Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 09-18-2015, 06:52 AM   #1

ISC Oil Pressure and Coolant Temp sensors

2000 Dynasty with ISC-350
I have installed the VMSpc, so I have both instrument panel and ECM readouts of both oil pressure and coolant temp. The VMS has always reported 113 PSI oil pressure, obviously incorrect, but the dash gage worked properly, so I've not gotten around to replacing the sensor. Last week, the dash coolant temp gage began reading far lower than reported by the VMS. So, it's time to replace the sensors involved. There are either different sensors for the dash gages and the ECM, or sensors with two outputs.

I have not even searched for the location of these sensors. I thought someone might know part numbers for them and I'll go ahead and order them to have ready to replace.

Anyone know the part numbers and a source?
Vanwill is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 09-18-2015, 07:08 AM   #2

There have been some threads regarding , oil pressure sensors on the Cummins C engines, some owners reporting a single sensor , some two, others saying that when they have had issues, that Cummins was installing 2 to replace the original single and a wiring up grade.
I had asked one owner for a picture of the related change up, but he didn't respond, he had posted a previous picture of the single sensor.
Cummins, coolant temperature sensor, is beside the thermostat housing, but there are several , spots on the exhaust manifold side of the cylinder head where another sensor for dash gauges could be added by the chassis builder.
Here is what I have on sensor location, attached thumbnail, only shows one oil pressure sensor, but there are several other locations on the oil gallery where another could be added. The gallery runs front to rear of the engine, level the same distance above the oil pan as the sensor mounting hole.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ISC sensor location.jpg
Views:	16700
Size:	72.8 KB
ID:	107193  
Old 09-18-2015, 08:24 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Vanwill

When I bought my rig used the oil pressure pegged the oil pressure gauge. The first thing I did was take it to Cummins for a complete checkup. The traced the problem to my guage, they had tapped the wrong port, they corrected but since the gauge had pegged out it never did read right. I now have a VMSpc and monitor the vitals of my engine and transmission on a small laptop mounted to the left of my steering wheel, great system.

I would suggest you go to Quickserve, it's free
https://quickserve.cummins.com/info/index.html

Go ahead a create an account and then register your engine using the SN

Once you've done that you can look up the part you are looking for and get a schematic showing the part/location/and part#'s.

I have created a library of different areas for my engine. Just got done replacing my exhaust manifold, I got the part #'s off of this site and then checked internet and local venders for best prices.

After reading about various problems associated with my 350 ISC engine I have information regarding the fuel lift pump and other sensors that have been posted as potential problems.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-18-2015, 10:00 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Jim, et all, as usual thanks for the great info...
I am amazed at the knowledge in this subforum...
you guys are at fort knox level when I'm still using bicycle locks

I registered on the cummins site with what Monaco gave me as the ESN on my datacard and will study there..

have had other diesels for years...
but the radiator is not the only thing stopping me from looking at this engine! The only thing I know is it's red

Having driven it for about 1000 miles now, I THINK all is well, but still made an appt at the local fort worth Cummins service center to let them check it out and tell me if my suspicion that it is a ISL 425 is correct

$144 per hour, they best be golden !
Old 09-18-2015, 09:43 PM   #5

Skip and Jim--thanks for the info. I called Cummins and got the part number for the oil pressure sensor, but can't tell if it's a double or single. I'm going to crawl under the coach tomorrow and see if the number on my existing oil pressure sensor matches the Cummins part number, then try to source it from ISSPRO or someone else.

Also emailed Monaco to see if they had info. To my surprise, they responded quickly saying both sensors were in stock--just a good bit higher price than I think I can find elsewhere. $165 for the oil pressure sensor, and $65 for the coolant temp. Monaco sent a pix of the oil pressure sensor, and it has two terminals from one sensor. Coolant sensor had one connection--not sure that is the correct one.

Monaco even had a heater core for my coach for $211, which seemed reasonable.

I'll let you know how this all ends up. Thanks again for the replies. There is a wealth of knowledge on this forum.
Old 09-19-2015, 01:13 PM   #6

Van,
Have you tried Cummins for the sensors? I was quoted a price of $43.00 the temp sensor. Not sure if it is a single or double. Have not purchased it yet.
rvhotrod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 01:22 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by rvhotrod View Post
Van,
Have you tried Cummins for the sensors? I was quoted a price of $43.00 the temp sensor. Not sure if it is a single or double. Have not purchased it yet.
Dennis, Monaco quoted me about $60+, but I could not tell if it was a single or double sensor. I was hoping to take the easy way out here, and someone have all the info, but I guess I'm going to have to crawl under there and remove the sensors to see if I can get part numbers from them.

Been adding wiring to my RV shed all day and then need to get ready for a trip next week. Thanks!
Old 09-19-2015, 01:28 PM   #8

Usually a double sensor like that is one for a warning light and one for the gauge.
Mike Canter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2015, 04:44 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
VAnwill
I also have a 350 ISC, for my records what is the oil pressure and temp sensor part numbers.

Is the oil pressure 4076930

Is the coolant temp 4088750

If they are they are listed on EBAY of ~$20 each
Old 09-19-2015, 06:45 PM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by jacwjames View Post
VAnwill
I also have a 350 ISC, for my records what is the oil pressure and temp sensor part numbers.

Is the oil pressure 4076930

Is the coolant temp 4088750

If they are they are listed on EBAY of ~$20 each
Thanks, Jim! I got the oil pressure sensor PN from Cummins, and the 4067930 and 4067931 numbers seem to be used interchangeably. I THINK the 4067931 is the switch itself, and the 4067930 might be a kit consisting of some other parts like connectors, seals, etc.

The coolant sensor PN I got from Monaco, and I'm not quite sure it is the correct one. They gave me S07010869 as a part number. That could be an internal Monaco number, and I cannot tell from the pix if it is a single or double sensor, but I think it is single.

About all I am certain of is that the ECM and the dash gauge must be using different sensors, if the VMS shows one value and the dash gauge show a value not even close. I also think the "low oil pressure gong" is something behind the dash, and triggered by the gage or another sensor.

Still looking into this. I'll report back if I get a definitive solution. Thanks for the Ebay tipoff. I saw that also, and the price seems a lot more like what it should be. These sensors aren't rocket science.
Old 09-19-2015, 08:10 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
I got this information off the Quickserve site for my engine SN. Yours may be different. If you go to the Quickserve site you may be able to get the info for your engine.

I've created a pretty extensive library of info for all aspects of my rig to be better prepared for potential problems and to learn my systems. The more knowledge I have the better I will be prepared if something happens.