Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-27-2016, 11:03 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Beautiful coach Robin congratulations. Looks like the new owners have really improved the diplomat.
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-27-2016, 11:34 AM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks, Steve. The new Dip would equate to coaches like the earlier Camelot or Scepter class, upgraded with today's technology. On the REV Fleetwood side, it's most nearly equivalent to the American Revolution.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 01:54 PM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
That's a perfect place for the tv/fireplace module !!!

We looked at a couple at MHSRV, but didn't see one with that tv location...
That's SO much of an improvement over the unnatural seating for the tv on ours !
Old 11-27-2016, 04:42 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Can we see a photo looking aft from mid coach?

iPad using iRV2 - RV Forum
Old 11-27-2016, 06:21 PM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Can we see a photo looking aft from mid coach?
There are a couple of them in the link in my signature below. Also a floorplan diagram is there. The photos show the king bed in the "folded" upright position.
Old 11-27-2016, 07:02 PM   #20
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
It's gorgeous! Love the colors, inside & out.

How's the TV viewing from the recliner? I looked at a similar floorplan in a Bus & the recliner was much too close to such a large TV screen (I just don't get why mfr's have to put 50, 55 or 60-inch TV's in RV's). I ended up moving the freestanding dinette chair out of the way so I could get the recliner back far enough.

Lori-
NLOVNIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2016, 07:22 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Thanks, Lori. The colors are what mostly attracted us to the coach. Yeah, you're right about the recliner. It's much too close. If you wanted to watch TV from the recliner, you could put in the "L" extension on the big L shaped sofa and set the recliner in its place. Seems like a lot of effort, though. Probably easier to get a fold-up ottoman and just sit on the sofa. There's lots of room on that big sofa for the two of us to spread out.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:29 PM   #22

How tight is it getting to the back bathroom through the bedroom when folded in?
matthew6279 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2016, 05:21 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
You could get to the bed, but then you'd have to crawl over it to make it to the back bathroom. However, you'd be passing the mid-coach bathroom on the way, which is totally accessible with all slides in. Alternately, you could just put out the big full wall slide a little bit and walk around the bed.

That said, there is a downside to the 43G floor plan that doesn't exist on any of the other floorplans for this coach. In our old coach, when sleeping overnight in a parking lot, we were quite comfortable with just the full wall slide out. The same would be true of this coach except that our floor plan includes an adjustable king bed that has it's own little power slide, under the bed that extends it. Monaco calls it a "Dream Easy King". There is an interlock on the switch for the bed which does not allow the bed to be fully extended unless the exterior bed slide is first extended. (The reason for the interlock is so that you don't crush the bed between the two fully retracted slides should you forget to incline it first.) Other floor plans without the adjustable bed won't have this. The upside of this floorplan is that you have a huge amount of space in the bedroom with both slides out when the bed is in its inclined position (for reading or watching TV, etc.).

Since there is plenty of room to fully extend the bed with just the full wall slide out, I may figure out an easy way to temporarily bypass this interlook for those few occasions when we want to sleep in a parking lot with limited space. That wouldn't be hard to do, since that bed motor is easily accessible.
Old 12-01-2016, 06:02 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
National RV Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Send a message via AIM to tmw188
Robin M post 21 is not showing any images on my iPad but previous post did?

Old 12-01-2016, 06:07 PM   #25
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
There aren't any images in post #21 - just links to the albums on Google photo.

Lori-
Old 12-01-2016, 06:09 PM   #26
Community Administrator

Pond Piggies Club
LA Gulf Coast Campers
Outdoors RV Owners Club
Entegra Owners Club
Skyline Owners Group
Thanks for the info on the bed. I've looked at other mfr coaches having that style bed & wondered what I'd do if I couldn't get it flat when we boondock at a WM or rest area.

Lori-
Old 12-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by tmw188 View Post
Robin M post 21 is not showing any images on my iPad but previous post did?

The signature link seems to be working on this end. Could you please do me a favor and try it on a non-Apple device and let me know what happens? (If you meant the links within the message body, they are just emoticons on my isp server - you can ignore them.)
Old 12-01-2016, 06:22 PM   #28

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robin_M View Post
You could get to the bed, but then you'd have to crawl over it to make it to the back bathroom. However, you'd be passing the mid-coach bathroom on the way, which is totally accessible with all slides in. Alternately, you could just put out the big full wall slide a little bit and walk around the bed.

That said, there is a downside to the 43G floor plan that doesn't exist on any of the other floorplans for this coach. In our old coach, when sleeping overnight in a parking lot, we were quite comfortable with just the full wall slide out. The same would be true of this coach except that our floor plan includes an adjustable king bed that has it's own little power slide, under the bed that extends it. Monaco calls it a "Dream Easy King". There is an interlock on the switch for the bed which does not allow the bed to be fully extended unless the exterior bed slide is first extended. (The reason for the interlock is so that you don't crush the bed between the two fully retracted slides should you forget to incline it first.) Other floor plans without the adjustable bed won't have this. The upside of this floorplan is that you have a huge amount of space in the bedroom with both slides out when the bed is in its inclined position (for reading or watching TV, etc.).

Since there is plenty of room to fully extend the bed with just the full wall slide out, I may figure out an easy way to temporarily bypass this interlook for those few occasions when we want to sleep in a parking lot with limited space. That wouldn't be hard to do, since that bed motor is easily accessible.
Thanks for this info. Thats sort of what I was looking for when asking about getting to the bathroom, and just incase you needed something from the bathroom. It's not uncommon for us to boondock in a rest area so I'm going to look at this as well. I wonder if the American Revolution is the same way? I wish manufacturers would show closed up pictures as well.

Edit: looks like it does, also offers a king air mattress as optional so I wonder if that would solve the boondocking issue.
matthew6279 is offline   Reply With Quote