RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-22-2019, 08:14 AM   #1

Inverter Sub-panel

I have a 2000 36 foot Diplomat and trying to figure out how inverter is wired through power panel. Is there a sub panel? If so where is it?

jeepn is online now   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-22-2019, 08:47 AM   #2

My 2006 Scepter did not have a sub panel. It took me days to figure out what Monaco did. The easiest way to tell is to look at the Inverter. If there are two 20A breaker buttons on the side where the inspection plate is; you do not have a sub panel. If no 20A breakers then you have a sub panel, but it's location could be almost anywhere. Search other threads to see possible locations.

My inverter is Magnum 200 watt. I think the PN is RV2012-20B. the 20B designation is for the 20A option. It had to be ordered special since one seems to stock the two breaker model. Magnum recommended Arizona Wind and Sun as one of their distributors.

GQ

Gquilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 11:03 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi ! Welcome to IRV2! We're sure glad you joined the gang!

Hopefully GQ got you on the right track! Have fun and keep her between the ditches!

Good luck, happy trails, and God bless!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2019, 06:41 PM   #4
Community Moderator

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I have two panels side by side in the bedroom overhead. Power goes to the first panel and all the non-inverted circuits are fed from there. Two of the breakers in that panel feed the inverter. The output from the inverter goes to the second panel and all those breakers feed the inverted circuits.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	120VAC Distribution.jpg
Views:	8
Size:	232.3 KB
ID:	257693  
Old 08-23-2019, 07:48 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gquilla View Post
My 2006 Scepter did not have a sub panel. It took me days to figure out what Monaco did. The easiest way to tell is to look at the Inverter. If there are two 20A breaker buttons on the side where the inspection plate is; you do not have a sub panel. If no 20A breakers then you have a sub panel, but it's location could be almost anywhere. Search other threads to see possible locations.

My inverter is Magnum 200 watt. I think the PN is RV2012-20B. the 20B designation is for the 20A option. It had to be ordered special since one seems to stock the two breaker model. Magnum recommended Arizona Wind and Sun as one of their distributors.

GQ
I have the Magnum ME 2012-20B inverter which has one breaker on the side of the inverter. I have searched every where for a sub panel and believe my " Snowflake " does not have a sub panel and relied on the breaker on the side of the inverter. The problem is that I don't have use of any inverter 120 outlets until I have the inverter repaired. I'm thinking about installing a manual bypass switch next to the inverter which would bypass the inverter and power up the inverter outlets . I understand I would lose the battery charger if bypassed but that's easy to deal with while inverter is down. Probably will never break again but.......
jeepn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 09:13 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
That should work. My '06 Endeavor didn't have a subpanel either, and was wired like GQ described.

The ME-2012 inverter failed, and to maintain usage of the outlets til I could get time to work on it, I simply removed the wires to the inverter input & output and connected them with wire-nuts.
Old 08-23-2019, 11:05 AM   #7
YC1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
That should work. My '06 Endeavor didn't have a subpanel either, and was wired like GQ described.

The ME-2012 inverter failed, and to maintain usage of the outlets til I could get time to work on it, I simply removed the wires to the inverter input & output and connected them with wire-nuts.
Ditto: Wish I would have thought ahead and replaced the inverter with a pure sine wave. Oh well. Hind site.
Aluminator tow bar, Demco base plate
YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:24 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
The nice thing about Magnum is they have repair centers around the US and most parts are readily available. I just had a Magnum inverter repaired at a repair place here in Tucson.
vito.a is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2019, 12:28 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Well, there's more to that story, Myron. This was 2 years ago when Irma flooded everything (including the inverter), and we had to make-do staying in the coach til I could get the house back to semi-livable condition.
As it ended up, when I did replace the inverter, it came with a free Camelot .
(Still not a PSW, tho ).

Tags
inverter, panel