Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2016, 05:04 AM   #15

You might try googling "SuperbrightLed.com". I have ordered some replacement tail lights from them. Good Luck!!
wolfcreek is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2016, 05:39 AM   #16

These are what I put on my 5th. wheel and they work perfect. Much better and brighter than original equipment.

Go to Amazon and search for these:
LED RV Camper Trailer Stop Turn Brake Tail Lights / License Light / Black Base

FredWH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2016, 09:33 PM   #17

You don't have to go to Iowa for Iowa-80 Chrome store. Just search for Iowa-80.com. They have a full catalogue on-line.
Old 04-07-2016, 07:50 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by onechaddude View Post
Cool. Thanks Stan for the promo code. I've been looking at m4 led lights for a short while and about ready to order them. That will save a few bucks and every little bit helps. I've read good reviews about them and haven't really seen any bad. Have you been happy with what you purchased? Thanks again.

Chad

Chad: Am very pleased with mine. Tricky part is whether to buy "warm light", "natural light" or other shade of light. M4 will allow me out to return bulbs if you only open one package to test first. See website for video on how to select a shade of light.
Stan&Jacquie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2016, 08:18 PM   #19

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan&Jacquie View Post
Chad: Am very pleased with mine. Tricky part is whether to buy "warm light", "natural light" or other shade of light. M4 will allow me out to return bulbs if you only open one package to test first. See website for video on how to select a shade of light.
Thanks Stan & Jacquie, that's good to know about the color of the bulbs. I still haven't ordered them yet. I've had so much going on with the coach and with work I've been covered up. Would like to go ahead and get them soon. Which color did you use? I was thinking about the 4500k, I think natural white.

Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:39 AM   #20

Bulb Color Temperatures

Chad-

I use "warm white," generally 2600 to 3000K, for house lights. That is the temperature (color) range used by "traditional" incandescent lights. This preference could reflect the fact I'm ahem, "mature." I use daylight tubes in my shop lights, though.

If you go to one of the big-box home-improvement stores they will usually have a display of lit LED bulbs in the color ranges. Here's a chart from one store's Web pages.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	BulbColorTempChart.jpg
Views:	105
Size:	43.1 KB
ID:	123486  
l1v3fr33ord1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2016, 07:20 PM   #21

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Canter View Post
I tried several different design of LED bulbs in my rear lights and was disappointed in the results and found the original bulbs brighter. The other problem was the LED turn signal bulbs didn't draw enough current to make the flasher work correctly. The reason the LED lights didn't look bright was that the bulbs went straight in to the lens and the LEDs replacement bulbs where designed to be brighter from a side view

Mike want to buy 8 more led's cheap? ( JK)

I just went thu the same B.S. and re-installed the original bulbs. I wish I could find the complete unit in a bright led. It doesn't look like any one makes them.
Old 04-09-2016, 05:36 AM   #22

I looked at this for a while too. Even took some LED lamps out of a highway bus in my salvage yard for a mock up. Went back to the incandescent as they just look better.
Old 04-09-2016, 07:03 PM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
How about this place:

Store | Veurinks RV | Grand Rapids Michigan
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 07:50 PM   #24

I have a brand new set of LED taillight assembly's for sale if interested. Will sell for $125 for the pr plus shipping. Changed my mind and didn't use. Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByiRV2 - RV Forum1460252950.692422.jpg
Views:	96
Size:	282.2 KB
ID:	123631 they are chrome.

2008 Holiday Rambler PDQ Ambassador 360 ISC
2015 Jeep Rubicon
Blue Ox tow Patriot brake
cdinatl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2016, 09:58 PM   #25

Mine are the 47-84-009

Bargman - Taillight - LED
spyderRV is offline   Reply With Quote