Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2012, 09:16 AM   #1
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Keyless door entry

I found out something yesterday that might be of interest to someone. First, when I bought my coach it had only one wireless keyfob and I wanted to get another one. I called the manufacturer, Essex Electronics, and the tech guy told me the wireless keyfobs were not available anymore. The coach has a keypad outside beside the door (Essex model KE-1603) but the information on it does not mention any way to unlock or lock the cargo bay doors. Unfortunately the previous owner did not have a key that would fit the cargo doors, so I knew that if my one keyfob bit the dust I couldn't get in the cargo bays. The tech told me that I could dial the master code plus either 3, 7, or 9, depending on which wire Monaco had used, and it would unlock the cargo doors. I tried it and in my case it was "7". Dialing "555" on the keypad locks both the main door and the cargo doors. The instructions didn't mention that "555" would also lock the cargo doors! Anyway, hope this helps someone else!
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2012, 11:08 AM   #2
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Let me clarify something here. The "555" code is a universal LOCK code on all of their systems, at least at that time. It does not unlock anything. To unlock the storage bay doors, you would use the private unlock master code that you have programmed for the main door, then add 3, 7, or 9 at the end of it. Sorry if this was confusing!
Old 03-17-2012, 11:17 AM   #3

Thanks for the tip. It also worked with my coach, an '04 HR Imperial, appending a "7" after using the door entry code. My key fobs work for unlocking all the cargo doors as well.

Another thing that was mentioned on another posting was that if you used "559" as the lock code, the keypad would blink continuously. On some coaches that code activates the alarm system, that is, if you have one installed at the factory. The flashing keypad might be a deterrent to an unsophisticated thief.

To get a replacement key for the cargo doors, I suspect that you could pull off one of the latches and take it to a locksmith, where they could make one to fit. Another possibility would be to ask an owner of a similar Monaco coach to try their key on your lock. I suspect that the possibility of their key fitting your lock is pretty high.

Dick Lucas, '04 HR Imperial
RCLImperial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 11:20 AM   #4
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCLImperial View Post
Thanks for the tip. It also worked with my coach, an '04 HR Imperial, appending a "7" after using the door entry code. My key fobs work for unlocking all the cargo doors as well.

Another thing that was mentioned on another posting was that if you used "559" as the lock code, the keypad would blink continuously. On some coaches that code activates the alarm system, that is, if you have one installed at the factory. The flashing keypad might be a deterrent to an unsophisticated thief.

To get a replacement key for the cargo doors, I suspect that you could pull off one of the latches and take it to a locksmith, where they could make one to fit.

Dick Lucas, '04 HR Imperial
Thanks Dick! Yeah, I remember reading that you could use 555, 557, or 559. Unless you have a security system it really doesn't matter which one you use as far as I can see. That's a good tip on the 559. Only problem is that it only blinks once each 15 seconds. I will use it from now on!
Old 03-17-2012, 06:59 PM   #5

Winnebago Owners Club
Joe, did you try and contact this distributor/dealer that Essex list on their website. They may be able to help you with a wireless key fob or a retrofit that includes the fob. Essex KE-1701 Keypad Vehicle Entry System for RVs/Trucks : Keyless entry locks, keypad combination entry door locks for homes, offices, cars, trucks, RVs, shabbos keys, gates, fences, pools, cabinets, sliding doors, gun lockers, garages, sheds, keyle
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
door