Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-28-2015, 10:36 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
'12 Knight, Source Engineering Package

We have a 2012 Monaco Knight 40ft.with a MaxForce 10 . We are looking to replace the shocks also and maybe a ride package from Source Engineering ,any advice or recommendation for our rr8r chassis . We are going to be in Florida and will be looking to get the work done down there, has anyone had this work done down their ? And can recommend !

Knight12 Monaco Knight 40ft. towing Chevy Equinox
KNIGHT12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-29-2015, 06:04 AM   #2

JoSam in Orlando did my trailing arms and my ride enhancement package on my 03 Neptune R4RR chassis. World class operation. Talk to Barry.
captw3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 10:16 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
knight12 Source Engineering Package

CaptW3 Thank you for your reply . We are looking to improve ride and handling , would like to avoid the steering box hassle , our shocks are weak and we rock & roll on corners . If we can improve our Knight we would love it even more !
Old 07-29-2015, 05:44 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Knight12,
Give CrazyKnight a jingle. He is definitely the go to source for info on your Knight.
Roy
Old 07-29-2015, 06:06 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
I do know the source stuff is well made.
I have been happy with anything they have done for us.
TMan59 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 07:43 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I installed Koni shocks om my '12 Knight at 12,000 miles, should have done it sooner...
They made the coach much better to drive as they eliminated the excessive pourposing the original shocks had.
Old 07-30-2015, 08:28 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
knight12 Source Engineering Package

Dennis K If i may ask what made you go with the Koni's and did you do any other upgrades to your coach? Also would like to know if you or anyone else have used any of the shops in Florida ?

Knight12 2012 Monaco Knight W/MaxForce 10
13 Equinox four wheels down
Old 07-30-2015, 07:24 PM   #8

I had the ride enhancement kit installed on my 2007 Cayman last summer. Great improvement! Glenn's Tiress in Melbourne, Fl did the install.
JustCruising is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 07:57 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by KNIGHT12 View Post
Dennis K If i may ask what made you go with the Koni's and did you do any other upgrades to your coach? Also would like to know if you or anyone else have used any of the shops in Florida ?

Knight12 2012 Monaco Knight W/MaxForce 10
13 Equinox four wheels down
I went with the Koni's because I had Bilsteins on my last coach and they rode harsh (not the comfort series), and form comments on this and other forums. After I installed them I attended an FMCA seminar they stated than the Koni's had stiffer valving on rebound than compression while the Bilsteins were the opposite. To me this would make for a smother ride over the small bumps. Both handle the pourposing better than the OEM shocks.
I have also done the TRW steering box swap, rear X bar, and the front Watts link.
Old 07-31-2015, 01:02 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
I also installed the Koni's on my coach and my coach has the same aftermarket RR8 upgrades as DennisK. I was going to install the Bilstein's but had a friend who installed them on his coach first and was not happy. After a little web browsing I was able to get the Koni's for just a little more money.

I am happy with my Koni's. The ride is GREATLY improved over the stock Monroe's which had about 20k miles on them when replaced. Had I known how bad the Monroe's were I would have replaced them sooner.
The greatest improvement to my coach in the handling department,2011 Knight, was the other upgrades.
The TRW steering gear, front Watts Link (rear will be installed soon), and the Vanwill X (cross) bars.
CrazyKnight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2015, 03:08 PM   #11
YC1

The sway bars make a huge difference. I installed the Bilstein shocks that were tuned for this coach. It rides like a dream. I have the ride enhancement valves but the better money would be to replace the steering box if you have a sheppard.

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2015, 07:26 AM   #12

Did you install the 46MM Bilstein shocks or the 60MM?
Source Eng. has been promoting the 60MM for the front.
Zevkel is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
engine