Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2014, 01:10 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Intellitec monitor water pump light not working

We have a 2012 Monaco monarch. The inside water pump indicator light is not working. The pump is in and the light in the outside switch in the water bay is lit up. How do you check to see if the light on the command center/tank monitor is working or if it needs to be replaced. Is the board 12 volt or Ac?
lipsmack is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2014, 01:15 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1417032879.549178.jpg
Views:	106
Size:	716.3 KB
ID:	80023 this is the panel we have. I do not find a model number on the panel or in the Rv manual.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:40 PM   #3

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipsmack View Post
Attachment 80023 this is the panel we have. I do not find a model number on the panel or in the Rv manual.
I don't have that panel but a similar assembly has a tiny 12vdc lamp inside the red holder. Those holders (and the switch) usually push into the panel from the front but quite often won't come out unless you access the back and squeeze the fingers to release them. Sometimes they will pop out from front if you gently pry an edge. On mine (with an incandescent bulb) I replaced it with an LED and resistor.

BTW, you'll find that nearly all indicators/lamps are 12 vdc so they work without shore power/genset/inverter.
Old 11-26-2014, 01:43 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Since the pump is working and you have the outside light/switch working, my guess is that the inside bulb is bad (seems to be a common occurrence), which is built into the switch. That means you will have replace the switch... again a fairly common thing. And both will be 12vdc.
Just have to unscrew the panel and remove/replace the switch from the backside. It's held in with 2 pinch-to-remove tabs, one at top and one at bottom.

good luck!
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2014, 01:47 PM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Since the pump is working and you have the outside light/switch working, my guess is that the inside bulb is bad (seems to be a common occurrence), which is built into the switch. That means you will have replace the switch... again a fairly common thing. And both will be 12vdc.
Just have to unscrew the panel and remove/replace the switch from the backside. It's held in with 2 pinch-to-remove tabs, one at top and one at bottom.

good luck!
Mine is separate (not a lighted switch) but releases as you describe.
Old 11-26-2014, 03:04 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks. It was just the light. We switched with the bay heater light since our bay heater stopped working a year ago :(. I saw somewhere where they replaced the light with a green module. I like that idea since it makes more since in is good/working. Anyone know where to get this modules?
Old 11-26-2014, 03:11 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by lipsmack View Post
Thanks. It was just the light. We switched with the bay heater light since our bay heater stopped working a year ago :(. I saw somewhere where they replaced the light with a green module. I like that idea since it makes more since in is good/working. Anyone know where to get this modules?
Try these ... and a selection of colors:
JR Products 12755 Red and White 12V Indicator Light For Switch Camper Trailer RV
Old 11-26-2014, 06:36 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Thank you! Happy camping!
Old 11-27-2014, 07:03 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Good point, Bruce. I forgot they'd made things as confusing as possible by using different things in different coaches for the same applications. And I see now on the OP's panel that he does have a separate switch and light. Mine are all combined... except for one place - which is the separate kind. Sheesh!
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2014, 07:40 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Good point, Bruce. I forgot they'd made things as confusing as possible by using different things in different coaches for the same applications. And I see now on the OP's panel that he does have a separate switch and light. Mine are all combined... except for one place - which is the separate kind. Sheesh!
Mine are separate (1997 vintage) and had little incandescent bulbs that drew enough current that if you left one on (like the steps), and the RV was in storage, it would eventually drain the battery. They also got hot enough to discolor the holders. They are now LED RVing is a never ending series of projects

Tags
water, water pump