Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-27-2019, 07:35 AM   #211

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim_HiTek View Post

So just saying don't count on getting the right color unless you ask and arrange for it.
The cap they are selling me is the only one they have.... It just so happens that it is the same color, but I assume I will still have to paint it.
TRH299 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-28-2019, 01:17 PM   #212

Monaco Owners Club
Video #3 showing steps, stairwell and front beam pull

Old 06-28-2019, 06:46 PM   #213

Good job! Your video editing is good too!
Old 06-29-2019, 12:40 AM   #214

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
It is slowly coming back to shape! The Chevelle sounds good! Keep at it! Rail!
Old 07-01-2019, 11:31 AM   #215

Monaco Owners Club
Anyone know where the light switch is for this overhead kitchen area fluorescent ceiling light fixture? There is also no water pump switch anywhere in the kitchen area which seems odd.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	kitchen light.jpg
Views:	98
Size:	179.2 KB
ID:	251803  
Old 07-01-2019, 11:43 AM   #216

Monaco Owners Club
Started digging into my stairwell this past weekend. Tore out the carpet and plywood sides. Found out the stairwell cover was not working due to a bracket being mangled and broken away from the plastic acme nut. Will straighten the bracket and repair or buy a new nut... motor works fine.

Also did a quick pull on the passenger side upper dash area.... It had been angled back about 5-6".... Now it is pulled back to vertical. It is slowly coming back into shape!
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190629_132708621.jpg
Views:	87
Size:	307.8 KB
ID:	251804   Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20190629_133154355.jpg
Views:	86
Size:	171.0 KB
ID:	251805  

Name:	BeamBefore.jpg
Views:	84
Size:	245.7 KB
ID:	251806   Click image for larger version

Name:	afterupperdash.jpg
Views:	85
Size:	212.4 KB
ID:	251807  

Old 07-01-2019, 03:36 PM   #217

Monaco Owners Club
No pump switch in the kitchen is odd. My coach is the same. one in the wet bay outside, one in the control panel above the entry door and one in the bathroom. Monaco
Old 07-01-2019, 04:36 PM   #218

I have a pump switch in the hallway between the bathroom and the kitchen, and then one down in the water basement compartment. So like you, no pump switch near the sinks or toilet. I don't like to leave my pump on all night or all day in case of a leak when I'm gone or asleep.

It was annoying all the times I have to get up in the middle of the night to pee to have to switch on the very bright overhead light, and also turn the water on, which I usually forgot as I entered the water closet. So what I did was add a strip of 3 LEDs with a P-B switch for some minimal light, and another P-B switch I could press and hold a few seconds so the pump would run for a flush. My water closet (with the toilet) is right next to the power management panel so I found 12 volt and the pump switch there and my custom wiring was simple. I paralleled the pump switch contacts with the new switch.

My '94 Bounder had press on, press off switches next to each sink, and in the basement compartment next to the outside shower too. An arrangement I prefer after living with both types of systems.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 05:26 PM   #219

Monaco Owners Club
So no pump switch in the kitchen is not unheard of.... How about ceiling light in the above picture?
Old 07-01-2019, 06:23 PM   #220

I would check the buttons on the microwave panel. It's possible the florescent tubes were damaged or, more likely, dislodged from their sockets during the wreck so check for that. Also possible that they burned out long ago and the PO didn't bother to change them.

That is if they're florescent. It's possible they're LED's too. I'm not familiar with that particular style of light fixture...might be a custom piece from Monaco.

You can test the fixture easily enough with a couple wires attached to a 12 volt plug...I imagine that RV has several 12 volt sockets in the LR. My '02 Winnie does. With that well stocked shop of yours, shouldn't be hard to make up a test cable.

My first move would be to check every nook and cranny for an odd ball switch. Make sure the house 12 volt is live of course as most house lights are 12 volt, especially back when that Monaco was made. Second move would be to open the fixture and make sure everything is tight in there. Third move would be to make up a test cable and apply 12 volt to the supply leads to see if the bulbs, lights, or LEDs light up.

Forth move would be to download and read the manual from Monaco. I hate doing that though.

Visit my RV Travel & Repair Blog at : https://chaos.goblinbox.com
Jim_HiTek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:36 PM   #221

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by TRH299 View Post
So no pump switch in the kitchen is not unheard of.... How about ceiling light in the above picture?

Do you have any of the wiring schematics for the coach. If you do it shows where the switch would be located.

If not you should see if you can find a copy. Years ago Monaco would provide these schematics, I got copies of both the house and chassis wiring schematics.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-01-2019, 06:58 PM   #222

Monaco Owners Club
I have generic incomplete schematics Monaco sent me (it was all they had for my year/model) and I have an owner's manual that was in the coach.

I just took the screws out and I think I figured it out. It is (6) tiny flourecsent bulbs and all are black on the ends. When I removed one, I realized the faint buzzing I occasionally noticed was gone.... I then put the bulb back in and could again hear a very slight buzz. I flipped the main light switch at the stairwell and the buzz went away again.. so the main light switch powers all the other regular flourecsent fixtures also controls this kitchen fixture. Just likely need to buy 6 new bulbs. EVERY other light bulb in the coach works, so I just "assumed" that I had not located the switch yet. I guess I should stick to easier problems like frame straightening. Lol
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	IMG_20190701_203011106.jpg
Views:	68
Size:	141.8 KB
ID:	251848  
Old 07-01-2019, 07:15 PM   #223

Quote:
Anyone know where the light switch is for this overhead kitchen area fluorescent ceiling light fixture? There is also no water pump switch anywhere in the kitchen area which seems odd.
Mine is above an outlet right next to that mirror
Attached Thumbnails

Name:	light.jpg
Views:	93
Size:	172.9 KB
ID:	251851  
Old 07-01-2019, 07:19 PM   #224

Quote:
I have generic incomplete schematics Monaco sent me (it was all they had for my year/model) and I have an owner's manual that was in the coach.

I just took the screws out and I think I figured it out. It is (6) tiny flourecsent bulbs and all are black on the ends. When I removed one, I realized the faint buzzing I occasionally noticed was gone.... I then put the bulb back in and could again hear a very slight buzz. I flipped the main light switch at the stairwell and the buzz went away again.. so the main light switch powers all the other regular flourecsent fixtures also controls this kitchen fixture. Just likely need to buy 6 new bulbs. EVERY other light bulb in the coach works, so I just "assumed" that I had not located the switch yet. I guess I should stick to easier problems like frame straightening. Lol
Some call that switch, the "Salesman" switch. It cuts 12 volts to the lighting. On mine, each light still has its own switch.

Tags
camelot, copart, monaco, salvage, wrecked