Name:	2007_holiday_rambler_endeavor_40prq_roaca3295a_19.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	82.8 KB
ID:	142363  

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-23-2016, 08:56 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Most of the older Monaco top end coaches had that bedroom set up, but without the bedroom slides. that I'm looking for as well. One thing to consider is with the slides in can you get to both sides of the bed. Boondocking at rest areas, wally world, ect. you may be stopping without deploying the slides, can you get to everything okay?

some layouts make it very tight with slides in.
Old 10-23-2016, 09:08 AM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerryvan View Post
Most of the older Monaco top end coaches had that bedroom set up, but without the bedroom slides. that I'm looking for as well. One thing to consider is with the slides in can you get to both sides of the bed. Boondocking at rest areas, wally world, ect. you may be stopping without deploying the slides, can you get to everything okay?

some layouts make it very tight with slides in.
We have that situation with our present motorhome. We make sure to take out enough clothing before leaving to tide us over till we deploy the slides. In our present MH, when we use the bed without the slideout out, I have to crawl over my DW(and two 10lb canines) to get out of bed. With this new setup, I wouldn't have to do that.
Old 10-24-2016, 11:08 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by draboo View Post
We have that situation with our present motorhome. We make sure to take out enough clothing before leaving to tide us over till we deploy the slides. In our present MH, when we use the bed without the slideout out, I have to crawl over my DW(and two 10lb canines) to get out of bed. With this new setup, I wouldn't have to do that.
If you buy it, do an irv search for Diplomat Don. He had a 2005 Diplomat and has an enourmous amount of great information on the Diplomat line. The 2005 maintenance info will apply to the 2007 model. We have a 2007 SKQ model and really enjoy it. Good luck.

Mark
markmcc1776 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 05:43 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
The North/South bed is nice, but I think the bigger issue is when the toilet is on the road side and is most likely electric and that would be a problem if you dry camp at all. Because they use much more water than a manual toilet.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 06:42 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
The North/South bed is nice, but I think the bigger issue is when the toilet is on the road side and is most likely electric and that would be a problem if you dry camp at all. Because they use much more water than a manual toilet.
I recieved the window sticker/build sheet yesterday and it says it has a "RV Sanicon Drainage System 1" as one of the options. Is this what you are referring to?

The only time we dry camp is when we are in transit from Myrtle Beach to Upper Michigan, maybe 4 nights.
Old 10-25-2016, 07:13 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
On most of the models with the toilet on the road side, Monaco used the electric Thetford unit that uses much more water to flush that results in more dumping.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 07:26 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by draboo View Post
We found one of these for sale, for a fairly reasonable price. My question is:

How convenient is the bed, since it is facing forward instead of inside the slide out as one normally sees in a 4 slide motorhome? We like the lay out but are curious as to the convenience of the bed.

Does anyone have a setup like this? Do you like it? Does Monaco have a similar model?

Thanks for your input,eh?

Brad

The Monaco Diplomat has a PRQ floorplan that should be approx the same. The Dip and Endeavor are, for all practical purposes, identical. Some cosmetic differences and badging.

http://www.monacocoach.com/resources...64_brc_pdf.pdf
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2016, 09:28 PM   #9

Yep, we have an '07 HR Endeavor PRQ...in the same paint scheme.

We love it. Our previous coach was also an HR Endeavor with the north-south bed, and we really appreciated the access.

Our current coach has 4 slides and when the two bedroom slides are in they are tight to the bed, so you can't open the two large closets on the drivers side, nor the four drawers on the passenger side. However, you can get to everything else, so with a little planning you can easily boondock at Wally World and not even open a slide.

There is very little we would change on our coach. Like many Monacos, this one only has the front jack...but we do have both jacks and airbags, so it works well. We do not have aquahot (never had it so I don't know what I'm missing). We have heat pumps and furnaces...they work great in cold weather. I couldn't always get into my pantry door open in the kitchen The cabinet above the mirror next to the sink we use as our pantry) when the slide was in (like in a rest stop), but I filed down the corner of the trim that was interfering and some stain and it looks like it was made that way and now I can open the cabinet anytime.

We also have a residential Samsung refrig and it does great. I usually run it on the inverter when driving, and the batteries are more than up for it. Some days I need the cabin ac to stay cool in the hot TX weather (the front cab ac doesn't keep up when it is real hot), so I just fire up the generator and run the ac (and also recharge the batteries.)

This is our second coach and we truly love it. (oh, we put the air number mattress in the coach...so the bed is extra nice!). Good luck. PM me if you have other questions....
Old 10-27-2016, 06:12 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Tecma Toilet

I have a 2007 Monaco SFT. I thought I would give you some information on the Tecma toilet. I believe that Tecma is now owned by Thetford. On the SFT, the toilet does not line up over the black water tank, so they used a Tecma toilet, which has a built-in macerator. When you flush it, it runs the contents through the internal macerator and then pumps it over into the black water tank.

It has several advantages. Everything that goes into your black water tank has already been run through a macerator, and dumps easily. Since the toilet is electric, it has a setting that lets you preset the fill level of the toilet bowl to where you want it. It has a 40 gallon black water tank, so we are good for 4-5 days of boon docking.

The Tecma was designed for boats/yachts, which need to pump the waste to wherever on the boat it needs to go. It is a $1,300 toilet, and we have never had any problems with it in 10 years.

The 2007 model year was manufactured in 2006, when the economy was going great. Monaco/HR put a lot of options on the coaches. It has a great engine/transmission combination and drives like a dream. Make sure that the original shocks have been replaced. The back TV is analog and needs to be replaced with a digital. Otherwise, just a great year for a motorhome.
Lukeaa is offline   Reply With Quote