Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-17-2013, 06:14 AM   #1

Latest Knight Problem

Spent the day at the Navistar dealer in Amarillo TX yesterday getting the latest Monaco screw-up fixed. The is a thermostat on the street side of the engine (MaxForce 10 ) in what appears to be the heater hoses and ours started to leak coolant. It is a pain to see let alone get to as they had to remove the air filter and canister to get at it . The clamp that was supposed to be holding this thermostat chafed a hole through the thermostat because it was not holding it in place and it was just hanging loosely in the clamp.The dealer actually had one of them in stock which amazed me, the tech working on our coach and everyone else at the dealership. We left after lunch $ 519.00 poorer and I am going to submit the bill to our extended warranty company ,not knowing how that will turn out as this will be the first time I have submitted a bill to them. anyone having a coach like ours might want to check and see it there may be a problem with their coach as well.....Alan
hpykmpr47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-17-2013, 08:29 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
I have gone under the engine and with tie wraps to secure any hoses, wires and anything else I can find that is not secured. deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-17-2013, 08:48 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Well now you guys have gone and added to my have to do list.
Sorry to hear about your problem Alan, while not a huge one, it is pricy enough and a real pain.
Traps90 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2013, 05:59 AM   #4

Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
I have gone under the engine and with tie wraps to secure any hoses, wires and anything else I can find that is not secured. deSanford
Sounds like a plan to me ...
Old 10-18-2013, 06:08 AM   #5

Pain is right ,I watched it for a couple weeks and thought I could make it home before it got any worse but I could not get to it to see what the problem was and all of a sudden it started to leak real fast . We are just thankful we were in a place that had a Navistar dealer and that they had a part to fix it .at first they told me that they would not work on Motor homes but I told them that Navistar owned Monaco when it was built and it was a Navistar engine and if Navistar dealers didn't work on them where was we supposed to take them . They finally agreed to have a look at it. This is the third Navistar dealer now who has told me that they do not work on Motor homes ....and it is getting old.... Alan
Old 10-18-2013, 01:06 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Alan,

Did you happen to get a picture of the leaky part?
Old 10-18-2013, 02:21 PM   #7

Winnebago Owners Club
I wish you good luck with the extended warranty. Those people normally want to see an estimate prior to authorizing any warranty work. I have my coach covered by Cornerstone and that does not include the chassis. I have been having AC problems and I have made sure that the people that did the work were communicating with the warranty people prior to doing the necessary work.
2007 Jeep Wrangler
codgerbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2013, 06:15 AM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennis_K View Post
Alan,

Did you happen to get a picture of the leaky part?
No I did not but you can google it as the part # is IH 1887417C1 and it is a thermostat....Alan
Old 10-19-2013, 06:24 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by codgerbill View Post
I wish you good luck with the extended warranty. Those people normally want to see an estimate prior to authorizing any warranty work. I have my coach covered by Cornerstone and that does not include the chassis. I have been having AC problems and I have made sure that the people that did the work were communicating with the warranty people prior to doing the necessary work.
Our Warranty is also with CornerStone but it is supposed to cover the complete coach ,including the chassis. I have not had a reason to use it before as we had so many problems with our coach that Monaco extended our factory warranty to 18 months so it just ran out the end of August. I know they like to pre authorize things but we were kind of in a bind and had to have it repaired so hopefully they will take that into consideration ...Alan
Old 10-19-2013, 04:57 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by hpykmpr47 View Post
No I did not but you can google it as the part # is IH 1887417C1 and it is a thermostat....Alan
Thanks Alan, I found a picture and located the part on the MH. Looks like mine is correctly installed.