Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-16-2018, 05:22 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Intellitec Issue

Mysteriously one of my fantastic fans and my water pump keep turning on and off. Sometimes I am able to turn the pump off and other times I cannot. Looked in the rear closet and relay module “C” controls these. I noticed that there is a green light on at this module while all others don’t have any lights on. A second light on the module illuminates when the pump comes on. Any thoughts or advice is greatly appreciated
Chargerman is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-16-2018, 08:02 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
A couple things you can do to start. Open up the Intellitec panel and check the 5 amp fuse. You can also unplug the phone plug. That should re-boot the system.

My panel is in the rear bedroom closet, inside the main breaker box.
windsorbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:10 AM   #3

Are both the water pump and the fan switches on the same Intellitec keypad? When the glitches come to any of our keypads, I cycle the "Salesman switch" by the door. That also re-boots the Intellitec. (You'll have to turn back on the loads you leave on, as they will not come back on automatically.) Ours doesn't have a phone type plug on it. That would be nice.

The LED's on the modules are only lit when that particular load is turned on. So it's normal for most to be dark.

Keep us posted. There is a company that can provide extremely good service for the Intellitec systems if you wind up need it, and they know our coaches. Here is the link to their company: https://www.mmrvelectronics.com/intellitec. Talk to Mark or Chris Bayus. They're GOOD!
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2018, 06:52 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
What is the part number of your module C?

If there are two of them you can switch them & see if that cures your fans & pump. If there is a DIP switch on the modules make sure to take a photo and switch the DIP switch positions to match the configuration.

I've had several intermittant problems and the solution has been replacing the module.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:32 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks guys. Headed down to take a look. I will keep you posted.
Old 04-17-2018, 11:37 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
K7JV

Yes the fantastic fan and water pump have switches on the same keypad. I’m pretty sure I have more than one module that are the same as C. I will try the salesman switch first and then try swapping modules if unsuccessful. I will make sure the dip switches remain correct for the position. I am aware of MM also after searching the site last night. If unsuccessful today I will give them a call. I will update here with progress.
Old 04-17-2018, 05:15 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
So I spent quite a bit of time today in the coach doing updates and the water pump and fan did not act up once. Frustrating for sure. I had just put all of the batteries back in after the winter and was wondering if the Intellitec system was trying to find its brain. Had a similar issue last year though. I think I'm going to give MM a call tomorrow to see if they have and advice/thoughts. It wouldn't worry me if it was just the fan because I can turn that off at the fan but I don't want the pump to be running unnecessarily. For the time being I have unplugged it
Old 04-17-2018, 07:46 PM   #8

Your pump question/concern is interesting. Do you not leave the water pump switch in the "ON" position, twenty-four-seven? It is on a pressure controller built into the pump that should keep it from running if there is no demand.

On our '06 Dynasty, there is an input to the Intellitec on module F, plug J1, terminal 2. That is just an "ON" input from the rocker switch in the wet bay. The output is, as you say, on module C, plug J2, terminal 5, and it supplies power to the pump, itself. I believe that all the Intellitec does is look for "ON"/"OFF" inputs from the keypads, and from the wet bay switch, and it then just enables the pump by sending power down to it. The pump then runs whenever the pressure on the output side drops, such as when a sink tap is opened.

I don't think you have to worry about leaving the pump turned "ON". The worst case failure mode for the Intellitec system is that the pump would NOT run. So you should be safe to leave it on.
Old 04-18-2018, 05:35 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I do leave it on when we are on the road but when it is parked I drain the water tank and leave the pump off. The Coach is still winterized currently and therefore I do not want the pump to run and burn itself out. I’m wondering since the fan and one of the pump switches is on the same keypad if that could be the culprit. I will update after to speaking with MM today
Old 04-18-2018, 06:44 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
I’m wondering since the fan and one of the pump switches is on the same keypad if that could be the culprit.
Keypad is possibly the problem. Reseat the connector to see. Are they both on the same C module? I've had to replace several modules for similar problems.

The only way to reset the system is to disconnect the batteries AND solar.

I had intermittant galley lights coming on. Eventually I realized it only happened when the bedroom door was closed. There is a magnetic switch on that door to prevent slide retraction with the door closed. The module it connected to was above the windshield, replacing it cured the problem.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:00 AM   #11

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Got any Creepy Crawlies in the RV (Bugs of the Insect type) THey can short out switches and controls .. I'm fighting a battle with 'em as I type.

That is one control system I do not have so I can say no more about it.
Old 04-18-2018, 07:41 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
I do not have any pests in the Coach. It is parked in a garage that is pest free.

I spoke to Chris at M&M and he said it could be one of three possible culprits. A bad ground, a bad keypad, a bad module. He told me to remove the suspect keypad and disconnect it from the system and see if the issue stops. Will do that today and hopefully it is the issue.
Old 04-18-2018, 08:46 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chargerman View Post
I do not have any pests in the Coach. It is parked in a garage that is pest free.

I spoke to Chris at M&M and he said it could be one of three possible culprits. A bad ground, a bad keypad, a bad module. He told me to remove the suspect keypad and disconnect it from the system and see if the issue stops. Will do that today and hopefully it is the issue.
it's super frustrating. I had an issue for 2+ years. Interior lights would blink on and off randomly with generator running under high load. (both roof airs running) Chris at M&M very helpful and patient. On the first go around, he thought it was the florescent lights so I changed everything to LED. Then he thought grounds. Check all of them 2 or 3 times. Then I tried switching the modules. Still nothing. Finally bit the bullet and replaced the main board about a month ago. Finally it looks like success. Its in the rear closet and I don't think it likes the heat from the engine.
windsorbill is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2018, 09:45 AM   #14

We have one keypad on our '06 Dynasty that is quirky. It is probably the same one you are fighting with. It is in the bathroom, on the front of the sink cabinet.

The two ways I've come up with for "un-quirkying" it are to either switch the Salesman switch off and then back on, or to unplug and re-plug the module like Chris suggested you do.

I am fortunate in that the module is in the front of that bathroom base cabinet unit, and it is directly above a drawer. On ours, there is a "pig tail" maybe six inches long with a white cable connector on it in the line to that keypad. I found that if I open that drawer about half way, bend my arm really awkwardly, stand on my head, with my left eye closed, I can reach into and up above that drawer and unplug that connector without having to take the module off of the cabinet. Well, maybe its not quite that difficult. But it works. I'll do almost anything to keep from prying off the front covers on those keypads. It always seems like they finally come off just a fraction of a second before they break! So far, I've been fortunate.

I actually finally removed a couple of the cable ties in there to allow that cable to drop down a couple of inches so that the connector can be more easily accessed thru that drawer, as that particular keypad does act up about once a month, or so.

Good luck on your project!

Tags
intellitec