Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-09-2010, 04:52 PM   #1

Entegra Owners Club
Lake Michigan Trip with Pics

Just wanted to share some of the wonders of the upper loop around Lake Michigan.

What not to do in a 30K lb motorhome....park on a nice grass lot for the evening and then have it rain all night. This is the aftermath the next morning. We were all kinds of stuck!

Got tired of roughing it and decided to kick it up a notch in Petoskey, MI. RV resort life is tough....only staying for an overnight. These guys have it made!

Boris trying to drive again.

Free loaner vehicle for the night!!!

Finally, the view out the front window. Done for the night!
coachmanrvr is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-09-2010, 07:58 PM   #2
csp

Monaco Owners Club
Had the same thing happen to me last weekend. Took the jeep to Kentucky for the weekend to play on the hills and in the mud with the Jeep. I know everyone saw how much rain Tennessee and Kentucky received. You guessed it we were also parked in the grass. It is amazing what 35 MPH of wheel speed will do. I think the jeep playing was good practice for getting the coach out. Luckily we did not need a wrecker. Once I got going I did not look back. That is why my jack pads are still in Kentucky. It is too bad the do not offer a four wheel drive Monaco.
Chris
Old 05-10-2010, 03:28 PM   #3

Entegra Owners Club
The wrecker in the picture above can spin all eight rear wheels, but not the front two. That was the second time my RV has been connected to a wrecker. It would be fine with me to never do it again!!!
Old 05-10-2010, 11:44 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Has there ever been a thread "whoes stucker me or you?"
Not me by the way
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	ARIZONA 2009-10 082.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	136.6 KB
ID:	3998  
Stillwater is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:01 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillwater View Post
Has there ever been a thread "whoes stucker me or you?"
Not me by the way

Yikes!

Petoskey, MI. RV resort - i was thinking of taking the family to that resort. would you recommend it? how about for a mom and dad and two teens. 13 and 15 ?

thanks kindly
Pappy2Camp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 06:38 AM   #6

pappy2camp, i believe that coachmanrvr in the last pics was staying at hearthside grove rv resort just a little north east of petoskey. great place but not sure if the kids would like it. there is also a koa on the same rd 31 and a signature rv resort which is located at bay harbor, a couple of miles from petoskey. petoskey is a beautiful area which we try to go to a couple of times a yr. jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 08:08 AM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by beaverjim View Post
pappy2camp, i believe that coachmanrvr in the last pics was staying at hearthside grove rv resort just a little north east of petoskey. great place but not sure if the kids would like it. there is also a koa on the same rd 31 and a signature rv resort which is located at bay harbor, a couple of miles from petoskey. petoskey is a beautiful area which we try to go to a couple of times a yr. jim

i was guessing that was Signature. I have been eyeing this as our potential first "real" outting. Have you been to Signature? then the same question, would the kids like it? Both girls. i know they have shopping in the area..

Thanks Jim
Old 05-11-2010, 09:05 AM   #8

pappy2camp, we have been to the sig.park. very nice but also out of town a bit. so if the girls wanted to walk to shopping it won't work. there is another city park in town i can't remember the name. its alright but a little rustic and most of the sites are a little small. on a scale i would rate hearthside #1 signature #2 koa #3 city park #4 have fun! jim
beaverjim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 11:06 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
I stuck my old Bounder once. It took a bulldozier to get it out. No fun. How's it going Charlie? And when are you going to meet me at Deer Creek Motorcoach Resort? The pads are concrete you know.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2010, 02:14 PM   #10

Entegra Owners Club
We are doing great. Currently on Lake Michigan again. (Stayed up on Lake Superior last night) Headed to my son's graduation from Navy basic this Friday down in Great Lakes, WI.

Deer Creek looks like a great park. We need to get these two UFOs together and finally meet. Throw some dates my way and we'll try and work it out.

Charlie

P.S. If you didn't read my thread about my hydraulic system...keep your system full. I thought my coach was cursed!

Quote:
Originally Posted by -Gramps- View Post
I stuck my old Bounder once. It took a bulldozier to get it out. No fun. How's it going Charlie? And when are you going to meet me at Deer Creek Motorcoach Resort? The pads are concrete you know.
Old 05-11-2010, 02:19 PM   #11

Entegra Owners Club
I think the father of Hearthside Grove resort owner actually owns the KOA as well. The resort has a pool and workout room that is first rate. Our stay was five star and the owners were extremely nice. As far as keeping two teens happy...never worked for me no matter where we stayed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pappy2Camp View Post
Yikes!

Petoskey, MI. RV resort - i was thinking of taking the family to that resort. would you recommend it? how about for a mom and dad and two teens. 13 and 15 ?

thanks kindly
Old 05-12-2010, 05:42 AM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanrvr View Post
As far as keeping two teens happy...never worked for me no matter where we stayed.

Rodger that!

thank you!
Old 05-12-2010, 05:19 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by coachmanrvr View Post
We are doing great. Currently on Lake Michigan again. (Stayed up on Lake Superior last night) Headed to my son's graduation from Navy basic this Friday down in Great Lakes, WI.

Deer Creek looks like a great park. We need to get these two UFOs together and finally meet. Throw some dates my way and we'll try and work it out.

Charlie

P.S. If you didn't read my thread about my hydraulic system...keep your system full. I thought my coach was cursed!
You asked for some dates...Memorial Day (and three days before) July 4th week....also the last weekend in July (my birthday is 8/2) We will be there all those dates. Come any of them that you can and bring your golf clubs.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote