Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-03-2008, 03:16 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by george henry:
You can be naked inside and nobody can see inside from outside . We always see people trying to see in. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Are you sure?? Have you ever thought that maybe they are trying to see in because the naked people inside caught their attention.

Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-03-2008, 05:59 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Here's some pics of our RV Quick Shades that Gonefish'n turned us on to RV Quick Shades. They were so nice to show us their's and how to install them. My plan was to fumble around in the front window so they would come over and help but we ran out of time and they had to get on the road. I want to thank them for all there help, nice people.
When we went to install the Quick Shades and we were surprised that they fit perfect without any cutting at all on the front window (what luck) for a change.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:23 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Looks nice, Drifter. Especially the tan shade with your coach. Nice fit, too.
Old 02-03-2008, 06:30 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
drifter,
The shades look very nice! Very professional! And I bet no one could see you from the outside if you were scantily clad! But be warned about doing so after the sun has set and you have lights on in the coach.

I believe your front shade didn't need to be trimmed because Crystal (of Tim & Crystal), knows just about every MH's front window size from memory and they have quite a variety.

Also, I remember that our instructions say not to drive with any of the shades installed on any of the windows you need to see out of. I forgot once to remove the screen from the door window when I moved the MH from storage to the house.

drifter, thank you for the kind words. It was our pleasure to get to know you & Sharon. We enjoyed the campfire gatherings and sharing information. We are hoping for a second annual gathering in QZ next year.
Safe travels,
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 06:47 PM   #19
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I agree with you. Those inside screens will not stop the heat from coming in. The windshield will heat up and the whole idea is to deflect it before it hits the glass </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I disagree with this statement. I had an acquaintance want to know for sure how the inside and the outside screens compared to each other. I actually have a copy of his notes somewhere...but he took temps in 4 or 5 different spots and the two were comparable...but surprisingly the inside screen did outperform the exterior screen in all but one of the comparisons. (I will look for those notes and post them)

I can also tell you that the inside screens stay dryer & cleaner then the exterior screens. I watched one of our neighbors cuss up a storm because she had to find a way to get the exterior screens dry so she could put them away.
I do roll mine up when I take them down...and a great place to store them behind the sofa.
...and Robin... I have actually gone outside trying to see the naked man!

I do love my RV QuickShades!!

MM
MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2008, 07:41 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MonacoMama:
...and Robin... I have actually gone outside trying to see the naked man! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>Mama,

You probably shouldn't make a habit of that, for several reasons - not the least of which is that one of your neighbors may not believe that you are only "testing the shades" when you're standing outside looking in their coach.
Old 02-03-2008, 08:36 PM   #21
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">one of your neighbors may not believe that you are only "testing the shades" when you're standing outside looking in their coach </div></BLOCKQUOTE>LOL...very good Rob! ...now if I can get all my neighbors to buy those shades so I couldn't see them!

MM
Old 02-03-2008, 09:32 PM   #22
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
OK... while I was talking to sacs tonight... he mentioned that he thought I posted the info before in regards to the temps...as I was looking .. I also received a PM reminding me that I posted it before.
If you go to this link ...you will find info!

MM
Old 02-04-2008, 12:49 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
I bought the inside shades for our Journey. I tested them also with a heat temp gun. I found them the same as what our freinds had with outside shades. a year later ours did way better. Why?? We still put ours on.. He stoped because it was a pain to install. We just bought new for our Camelot. We have the 2 pc. Looks good and works great. One pc might be a little harder to install.
Old 02-04-2008, 01:16 AM   #24

The wife and I bought our first set of the inside shades for our gas coach from Dimit Screens and loved them. With the new coach we made our own. It was very simple...and like MonacoMama and others have said, they stay a lot cleaner being on the inside. No muss, no fuss. It's really nice taking them down from inside when it's raining outside and your packing up to leave.
Bubba1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-05-2008, 02:31 PM   #25

I too will have to agree with Mama. We have many miles on our inside shades. When the heat is coming in the front winshield and I install the shades, the drop in temperature is noticeable. We bought it for the ease of installation feature, but the other advantages described here are worth noting. A suggestion when removing the suction cup, use the little tab to avoid touching the surface area. If the cup gets contaminated and falls off, clean with alcohol and reapply.
Bill Davis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:14 AM   #26

I have a question on these screens. We use the Prompt exterior screens on our front windshield and driver window and like them. However, have been considering some inside screens for more "as needed" use and was wondering how these work for those other windows.

All my other windows have a screen inside on either the bottom part, the right half or the left half. How do these inside attachment screens work for these areas? How do they attach with the screen there? Or, are they just for the large front areas that are all glass and no screen involved.

Thanks up front for your response.
DonnaB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 12:08 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
DonnaB,
The sunshades attach with suction cups at the top of the shade (to the top of the window), so they work with the windows that have openings or screens at the bottom. Our driver's window has a slider at the bottom and it just hangs over the opening, to the bottom of the window sill. This works with sliders that move side-to-side or up. They also work with stationary or picture windows that do not open (like our rear window, the emergency exit window).

At our dinette table the window is a side-to-side slider, and the suction cup will not attach to the window's screen. The cups need a smooth surface to attach to. I could hang one on the stationary portion of the window, but instead use the day/night shades on that window.

I hope my descriptions help. Ask again if not.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 01:26 PM   #28

Bubba1:
Where did you find the material to make your own? I want some material but do not want the shades already made. I would like to order quite a few yards and do some for inside our house also.

Whippetmom is offline   Reply With Quote