RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-12-2010, 10:34 PM   #29

LVMCR

Had to clairfy one point that appears erroneous. We know several lot owners at Las Vegas Motor Coach Resort that own several lots. They
are in the park pretty much year round. They may take a week or two
jaunt, but the lot is fully theirs for use 365/24.

A beautiful, well kept RV Resort. Not much for the younger set except for
the pools. Always enjoy staying there when in town.

Las Vegas Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-13-2010, 09:36 AM   #30

Las Vegas Motor Coach Resort

The statement you made about your lot must be empty 6 month of the year or in the rental pool is incorrect. As I have stated, we own a lot there. There are many people that live there year round. Labour Day weekend, we drove our old motorhome there, a 37' Gulfstream Sun Voyager and we are leaving it there. This way, we can fly back and forth to enjoy what we work so hard to achieve. Stating the lot must be empty 6 months of the year, must have you thinking of another resort in Las Vegas.

quickone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 09:47 AM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
We own a lot at Las Vegas Motor Coach Resort, and would like to straighten out some misinformation some posted here. We can stay on our lot year round if we want, we dont have to rent it while we are gone, or we can leave our coach parked on our lot for months on end if we so chose. We can let friends use our lot without any charge if we want, and many owners do make their lots available to friends and family.
As for being over priced, tell me where there is another resort like this one? With all of the attractions that Las Vegas has to offer? That is why millions of visitors come to Vegas year round. There will never be a resort like this one, they just are not building them any more. A coach owner looking for a great place to buy a lot this is the place. Simple laws of supply and demand, they are not building resorts like this and certainly the weather, attractions and things to do here in Vegas greatly outnumber any other resort in the USA. Come stay here and see for yourself.
chev is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 10:45 AM   #32

Rambler is right. A friend of mine lives there all year and there are other people who stay more than six months. I worry though that at some point in time they will start trying to enforce the rule. This is not a big issue for me as I would probably not stay more than 6 or 7 months out of the year but it’s something that anyone thinking of buying there should be aware of.

Another clarification that I should add is that there are some people who rent out their spaces and keep the income themselves without going through the office. While the office now asks $1310 for one month the last time I stayed there I rented direct from an owner and I paid $900 per month for 2 months. This has to be done discretely because the office doesn’t like the competition.

Since my earlier post I have learned a little more information about the sales prices and resale listings. A couple of months back the ‘board of directors’ had their 25 or so developer spaces priced at $87,000 and were readily willing to take $75,000 cash if offered. There were also around 75 or 80 resale listings with the onsite broker. Even at these admittedly pretty reasonable prices nothing much was moving.

All of a sudden the resale listings dropped overnight from 80 down to about 25. All the lower asking priced properties were gone but were not showing up as sold. At the same time the developer’s (never sold before) properties were jumped up to $109,950. It turns out that since nothing much was moving the ‘board of directors’ decided it might as well ‘not sell’ at a higher asking price. The problem was that if some owner’s tired of paying $5,000 per year on expenses (plus any payments on a loan if they have one) were willing to sell for $75,000 - $80,000 it would make the developer properties look way overpriced. The solution was to force the broker to refuse any listings asking less than the developers properties. (The broker had to comply because his office is right there on the property.) Hence the mysterious disappearance of two-thirds of the broker’s listings. The additional benefit of this $25,000 price increase (even if phony) would justify them raising the rental prices. Certainly it’s reasonable to charge higher rates for $110K space than a $80K space.

None of this is important to someone just planning to stay a week or a month. You look at the rate on the website and if it’s worth it to you just show up and hand them your credit card. If you want to go to the time and trouble to find a private deal with an owner on the sly you can do that as well.

A couple of last points. I believe everything I’ve posted here is accurate. It comes from a close friend who bought multiple spaces right when this resort first went on the market. He is there most of the year and knows the people on the board and many long time owners. He is happy there but would like more freedom to advertise and rent his extra properties himself. The income from the rental pool is fairly dismal when split 50/50 with the developer especially because they are sitting unused a lot of the time.

Lastly I have nothing at all against the Las Vegas Motorcoach Resort. I agree with the compliments paid here by other posters. It is indeed one of the best looking RV Resorts I have stayed at. For anyone who might be thinking of a purchase there I think this information may help them make a better decision.
ejklein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2010, 11:04 AM   #33

Winnebago Owners Club
It looks like Bill Adams is not far off after all. We pay $25 a night in State Parks in the winter and $15 per night in the summer here in Arizona. I guess we are satisfied with "campgrounds" rather than "resorts". "Expensive" is a relative term, but we couldn't justify spending that kind of money no matter what amenities are offered! Happy travels, Joe
Old 10-14-2010, 11:59 AM   #34

We own three lots at Las Vegas Motor Coach resort. We don't live here full time, but there are a number of our neighbors who do. The 6 month rule is a Nevada law for RV parks that applies to any RV park, however, it's largely ignored. We paid $160,000 for our lots which were basic when we purchased them. Then we invested another $35,000 in improvements. $200,000 lots are really not about windfall profits as many have far more improvements than ours.

