Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-10-2008, 04:08 AM   #1

Tiffin Owners Club
DW and I are starting to seriously shop for a Diplomat. A king sized bed is one of our "must haves" and we really like the 40SFT floorplan. The problem is that the king bed is only shown as an option on the 40PDQ floor plan and no others. Does anyone know if we can specify a king bed on the 40SFT floorplan if we special order our coach?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-10-2008, 04:08 AM   #2

Tiffin Owners Club
DW and I are starting to seriously shop for a Diplomat. A king sized bed is one of our "must haves" and we really like the 40SFT floorplan. The problem is that the king bed is only shown as an option on the 40PDQ floor plan and no others. Does anyone know if we can specify a king bed on the 40SFT floorplan if we special order our coach?
Old 02-10-2008, 08:50 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
I don't think it would fit. But then again, I don't know how they'd put a King size bed in a Dip PDQ either, unless they take out one or both of the night stands. But in the SFT the night stands are only about 6" wide. The SFT is a great floor plan, though, if you can live with a queen bed.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-2008, 09:12 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I had a similar request with a LaPalma a few years ago. Call Monaco and ask to speak with tech support in Elkhart. (That is where it is made.)They will put you in contact with the engineering folks that can answer your question. Good luck with the 08. They are sweet!
Our Time is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-2008, 04:22 AM   #5

Tiffin Owners Club
Great advice on calling the factory. I didn't know that they would take such a call.

On the PDQ they do remove one nightstand when the king bed is installed, no big loss to me. The headboard slides look to be the same dimension in both the PDQ and SFT models, hence my question.
Old 02-12-2008, 07:00 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
We got the king bed with the select comfort (air number)matress in our 2007 PDQ and we love it! Best sleeping I have had in over 20 years of RVing.
Old 02-21-2008, 02:45 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We have a 40' PDQ Diplomat with a king bed. The size of the king bed is 72 x 80. That is smaller than a regular king bed by 6 inches. It also takes special sheets or you have to alter regular king sheets. It still was worth every penny. Our bed is a sleep number which I really like. We have only one small night stand which is about three inches wide and there was nothing on the other side until I had a small corner shelf made by the dealer. It works okay. Has enough room for an alarm clock and my glasses.
Good Luck on your Monaco, at least they have good service and you probably will need it.
gg from Tennessee