RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-13-2019, 02:52 PM   #1

LED lights

Iím planning on changing the halogen overhead puck light bulbs to LEDís. thanks What are the best suggestions to replace them with? Itís in a 2004 Monaco dynasty. I have searched a lot of different kinds with a big difference in prices. Thanks in advance

Henjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-13-2019, 05:18 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Henjan View Post
Iím planning on changing the halogen overhead puck light bulbs to LEDís. thanks What are the best suggestions to replace them with? Itís in a 2004 Monaco dynasty. I have searched a lot of different kinds with a big difference in prices. Thanks in advance
I've got a big box full of nice LED pucks I'll sell cheap if anybody wants them.
My original plan was to replace the halogen pucks with plastic domed LED assemblies, like you see in new rigs.
But I installed a few and decided I liked the original halogen pucks better, so I bought 2-pin LED lamps to go inside the original housings. I got mine from M4, P/N G4-6-5630-SIDE-WW I believe. Replaced all halogens about 2-yr ago and have been very happy with them.
Cheers,
Walter

Old 11-13-2019, 06:32 PM   #3

Unless you don't like the design of the fixtures you have I would just replace bulbs with LED bulbs like we did. Much better and brighter light. I used and have in the past used Superbrightleds.com. Good service and price but many members talk about M4.
gmc70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:21 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I used these and have been very happy with the,.

Reelco 6-Pack Mini G8 T4 Base Bi-pin LED 3Watt Dimmable LED Light Bulb AC 110V-120V Warm white 2700K-3000K Equivalent 20W-25W Halogen Bulb https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01IDMR59U..._lGmZDb7NZ3PMW

Paul
pwhittle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2019, 09:28 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
I bought an assortment of a few bulbs off ebay until I found what I wanted and then ordered a large quantity, I had nearly 40 of them to change. They were way less expensive then most of the commercial sources and are dimiable and have worked well for us. Also ordered some of the 2 contact plastic spade ones for the bathroom vanith and dining area light. They also work well. Good luck with your shopping. Hope this may help, Happy trails Bert
Old 11-14-2019, 12:30 AM   #6

Led lights

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01MY6U83G...p_mob_ap_share
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 03:38 AM   #7

Newmar Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
WAMCNEIL

I sent you a PM about the led lights youíd like to sell.

"the Oilfield PAID me to retire, so I did" :-)
JNSNWT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2019, 07:54 AM   #8

Check the rated voltage on what you purchase. Some are rated in the mid-teens for DC voltage, and some are rated in the high 20's. Go for the latter, if you can. We had unacceptably high failure rates in the lower voltage lamps, but the higher rated ones have been flawless.

Also, play with the "temperature" ratings. I'm a little color challenged, and I like the warmer look of the 3000ļ lamps better, whereas my wife like the 4000ļ and up, better. It's all in what you like.

Finally, do make sure they are dimmable, if you have the multiplex system in your coach.

Voltage rating / temperature range / dimmable

You'll probably love them! Also, no change in the fixtures, for us. Just the "bulbs".
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2019, 10:07 AM   #9

Thanks everyone for the help. Definitely gives me a better idea whatís best.
Henjan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2019, 12:38 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via ICQ to Ivylog
My 04 Dynasty only has cheap EBay/China G4-5050-12SDM now for less than $1. 8 years ago they were $2 and in those 8 years maybe 4 (out of 40) have failed in half time use. I’ve found the 5050 size chips run cooler and I like the 4000 temp that I’ve put in my 08 Navigator...again EBay/China although Amazon now has good prices if you want them sooner.

Tags
light, lights, led