Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-24-2014, 09:30 AM   #1

Led light bulbs

Looking for a competitive priced or wholesale supplier for to purchase led bulbs to replace the small bulbs in the small round fixtures throughout the ceiling in my 2004 Dynasty. I need about three dozen to replace all. They are small bulbs with two wire connections that plug in to the socket. Hope this is significant description for the bulbs.

Any help will be appreciated.

PAPA "J"
2004 Dynasty Chancellor 40'
PAPA J is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-24-2014, 09:53 AM   #2

I bought a set of ten 194/921 bulbs from China, for $7.00 including shipping. What I received were ten bulbs about as bright as the 194, which is not very bright. Oh well $7.00, live and learn.
Tom3205 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 10:26 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
we purchased 921 leds on Amazon...10 bulbs for under $30...shipping included...replaced every halogen in our ACE 2013 29.2....
Old 04-24-2014, 10:35 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I purchased 40 of these off of eBay10x 12V G4 12 LED Cool White 5050 SMD Light Home Car Cabinet RV Boat Bulb Lamp | eBay They are a nice bright lite and you can see things much better. The only problem I had was the terminals only plug in one way to light the light. What I mean is they would work but the bulb would be facing up in the fixture on about half of my 36 lights I replaced. Not a big problem, dropped the whole fixture down and cut and reversed the positive and negative and then you could install the bulb facing down. Well worth the effort and the lighting is exceptional. Also if you take dykes and snip about 1/4" off the electrical connectors of the new bulbs they fit in the existing fixture really easy.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:36 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by lenkerb View Post
we purchased 921 leds on Amazon...10 bulbs for under $30...shipping included...replaced every halogen in our ACE 2013 29.2....

This looks like what I am looking for. Does the new LED 921 lights put out as much or more light than the original? At my age, I need all of the light I can get which would exclude the 194's. I just don't like the heat of the original bulbs or the power consumption. Thanks for the reply's.

PAPA "J"
2004 Dynasty Chancellor 40' FT.
Old 04-24-2014, 10:43 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randyman1 View Post
I purchased 40 of these off of eBay10x 12V G4 12 LED Cool White 5050 SMD Light Home Car Cabinet RV Boat Bulb Lamp | eBay They are a nice bright lite and you can see things much better. The only problem I had was the terminals only plug in one way to light the light. What I mean is they would work but the bulb would be facing up in the fixture on about half of my 36 lights I replaced. Not a big problem, dropped the whole fixture down and cut and reversed the positive and negative and then you could install the bulb facing down. Well worth the effort and the lighting is exceptional. Also if you take dykes and snip about 1/4" off the electrical connectors of the new bulbs they fit in the existing fixture really easy.

RANDYMAN: Thanks for this information. Will certainly check on this

PAPA "J"
2004 Dynasty Chancellor 40'
Old 04-24-2014, 11:11 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Papa J I couldn't agree more about being able to see. We couldn't believe the difference that these lights make. And no more frying hot lenses and huge battery draws. Now I want to change the puck lights under the cabinets, but so far am not smart enough to know how to get the bulb out of those. Randy
Old 04-24-2014, 11:24 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I really like M4 Products LED lights (M4Products.com). The lights are very well made, handle a wide range of voltages (important, as cheaper ones don't), and have a good selection of types, colors, temperatures, etc.

Ron
RonaldNC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 11:29 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
I hardily second the M4 recomendation.

M4 Products

Dr4Film ----- Richard
Dr4Film is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 12:03 PM   #10

Papa J

Check out this link.

HowToRVgeeks :: How-To Videos From Full-time RVers

Scroll down the page. There are two short video on LED conversion. The videos discuss brightness/color/etc. Very informative, the maker of the video also recommends M4 LEDs and has a discount code you can use when you order from them.

Good Luck
cmgoeke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-24-2014, 02:34 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Thor Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by PAPA J View Post
This looks like what I am looking for. Does the new LED 921 lights put out as much or more light than the original? At my age, I need all of the light I can get which would exclude the 194's. I just don't like the heat of the original bulbs or the power consumption. Thanks for the reply's.

PAPA "J"
2004 Dynasty Chancellor 40' FT.
the difference in light is unbelievable!...in fact sometimes in the day we foget to turn them off, they are just as bright as daylight!
Old 04-26-2014, 08:59 AM   #12

Bought mine on Amazon, the first were "G4 Base 12V LED Light Bulb Replacement - Warm White Color - Disc Type Side Pin 10 Watt Halogen Replacement", turned out if you dim them they flicker. Note that they REPLACE a 10w halogen, they draw a fraction of a Watt.

The second batch I bought were cheaper, "10 G4 Warm White 12 LED 5050 SMD Spot Light Lamp Bulb Energy Saving 12V" and they dim properly. I'll move some of the first ones from over the table (where a bit of dimming would be nice) to another location and replace them with dimmable ones.

The second batch came in at about a dollar a piece. You need some wire cutters to install them all because the wire leads are a little too long to work in the fixtures in the coach.
distaff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 06:50 PM   #13

The lenses twist off the same as the overhead fixtures. You might have to pull the fixture down to be able to hold the base while you turn the lens

Terry
terryflt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-27-2014, 09:05 PM   #14

A Big "THANK YOU"

I would like to say "THANKS" for all of the responses I received on this post. I have LED lamps ordered and I will make a post after I make the change over. This may be a while as we hope to be back on the road soon.

This is truly a good site for information.

PAPA "J"
2004 Dynasty Chancellor
1965 Corvair Sport Sedan toad (on trailer)