Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-08-2009, 04:45 AM   #1

Latest Monaco News

Obvioulsy all of us want Monaco to survive. We all have a personal interest in their survival. It affects the value of our units and most importantly we want the support of the factory. Being a businessman I smell something big happening very soon. First we have all the stories of the closing of the Florida service center. MM contacted Moanco and we were assured that the facility would reopen. Now, according to posters on RV.net it will be closed. Harrisburg is closed until March. A hedge fund has become the largest Monaco shareholder. The factory will not reopen this month. All bad news. If this were a normal economic slowdown I would not be worried. But being as new MH orders have virtually ended I cannot see anything good happening. Many have been saying for 3 or more months that Monaco and FW will have trouble surviving. I hope they are wrong!! I must also mention that the poor employees will suffer!!!
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-08-2009, 10:36 AM   #2

Moisheh,

My 2009 Monaco Dynasty is currently in Harrisburg being tweaked from its shakedown trip. I took the coach in on December 10 and requested all work be completed by Mid-January. The work includes some body & paint work.

I happy to say that Monaco has kept me updated weekly and things are on schedule to be completed as requested.

Yes, staffing levels are at minimum, but the level of service and dedication to completing the job, especially in these times are outstanding.

As with you and others, I wish them well, but also, I haven't written them off yet. As others have said on this and other forums, its the people that make the difference.

ricpar
Rickpar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:52 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Harrisburg is closed until March
As we have stated before, this is not the case. Harrisburg Service Center is operating with reduced staff for the winter period. This is not something new for the Harrisburg center as the amount of people coming in for service generally falls off to near zero due to the weather conditions there.
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 10:53 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
RickPar...

Welcome to the Monaco Forum & iRV2! We are glad you have joined us. You will find all sorts of information here with many great Monaco owners willing to help any way they can.

Please feel free to visit & post often...it is with feedback and sharing of information that helps to keep members informed.

Again..welcome to the forums. We look forward to many more posts from you!

By the way.. May I please add some "Monaco karma" under your name..I promise you it is a bargain at no charge to you!

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 11:05 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
FYI - I have received an email from Wildwood today and was told everything remains the same as to what was previously posted by me.
I also have talked to Harrisburg today-It remains as stated also. The people there happen to be many of the best at doing what they know how to do...take care of the Monaco Owners.

I am wishing Monaco the best of luck to remain intact.

Old 01-08-2009, 02:38 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Yes sells are nothing like they were in the past but here at LazyDays there is a lot of activity and many high end coaches have sold signs in the window. The Crown Club (a club for LazyDays customers who purchase a motorhome that cost more than $300k) service and sales campground is full and all the Crown Club service bays have motorhomes in them. Business is down but it is not dead.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:35 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
I think I agree with Moisheh. Anytime a hedge fund becomes the majority shareholder it is NEVER good. Their goal is to sell off the best assets and let the rest rot on the vine. The current actions by MCC is an effort to reduce cash flow and shore up the balance sheets. To me, it sounds like a gutting is near. Hope I'm wrong, but have seen it too many times to dismiss the possibility.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 03:57 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I just got off the phone with Monaco
Tech service. They helped me sucessfully fix a problem with my convertor not charging the house batteries while on shore power. They also told me the Wildwood facility will reopen in March. I was also told that the staff at Monaco have been told by management that recent events should allow them to survive the current economic troubles for quite some time and they are hopeful things will begin to turnaround in the near future. Also, I was told to mail the bill for the recent slide repair done by an independent service company. They will pay it. I heard nothing but positive info and felt that the tech had lots of faith in his company and hopes that Monaco's customers feel the same way.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 06:11 PM   #9

Sacs:

"Employees at the warranty and service center in Harrisburg, meanwhile, won’t be called back until March 2. Winter is typically a slow time at the service center, Wanichek said. "

I must apologize for my post. I read the above and took that to mean they had closed the facility. I guess they mean that the laid off ( not all of the employees) employees will not be called back until March. The article is ambiguous!

Monaco
2009 Silverado Toad
moisheh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2009, 07:54 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by moisheh:...
I must apologize for my post. I read the above and took that to mean they had closed the facility. I guess they mean that the laid off ( not all of the employees) employees will not be called back until March. The article is ambiguous!
Moisheh..I have learned the hard way..."Don't Believe Everything You Read"!!(especially when it comes to The R.G!) I have a hard time believing anything that is in newsprint anymore...I have been at an event and then read about it - and swear we were in a different country from the reporter...
MM

Old 01-09-2009, 02:50 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally posted by MonacoMama:
..I have learned the hard way..."Don't Believe Everything You Read"!!(especially when it comes to The R.G!) I have a hard time believing anything that is in newsprint anymore...I have been at an event and then read about it - and swear we were in a different country from the reporter...
MM
My Dad always said "don't believe anything you hear and only half of what you see".

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 07:39 AM   #12

National RV Owners Club
Quote:
...I have been at an event and then read about it - and swear we were in a different country from the reporter...
Ain't it the truth MM!! Unfortunately it doesn't purtain to just the newspaper industry, the news industry as a whole no matter the medium or subject, it has become "news entertainment", facts are not checked and words are twisted to make the best headline or soundbite.

2006 Dolphin 5355
Tahiti16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 09:09 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I'm questioning the Wildwood facility being open in March. We tried to make an appointment in May 09 and they told us on the phone "No appointments will be made after April and they are canceling all that have already been made". They refused to say they were closing Wildwood, but didn't say they would re open. This was just last week we made this call.

We also wish the best for Monaco. We certainly love the factory service centers over dealer.

Bob & Cheryl
2008 Camelot 40PDQ
2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee
Fulltimers
Bob & Cheryl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2009, 02:09 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Not looking good for Country Coach. This means simpy that the core of expertise may evaporate in the Coberg area. Bob Lee may own his company again after all!!

BREAKING NEWS
Country Coach, Lee Try to Work Out Dispute
RV Business
Friday, January 9, 2009

The 500 employees at the idled Country Coach plant in Junction City, Ore., shouldn’t wait around for the plant to restart, founder and investor Bob Lee told the Register-Guard, Thursday (Jan. 9).

“They should be out looking for a job,” he said in an interview.

CLICK HERE for the rest of the story.

(edited for copyright issues)