Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Anyone out there with a 44' Dynasty with the ISL 400hp Cummins? I'm considering a new Dynasty but seriously wondering how the ISL does in a 44' coach. Most other coaches in the 44-45' range either have the Cummins ISM or the Cat C-13. Any other comments on the newer model Dynasty's would also be appreciated. <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Thanks for your comments</span> -
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-28-2007, 03:24 PM   #2

Entegra Owners Club
Anyone out there with a 44' Dynasty with the ISL 400hp Cummins? I'm considering a new Dynasty but seriously wondering how the ISL does in a 44' coach. Most other coaches in the 44-45' range either have the Cummins ISM or the Cat C-13. Any other comments on the newer model Dynasty's would also be appreciated. <span class="ev_code_BLUE">Thanks for your comments</span> -
Old 03-28-2007, 04:56 PM   #3

We had the same concerns Ron. The way I looked at it was - more weight, same engine, less performance. I drove the Dynasty you mentioned and there was a small difference in acceleration from our 06 Dip. The Dynasty was new and empty as well with very little fuel. Once at speed I doubt one would notice much of a difference except when pulling in the hills out west or any other grades. I do think that the MPG would be slightly less however as the engine does have to work more to push all that weight. With the Dip pulling our 6000# SUV we usually lost about 1/4 to 1/3rd MPG. So maybe this would be about the same when pushing the Dynasty along versus the Diplomat we owned.

I drove a K2 Mountain Air with a 450 Cummins and a Zephyr with a 500 and did notice performance differnces in acceleration over the Dynasty. I think at the price point of the Dynasty a larger engine would be in order but that cuts into the desired profit margin I suppose.

We ended up buying the 07 Zephyr. I've got about 1200 miles on it now and there is a noticeable difference in peformance from my 06 Dip. Interesting that the MPG is slightly better in the new Zephyr than my 7000 mile 06 Dip was with the same tow vehicle.

Another deal breaker for us was the fact that the Dynasty has a window behind the master bed.

Best of luck in your quest!

Wally
wpitts is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 04:13 AM   #4

Ron
What I've heard from factory Techs on an ISM 500hp in the Dynasty is that if Monaco did that, you could just say bye to the Executive market yet there are rumors that the Exec will go away in a couple of yrs anyway and Monaco would have to raise the price on the Dynasty considerably. Same marketing reasoning that they wouldn't put a Tag Axle on the Windsor even though the Imperial has one, same coach but there's nothing in the HR lineup between the Imperial and Navigator. Now Monaco's done away with the Windsor.
We travel quite often witha friend who had an 02 43' Exec with 500hp ISM and weighs near 10000# more than ours and pulling similar toads. Filling up at the same places we both take on the same amount of fuel within a gallon, never more than 2gal.. Now our friend is driving a 45' Haulmark Super C with the 515hp Detroit Series 60 and getting better than 9mpg. All for near $200,000 less than a similar new Executive would have cost.

Dave
MCDDY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2007, 03:19 PM   #5

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Wally and Dave for sharing your knowledge with me... Wally, the Zephyr was originally the coach of choice, but before I do anything final I wanted to look at everything in that price range. The ISL in a coach of that weight kept bugging me and I think my concern was warranted. I've driven the Zephyr with the ISM and quite frankly didn't notice that much of a difference in apparent acceleration than my Allegro Bus with the ISL. I'm sure the weight difference sort of evened things out between the two coaches. Back to the Zephyr, hopefully Mr. Tiffin will borrow some of the new Monaco exterior color schemes in the 08 lineup. <span class="ev_code_RED">Thanks again guys</span> ...
Old 04-02-2007, 06:10 AM   #6

we have a 07 44 dynasty.. well they call it a 43 full wall.. 43' 11".. up from a 40 traditons with a 370..I pull a 10,000+ stacker trailer , it is a little slower up hills than the 40 tradionns.. and yes if they offered a upgrade i probally would have took it.. but i wouldn't give up the coach , once cursing, it doen's really matter, 75-80 with trailer no problem..
jefflewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 01:47 PM   #7

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jefflewin:
we have a 07 44 dynasty.. well they call it a 43 full wall.. 43' 11".. up from a 40 traditons with a 370..I pull a 10,000+ stacker trailer , it is a little slower up hills than the 40 tradionns.. and yes if they offered a upgrade i probally would have took it.. but i wouldn't give up the coach , once cursing, it doen's really matter, 75-80 with trailer no problem.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Jeff, if you like it so much why are you cursing?
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 03:12 PM   #8

hey mike.. why do want to be mean to me .. i was typing fast trying to get out of here and made a lot of mistakes.. but i'll make sure i spell check everything else.. take care jeff
jefflewin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2007, 04:03 PM   #9

Entegra Owners Club
Thanks Jeff, the full wall slide was exactly the coach I was looling at.
Old 04-02-2007, 04:35 PM   #10

Fleetwood Owners Club
Location: Back in Philly for the fall heading to Sunshine before the snow flies
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by jefflewin:
hey mike.. why do want to be mean to me .. i was typing fast trying to get out of here and made a lot of mistakes.. but i'll make sure i spell check everything else.. take care jeff </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm way to slow to be in a hurry, and not quite bright enough not to use spell check!
hondo122 is offline   Reply With Quote