The HOA purchased the rental pool and assets from the developer, when Monaco went bankrupt. Once those assets are paid for and the lots sold the HOA will be able to supplement the HOA dues from rental income. That means HOA dues will likely go down dramatically. As of the present time no one is forced to place they lots into the rental pool if they choose not to.

Since we, the HOA, purchased and now own the rental pool it's illegal and unethical for owners to undercut their HOA advertising and renting lots on their own. They also expose the resort to liability as they don't have insurance on their lots. It's stealing from your neighbors. Our HOA will be dealing with this situation.

Everyone knows real estate prices are in the toilet. Any real estate purchase has to be viewed as a long term investment. I believe that lots in our resort are a real bargain and will appreciate substantially in the future. However, if you are truly just as happy at Oasis as you are LVMCR then that is the place you should stay. All I can say is that we would not be full time in our motor home if had not found LVMCR. We love our time in Vegas in this beautiful quiet resort.

If you are in the resort sometime come by and say hello.

Michael & Vicki
Lots 18, 63, 64
vegascouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2010, 12:43 PM   #35

Winnebago Owners Club
As a part time resident of Las Vegas, I take offense to Bill Adams misguided view.

There are about three months when it is hot, too hot for some. But the rest of the time (9 months) it is wonderful here. 1.9 million people live in the Las Vegas basin year round. That says it all. LVMCR is a cut above pretty much any place else.

Kerry
two-niner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 08:42 PM   #36

LAS VEGAS MOTORCOACH RESORT

Daily Rates Increasing $10 a day
Weekly Rates Increasing $54.
Monthly Rates Increasing $106. plus metered electric

And of course tax on top of that.

Lets's see - nice park, great security personnel, but c'mon !

They looked around and noticed that the larger percentage of their
lots are vacant.....so they decide to increase the rates.......hmmmmm.
Wouldn't you think decreasing the rates would fill the park up and
produce more revenue?

Well they won't be getting any blood out of this turnip. I am through.

I am sure many visitors or those that winter over in Vegas will have
second thoughts regarding these higher rates. Just my 2 cents.

Buh-bye
Las Vegas Rambler is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2011, 09:05 PM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Any lot owners at Las Vegas Motor Coach Resort interested in renting their large space for a coach hauling a trailer for a few days this month? I am right around 70 feet long. Are the sights pull-through or back-in?

Thanks. You can PM me with details and daily rental fee.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-04-2011, 10:31 AM   #38

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr4Film View Post
Any lot owners at Las Vegas Motor Coach Resort interested in renting their large space for a coach hauling a trailer for a few days this month? I am right around 70 feet long. Are the sights pull-through or back-in?

Thanks. You can PM me with details and daily rental fee.

Dr4Film ----- Richard
I'm not a lot owner, but all the lots are back in. You must drop your trailer for storage in another part of the park. There are pull throughs across the freeway at the Oasis...Some will handle your length.
Old 01-09-2011, 08:25 AM   #39
csp

Monaco Owners Club
There has been a lot of talk on newer class A. How new is newer. What year will they tell you no? What if you have an older one that is in excellent shape?
Chris
Old 01-10-2011, 04:01 PM   #40

There is no age requirement. When you think about it that makes sense. A 20 year old Newell is still a very nice motor home. I don't think I've ever heard of them turning down someone as long as it was a Class A in decent shape.
vegascouple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2011, 07:07 PM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by vegascouple View Post
We own three lots at Las Vegas Motor Coach resort. We don't live here full time, but there are a number of our neighbors who do. The 6 month rule is a Nevada law for RV parks that applies to any RV park, however, it's largely ignored. We paid $160,000 for our lots which were basic when we purchased them. Then we invested another $35,000 in improvements. $200,000 lots are really not about windfall profits as many have far more improvements than ours.

The HOA purchased the rental pool and assets from the developer, when Monaco went bankrupt. Once those assets are paid for and the lots sold the HOA will be able to supplement the HOA dues from rental income. That means HOA dues will likely go down dramatically. As of the present time no one is forced to place they lots into the rental pool if they choose not to.

Since we, the HOA, purchased and now own the rental pool it's illegal and unethical for owners to undercut their HOA advertising and renting lots on their own. They also expose the resort to liability as they don't have insurance on their lots. It's stealing from your neighbors. Our HOA will be dealing with this situation.

Everyone knows real estate prices are in the toilet. Any real estate purchase has to be viewed as a long term investment. I believe that lots in our resort are a real bargain and will appreciate substantially in the future. However, if you are truly just as happy at Oasis as you are LVMCR then that is the place you should stay. All I can say is that we would not be full time in our motor home if had not found LVMCR. We love our time in Vegas in this beautiful quiet resort.

If you are in the resort sometime come by and say hello.

Michael & Vicki
Lots 18, 63, 64
There is no such law that says you can only live there for 6 months. If you're an owner you should know that the sites are deeded property, classed as condos and governed by NRS Chapter 116. It's not an "RV Park".
Old 02-18-2011, 09:26 AM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Newmar Owners Club
There is an unsubstantiated rumor floating around that the other RV park here in Vegas, Oasis RV Park along I-15 and Blue Diamond has been sold to a group of Korean investors. The rumor is the park is going to be closed and redeveloped into condos.............any one else heard about this?

chev is offline   Reply With Quote