Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-10-2017, 09:12 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Key Fobs

Our 2009 Camelot came with a keypad at the door, but in reading the owner's manual, it sounds like this coach came with wireless key fobs as a standard feature. Can anyone verify that they were "standard" on this model and steer me to somewhere that I can order fobs from? Thanks!!

patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-10-2017, 10:41 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
At least on mine, I have a TriMark system. The 'brains' of the system are under my cup holder, passenger side. I believe your coach originally came with fobs (probably 2), especially since you have the keyless entry pad outside the door. You can google trimark and research them. Then either get them there or amazon/ebay.

FWIW, I have the fobs but never use them. I just use the keyless pad mounted outside. I do hide a key outside incase I get locked out, but it's never happened yet.

windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 11:01 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by windsorbill View Post
At least on mine, I have a TriMark system. The 'brains' of the system are under my cup holder, passenger side. I believe your coach originally came with fobs (probably 2), especially since you have the keyless entry pad outside the door. You can google trimark and research them. Then either get them there or amazon/ebay.

FWIW, I have the fobs but never use them. I just use the keyless pad mounted outside. I do hide a key outside incase I get locked out, but it's never happened yet.
I thought about whether I'd use a fob or not as well, the keypad works well for coming and going. My thoughts were whether it would come in handy for locking everything up from inside the coach when turning in for the night. I sometimes wonder if I should lock the cargo bay doors (which I guess I can only do from the outside keypad). I could just hit a fob from inside, right?
Old 05-10-2017, 11:27 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by patgreenair View Post
I thought about whether I'd use a fob or not as well, the keypad works well for coming and going. My thoughts were whether it would come in handy for locking everything up from inside the coach when turning in for the night. I sometimes wonder if I should lock the cargo bay doors (which I guess I can only do from the outside keypad). I could just hit a fob from inside, right?
That is about all I use my fob for any longer, locking everything while I am inside. Handy sometimes
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:42 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Absolutely, You could use the fob to lock everything up.. I've just got into the habit of hitting the key pad (holding #1) and it locks all the outside doors. I then just use the dead bolt on the main door. I just feel 'warm and fuzzy' at night with the dead bolt on. I think I've gotten into the habit of not having keys (or fobs) in my pockets.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 03:47 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
The key fobs are handy at night as they also turn on the interior light. My wife really likes them.

Pat, your 2009 SHOULD use the new style Trimark rolling code fobs. They are available from Trimark. You need to locate the Trimark receiver, red LED, and push button to program them. Did you get the door codes from the previous owner?

Here is a link to my thread on keyfobs/programming. I also have pictures of both the old and new style fobs.

Help with Trimark key fob programming?

Link to Trimark: (you can also order new already cut keys from them as long as you have the code)
TriMark Corporation - Latch, Handle, Linkage, Electronic, Hinge, Vehicle door hardware
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2017, 05:04 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
The key fobs are handy at night as they also turn on the interior light. My wife really likes them.

Pat, your 2009 SHOULD use the new style Trimark rolling code fobs. They are available from Trimark. You need to locate the Trimark receiver, red LED, and push button to program them. Did you get the door codes from the previous owner?

Here is a link to my thread on keyfobs/programming. I also have pictures of both the old and new style fobs.

Help with Trimark key fob programming?

Link to Trimark: (you can also order new already cut keys from them as long as you have the code)
TriMark Corporation - Latch, Handle, Linkage, Electronic, Hinge, Vehicle door hardware
Thank you for the links, here's what I know... I do have a code that opens the entry door, and/or the cargo bay doors. Holding down the top bottom for 2 seconds also locks everything. Whether this is the "authority code" that I've read about, I have no idea. I think I saw the Tri-Mark receiver under the inspection opening on the dash itself, but will have to open it back up to verify. On Tri-Mark site, I see several fobs, one that does doors, panic, and a gear symbol. Then a different fob that had 4 buttons, door lock and unlock, and cargo doors lock and unlock. Do you know if I can use either one of these? Thanks so much for your help, I'm really curious about this "authority code" thing!
patgreenair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2017, 09:23 PM   #8

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Trimark antenna

My Trimark control box is located in the dash and is easily accessible by opening the hatch above the instrument cluster. I did notice that the antenna wire was a mere 7 inches long. Called Trimark and they said that someone must have cut it because the specs call for it to be 42 inches long. Tacked on the difference and spread it out horizontally under the dash. Now I can use the key FOB from across a parking lot instead of having to be within about 3 feet of the front of the coach.

Barryc737 is offline   Reply With Quote