Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-07-2019, 12:28 PM   #1

Jacks or no Jacks

I recently picked up a 02 Windsor and getting familiar with it and making small repairs and upgrades. This is my first so I have many questions.
My current issue. The air ride system leaks down. I've found and fixed a few leaks and it's getting better. I've been parking on my concrete driveway due to its been so wet here this winter. I've been setting the jacks, but due to the air leak it's putting an extreme amount of weight on the single Jack in the front and it's killing my drive. It's dipped pretty good and I'm afraid it will eventually punch through.
Is it ok to allow the suspension to bottom out without causing damage to the bags?
Also, does anyone know of a schematic for the air system. I have a couple of air solenoids in the rear that air powered up allowing bleed off even when the RV is shut off.
RaceWireTech is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceWireTech View Post
I recently picked up a 02 Windsor and getting familiar with it and making small repairs and upgrades. This is my first so I have many questions.

My current issue. The air ride system leaks down. I've found and fixed a few leaks and it's getting better. I've been parking on my concrete driveway due to its been so wet here this winter. I've been setting the jacks, but due to the air leak it's putting an extreme amount of weight on the single Jack in the front and it's killing my drive. It's dipped pretty good and I'm afraid it will eventually punch through.

Is it ok to allow the suspension to bottom out without causing damage to the bags?

Also, does anyone know of a schematic for the air system. I have a couple of air solenoids in the rear that air powered up allowing bleed off even when the RV is shut off.
....................extreme amount of weight on the single Jack in the front and it's killing my drive. It's dipped pretty good and I'm afraid it will eventually punch through.

Get yourself a couple of 2x12's and a piece of Plywood - slide that under the Jacks and spread the weight - should help with the driveway.

YUP, No Problem.

JMHO,
Busskipper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-07-2019, 12:36 PM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RaceWireTech View Post
Yes, thats okay.

Your air system should be similar to this.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 1998-2000 Monaco Chassis Schematic.pdf (1.64 MB, 38 views)
Old 02-09-2019, 11:15 AM   #4

With the info busskipper provided and a spray bottle full of soppy water it will be a pain but you should be able to find all the leaks but definitely get a large pad under the jacks
kenwyatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2019, 03:51 PM   #5
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
My main air supply leaks down in a day or so but it's no problem. There's an aux air pump under there somewhere that keeps the coach level (after I set the auto leveling of course).
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 06:48 AM   #6

Thanks, barmcd for the Monoco Schematic info. I will keep those close by for future reference as needed.
AdmiralRVr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 11:07 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSHappyCampers View Post
My main air supply leaks down in a day or so but it's no problem. There's an aux air pump under there somewhere that keeps the coach level (after I set the auto leveling of course).
If there is no air leak in the lines/valves/bags on the air bag side of the system the bags will stay inflated, even if you have a leak elsewhere that drains your tanks.
gsh-DP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:46 PM   #8

I have been having problems with rapid air loss from both systems ever since the collision damage was "repaired" by RM Cummins. Will be taking it back to them for a third time.
Meanwhile I bought some bubble blowing stuff for kids and got a mechanic's stethoscope from Amazon. I am pretty well convinced I am going to have to maintain my air systems myself to make sure it is done right. When the snow and freezing wind abate I will get under the coach to work on it.
Re: your question. As long as you are not moving it's okay for your airbags to be deflated. Deflated rear air bags will change the drive shaft angle between transmission and differential and can damage the U joints if the drive shaft rotates. Turning the steering wheel with front airbags deflated can cause the tires to contact the fiberglass wheel well surrounds.
I am not familiar with automatic air leveling systems and auxiliary air compressors so can't comment on them. I would caution you to make sure your engine-driven compressor can stay ahead of any air losses if you drive the coach before fixing the leak(s.) A first step is to make sure you do a successful DOT air brake system check before every coach movement. The DOT check can be easily found in any state's CDL Driver's Manual found online.
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 12:47 PM   #9

Forgot a link
https://www.amazon.com/Lisle-52750-S...N3L&ref=plSrch
2005 Monaco Knight 40PLQ; Cummins 8.3L ISC330, Pacbrake, Allison 3000, Roadmaster RR8R, ScanGauge D, 2004 Kawasaki Vulcan VN750(Geezer Glide) on a Versahaul carrier pulling a 2013 Kia Soul+; 2.0L, 6 speed Sport shifter(great car) on an American Car Dolly(great dolly.)
FL420 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2019, 02:26 PM   #10

Thanks for the help. And thanks barmcd for the schematics. They helped ID some stuff. It appears my rear solenoid valve are rear dumps. Any idea what may control these other than the dump switch? They are always hot. I wonder if they have a relay that could be stuck.
RaceWireTech is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
jacks