RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2008, 06:31 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Okay Ladies and Gentlemen,
Ever have your key FOB's not lock/unlock your door? I also found that the door doesn't automatically lock when the engine is turned on. It did for the first two times yesterday but the third time, it didn't. Does this sound like a fuse problem? I noticed that the FOB's light's came on when I tried them.

Did I loose the code to the FOB's/reciever-sender or did I loose the electricity to the reciever-sender?

The tech was too tied up with other phone calls to catch up with me last night. I'll try today.
AKBrick

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2008, 06:31 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Ever have your key FOB's not lock/unlock your door? I also found that the door doesn't automatically lock when the engine is turned on. It did for the first two times yesterday but the third time, it didn't. Does this sound like a fuse problem? I noticed that the FOB's light's came on when I tried them.

Did I loose the code to the FOB's/reciever-sender or did I loose the electricity to the reciever-sender?

The tech was too tied up with other phone calls to catch up with me last night. I'll try today.
AKBrick

Old 01-22-2008, 07:00 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
First thing I would do is to replace the batteries in the key fobs..Your coach is an 07, probably built in 06, but who knows how old the keyfobs are...
SacsTC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:28 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Had the same thing happen to me. The FOB wouldn't open the door so I replaced the battery. Still wouldn't work. Turned out to be a dead chassis battery, charged them up and everything worked. Any chance your chassis bateries are weak or dead?
nutensteve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 07:45 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
Also, you might check the fuse diagram in the front run bay (under driver's seat). I can't remember whether the lock system has a fuse there or not, but it's probably worth a check.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2008, 12:45 PM   #6

If you have the Trimark Keypad/Fobs you can get information from the manufacturer. The web page below provides a phone number. The last time I called they were very helpful.
Trimark

2009 Saturn VUE XE FWD
Phrog Driver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:19 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
AK,

I had this happen to me on my Ford SportTrac once and it turned out to be radio interference from the jack controller on my Lance camper. Make sure there is not some device in the 900Mhz range operating nearby that could be blocking your Key FOB signal.

Bob
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKBrick:

AKBrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 02:54 AM   #8

This may sound weird, but it helped my parents find their car in a parking lot one time...

Hold your key fob under your mouth/chin/throat and open your mouth wide. Point your wide open mouth at your mh and click the button to lock or unlock. This will focus the waves and may help overcome interference if there is any. It will definitely make the signal travel further as that is what helped my parents.
rjf7g is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2008, 06:00 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Hi All,
All great suggestions, even the one with the open mouth routine. Well, I guess my mouth isn't big enough to help the FOB's unlock the MH door, even though my wife may think otherwise.

The Tech seems to think that the reciever isn't getting any electricity to it and told me to look for the fuse in the driverside bay up front. I could only find one fuse that said "Key" and that looked good. I'm going to have to get an ohm meter to find out for sure. I also couldn't find the reciever/sender, but was told it was behind the dash. I'll have to get back there.

I'll probably just take it to Beaudry or someplace. Luckily it's no big deal. At least the old fashioned KEY still works. Nobody has messed with that since B.C.!
Have fun!
AKBrick

Oh yeah, one more thing. We pulled into Yuma yesterday and found some property to rent for a week with 50 amps, water and sewer for only 90 bucks! Cheap is good!!
Old 01-23-2008, 02:27 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
AK,

Mine is behind the center console of the dash and has a red light that will flash. You might try looking for it a night. By the way, mine has an inline fuse at the receiver module that is very easy to jar loose. If yours is like mine it may have come unplugged. The hard part for me was finding the receiver under the dash.

Bob
Old 01-24-2008, 08:14 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Okay, I popped the top off of the dash and found the reciever box hanging loosely and lying on top of a bunch of wires. The inline fuse looks to be good. There is a red button for programming and a light bulb hanging from it. I tried the key fobs while looking at the reciever and nothing happened. I'll have to get an electrical checker light from Home Depot or somewhere and see if I lost power to the box, then I'll call Tri-Mark or Monoco. Thanks again for the information.
AKBrick
Old 01-25-2008, 02:35 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
AK,

Sounds like you have the old version like mine. Our coach only had one FOB when we purchased it so I ordered two more from Tri-Mark. I was never able to get them to program after three calls to techs at Tri-Mark. For some reason my unit will not go into the learn mode. When I asked to order a new unit with pre-programmed FOBs I was told that the old receiver was not available anymore. I was also told they did not have the techs to repair it. I ordered the newer verson but the connector is not the same. I have not gotten around to figuring out the wiring differences so have not installed it yet. I am telling you this because you may want to first try an order the old style from Monaco. They may still have them in stock. If I had known the trouble this change out would be I also would have checked with Monaco.

Bob

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by AKBrick:
Okay, I popped the top off of the dash and found the reciever box hanging loosely and lying on top of a bunch of wires. The inline fuse looks to be good. There is a red button for programming and a light bulb hanging from it. I tried the key fobs while looking at the reciever and nothing happened. I'll have to get an electrical checker light from Home Depot or somewhere and see if I lost power to the box, then I'll call Tri-Mark or Monoco. Thanks again for the information.
AKBrick </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Old 01-25-2008, 05:52 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Yikes nodine,
Thanks for the warning. I'll try to not get myself into a fiasco. I looked at the bundles of wires and just gave them a blessing and closed the lid. I'm getting an electrical checker today just so I have an idea when I talk to Monoco. As far as doing the work, It ain't going to be me!
AKBrick