Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
Reply
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 05-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #1
Member
 
patgreenair's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Panama City, Florida
Posts: 42
Key Fobs

Our 2009 Camelot came with a keypad at the door, but in reading the owner's manual, it sounds like this coach came with wireless key fobs as a standard feature. Can anyone verify that they were "standard" on this model and steer me to somewhere that I can order fobs from? Thanks!!
__________________

__________________
Pat & Peg (and our golden retrievers)
2009 Monaco Camelot 40 QDP
Toad: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overlander
patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2017, 10:41 AM   #2
Senior Member
 
windsorbill's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Palm Desert, CA
Posts: 1,216
At least on mine, I have a TriMark system. The 'brains' of the system are under my cup holder, passenger side. I believe your coach originally came with fobs (probably 2), especially since you have the keyless entry pad outside the door. You can google trimark and research them. Then either get them there or amazon/ebay.


FWIW, I have the fobs but never use them. I just use the keyless pad mounted outside. I do hide a key outside incase I get locked out, but it's never happened yet.
__________________

__________________
Bill & Brigitte
06 Windsor PRQ, Cummins 400 ISL
2014 Honda CRV
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:01 AM   #3
Member
 
patgreenair's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Panama City, Florida
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
At least on mine, I have a TriMark system. The 'brains' of the system are under my cup holder, passenger side. I believe your coach originally came with fobs (probably 2), especially since you have the keyless entry pad outside the door. You can google trimark and research them. Then either get them there or amazon/ebay.


FWIW, I have the fobs but never use them. I just use the keyless pad mounted outside. I do hide a key outside incase I get locked out, but it's never happened yet.
I thought about whether I'd use a fob or not as well, the keypad works well for coming and going. My thoughts were whether it would come in handy for locking everything up from inside the coach when turning in for the night. I sometimes wonder if I should lock the cargo bay doors (which I guess I can only do from the outside keypad). I could just hit a fob from inside, right?
__________________
patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #4
Senior Member
 
Captjake1's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: May 2015
Location: Where I happen to land
Posts: 1,631
Quote:
Originally Posted by patgreenair View Post
I thought about whether I'd use a fob or not as well, the keypad works well for coming and going. My thoughts were whether it would come in handy for locking everything up from inside the coach when turning in for the night. I sometimes wonder if I should lock the cargo bay doors (which I guess I can only do from the outside keypad). I could just hit a fob from inside, right?
That is about all I use my fob for any longer, locking everything while I am inside. Handy sometimes
__________________
John and Debi
2008 Beaver Contessa, 2005 Jeep Grand Cherokee,
28 years retired Fire Captain Tales of the Muttley Crew
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #5
Senior Member
 
windsorbill's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Palm Desert, CA
Posts: 1,216
Absolutely, You could use the fob to lock everything up.. I've just got into the habit of hitting the key pad (holding #1) and it locks all the outside doors. I then just use the dead bolt on the main door. I just feel 'warm and fuzzy' at night with the dead bolt on. I think I've gotten into the habit of not having keys (or fobs) in my pockets.
__________________
Bill & Brigitte
06 Windsor PRQ, Cummins 400 ISL
2014 Honda CRV
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #6
Senior Member
 
vito.a's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Oct 2009
Location: Tucson, AZ
Posts: 1,436
The key fobs are handy at night as they also turn on the interior light. My wife really likes them.

Pat, your 2009 SHOULD use the new style Trimark rolling code fobs. They are available from Trimark. You need to locate the Trimark receiver, red LED, and push button to program them. Did you get the door codes from the previous owner?

Here is a link to my thread on keyfobs/programming. I also have pictures of both the old and new style fobs.

Help with Trimark key fob programming?

Link to Trimark: (you can also order new already cut keys from them as long as you have the code)
TriMark Corporation - Latch, Handle, Linkage, Electronic, Hinge, Vehicle door hardware
__________________
97 Monaco Windsor- Sold
07 Monaco Executive McKinley- Sold
04 Monaco Signature Chateau IV
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #7
Member
 
patgreenair's Avatar
 
Monaco Owners Club
Join Date: Mar 2017
Location: Panama City, Florida
Posts: 42
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
The key fobs are handy at night as they also turn on the interior light. My wife really likes them.

Pat, your 2009 SHOULD use the new style Trimark rolling code fobs. They are available from Trimark. You need to locate the Trimark receiver, red LED, and push button to program them. Did you get the door codes from the previous owner?

Here is a link to my thread on keyfobs/programming. I also have pictures of both the old and new style fobs.

Help with Trimark key fob programming?

Link to Trimark: (you can also order new already cut keys from them as long as you have the code)
TriMark Corporation - Latch, Handle, Linkage, Electronic, Hinge, Vehicle door hardware
Thank you for the links, here's what I know... I do have a code that opens the entry door, and/or the cargo bay doors. Holding down the top bottom for 2 seconds also locks everything. Whether this is the "authority code" that I've read about, I have no idea. I think I saw the Tri-Mark receiver under the inspection opening on the dash itself, but will have to open it back up to verify. On Tri-Mark site, I see several fobs, one that does doors, panic, and a gear symbol. Then a different fob that had 4 buttons, door lock and unlock, and cargo doors lock and unlock. Do you know if I can use either one of these? Thanks so much for your help, I'm really curious about this "authority code" thing!
__________________
Pat & Peg (and our golden retrievers)
2009 Monaco Camelot 40 QDP
Toad: 2006 Jeep Grand Cherokee Overlander
patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:23 PM   #8
Member
 
Barryc737's Avatar
 
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Join Date: Aug 2016
Location: Bonney Lake, WA
Posts: 82
Trimark antenna

My Trimark control box is located in the dash and is easily accessible by opening the hatch above the instrument cluster. I did notice that the antenna wire was a mere 7 inches long. Called Trimark and they said that someone must have cut it because the specs call for it to be 42 inches long. Tacked on the difference and spread it out horizontally under the dash. Now I can use the key FOB from across a parking lot instead of having to be within about 3 feet of the front of the coach.
__________________

__________________
Barry and Della in Bonney Lake, WA
We know just enough to be dangerous!
2009 HR Scepter 42KFQ
Barryc737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Replacement Key Fobs. sheiladuke MH-General Discussions & Problems 1 07-10-2014 05:01 PM
Trimark Key Fobs Rolly Zimmer Monaco Owner's Forum 3 08-28-2013 07:40 AM
What kind of remedies for lost Key fobs? FIRE UP Winnebago Industries Owner's Forum 5 02-09-2013 07:48 AM
Remote Key Fobs jeepsrule Monaco Owner's Forum 3 06-30-2010 06:45 AM
Source for Tri-Mark key fobs? ShapeShifter Monaco Owner's Forum 5 03-14-2010 10:19 AM

» Virginia Campgrounds

Reviews provided by


Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -6. The time now is 07:50 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.