Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-17-2019, 12:59 PM   #15
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by mlh2013 View Post
It wasn't all that hard of a job. I had to get the panels off in the wet bay which was the hardest part of all, had to cut one of them in half with a saw zaw. Once I was able to get the panels out I could reach all the water connections and disconnect each one, after that it was just a matter of sliding the tank out on the curb side of the coach. After fixing the leaking filler hose, I cleaned up the compartment really good and slid it back in connected the lines all back, filled her with water and checked for leaks. I am pleased to announce I have noneI reinstalled the panels, and the one I cut into I was able to fit it back together, fill it in with some white caulk and it actually don't look that bad. Now I still have to replace my rear AC it is suppose to be delivered on Monday. Maybe after that job we can take a trip and kick back for a while
Thanks. One of my retirement goals is to remove that what plastic panel and replace it with an aluminum or stainless steel panel that can be easily removed and replaced.
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-17-2019, 05:55 PM   #16

Leaking fresh water tank

We had crack in
Tank about half way up.
Put eternabond tape on it and no more leaks. We don’t use the water to drink since I’m not sure if tape would
be drinking water safe.
brabono is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 05:56 PM   #17

2002 Monaco Windsor common problems

Quote:
Well I got the tank out and it is the filler hose leaking where it connects to the top of the tank and not a hole in the tank
I tried to explain that the tank probably did not have to be removed. This was more common than tank leaks. This could have been repaired in 1/3 of the time or less. Please read the rest of my advice that came from my experiences with my 2002 Monaco Windsor. Most all of the problems you are going to encounter I already have and have repaired. I will be at the IRV2 rally in Oct. Hope to see you then.
79cvx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:24 PM   #18

Quote:
It wasn't all that hard of a job. I had to get the panels off in the wet bay which was the hardest part of all, had to cut one of them in half with a saw zaw. Once I was able to get the panels out I could reach all the water connections and disconnect each one, after that it was just a matter of sliding the tank out on the curb side of the coach. After fixing the leaking filler hose, I cleaned up the compartment really good and slid it back in connected the lines all back, filled her with water and checked for leaks. I am pleased to announce I have noneI reinstalled the panels, and the one I cut into I was able to fit it back together, fill it in with some white caulk and it actually don't look that bad. Now I still have to replace my rear AC it is suppose to be delivered on Monday. Maybe after that job we can take a trip and kick back for a while
I tried to help several people on this site but no more. After going through everything that you did and found that it was a hose that could be replaced in 20 minutes. You, the "new owner" seems to always know better and wants to do it the harder and more expensive way. Wait till you get the following problems: the $650 microwave, $4000 refrigerator that I replaced with a larger residential unit for $1100, $650 water heater, $3000 inverter that a water leak knocked out, $2000 drag link was loose and only available from Monaco that I repaired for $75, the front AC that I thought needed to be replaced that turned out to be just a weak $28 breaker. Sorry I was ignored. Good luck.
79cvx20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 06:42 PM   #19

mlh2013, how long would it have taken to replace filler hose without pulling tank, I replaced my gravity feed hose last year and it took approx. 30 minutes, was yours accessible without pulling tank.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:04 PM   #20

Quote:
Originally Posted by 79cvx20 View Post
I tried to help several people on this site but no more. After going through everything that you did and found that it was a hose that could be replaced in 20 minutes. You, the "new owner" seems to always know better and wants to do it the harder and more expensive way. Wait till you get the following problems: the $650 microwave, $4000 refrigerator that I replaced with a larger residential unit for $1100, $650 water heater, $3000 inverter that a water leak knocked out, $2000 drag link was loose and only available from Monaco that I repaired for $75, the front AC that I thought needed to be replaced that turned out to be just a weak $28 breaker. Sorry I was ignored. Good luck.
Sorry If you think I ignored your post, but I read it . I needed to take my tank out and thoroughly inspect the tank and clean up the water bay, My microwave was replaced by previous owner. My Norcold was replaced by myself last year not because it was not working, because I new it was a future problem waiting to happen. Thanks
mlh2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-17-2019, 07:08 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by barmcd View Post
Thanks. One of my retirement goals is to remove that what plastic panel and replace it with an aluminum or stainless steel panel that can be easily removed and replaced.
Now that's a good idea Dennis
Old 02-17-2019, 07:20 PM   #22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Outbound View Post
mlh2013, how long would it have taken to replace filler hose without pulling tank, I replaced my gravity feed hose last year and it took approx. 30 minutes, was yours accessible without pulling tank.
It could be accessed without pulling the tank, although very tight spot to get to. Really removing the tank was not that hard, and I had so much water in that bay it needed to be dried up anyway. I used shop vac to get up about a full inch of water, as I posted earlier hardest part was removing the white panels.
Old 02-18-2019, 08:20 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by 79cvx20 View Post

Please don’t give up helping. This is a community.

Tags
fresh water, leak, tank, water