Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-05-2011, 04:17 PM   #1

Smile Level ride 03 Windsor

Recently I had new shocks installed on my Windsor and notice that the coach was not setting level. I instructed the service center to adjust the ride height and when I picked it up a day later they told me that they made slight adjustment but could go no further. The drivers side front is low so they adjusted the curbside rear. Is there something yet that can be done to correct this?
Bentley is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-05-2011, 09:10 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
According to my manual they would have to lower the curbside rear to raise the front drivers side. Not sure why they could only go so far and the manual does not say anything else other than that method of adjusting the ride height. I have been trying to find the right measurements and measure points as there seems to be some conflicting info as to the correct figures and points of measurements. My manual says that the front is 9.5in and the rear is 11 in measured between the air bag mounting plates. Are these the figures your shop used and the same point of measurement? Other sources have said to use my figures but with measuring from the frame down to the top of the H frame. Just trying to figure out which is right.

CHEERS
Old 12-05-2011, 09:44 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Humm,

That's a trick question! Did they lower the RR (Rigth Rear or Curb rear) because it was too low or because they could not adjust the FL ( Front Left) higher? Height adjustment is really tricky and will affect the handling, suspension travel, weight distribution and could twist the frame.

So, If they lower the RR because you can't raise the FL, you are actually increasing the weight on the FR and RL tires. The results will be a weird drive or more! In theory, height adjustment should be done on scales (That's how we corner balance race cars.)...but I understand it might be hard to do on a MH.

Anyway, I would contact Monaco and ask them the exact procedure to adjust the ride height and find a place who can follow it properly. I called them and they supplied me with the proper information on a RR4R chassis, which is easier (Having only 4 airbags) than yours.

Good luck.
Dynasty_09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2011, 09:59 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I did contact Monaco and they may have been a help to your newer 09 but as far as the older models the tech I talked to wasnt that sure as to the correct measurements or the proper place to measure and he said that he wouldnt put a lot of faith in what my manual said. Not meaning to hijack your thread Bentley but I think we are both after the same info to a degree.

CHEERS
Old 12-06-2011, 08:11 AM   #5

Wow, around and around we go. Thanks to everyone for your response.
Old 12-06-2011, 08:13 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
According to a chart on the Monacoers Yahoo Group site the ride heights for a 2003 Windsor are 9.5 front 11 rear.
itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-06-2011, 08:17 AM   #7

itdave right on.

That's what my dealer did. He put it back into specs and it still is about an 1" low at the front drivers side.
Old 12-06-2011, 06:03 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ok so we have a measurement that matches now where did they take that measurement? Air bag plates or frame to frame that is the question?

CHEERS
Old 12-06-2011, 08:55 PM   #9

Outdoors RV Owners Club
There's two ride height valves at the back axle, one just inside each rear wheel. These rear ride height valves can be adjusted independently to set the ride height at each rear wheel.

There's one ride height valve at the front axle, right in the middle of the axle. This front ride height valve can be adjusted to set the ride height at the front axle.

If the rear ride height valves are correctly adjusted to give the correct ride height at each rear wheel, and the front of the coach is still low on a corner, that might suggest there's a twist in the frame, or something wrong with a front airbag.

To check the ride height, it's good to make sure you're on a level surface, and you have not turned the coach into its parking spot. It's good to be able to drive it straight forward to the parking spot. The air pressure should be right up to make sure the problem isn't one air bag leaking.

I'm not an expert, but I believe the air ride measurement is taken between the frames.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2011, 05:32 AM   #10

Country Coach Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by DC Cruiser View Post
Ok so we have a measurement that matches now where did they take that measurement? Air bag plates or frame to frame that is the question?

CHEERS
Here's a couple of posts showing Monaco's recommended measurement technique. Remember to use your coach's actual specs.

Ride Height Adjustment

Ride Height Adjustment 2 Dot Oh

FWIW
Dave & Cathy, 2002 Country Coach Affinity, 42', #6103, CAT C12, Sold - Retired From RV'ing, Linux Mint
CoCoDave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 08:40 AM   #11

Ride Height Sensors

A big thanks to all. Now I will schedule a visit to the dealer well equipped with information that can handle any conversation that he may throw at me.
Bentley
Old 12-08-2011, 02:01 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bentley View Post
Recently I had new shocks installed on my Windsor and notice that the coach was not setting level. I instructed the service center to adjust the ride height and when I picked it up a day later they told me that they made slight adjustment but could go no further. The drivers side front is low so they adjusted the curbside rear. Is there something yet that can be done to correct this?
Bentley it sounds like you have a early 2000 Windsor if so have them to use the old method for the ride height, if I try to use the air bag method on our 2000 Dynasty I'm not sure I could get the measurements on the rear air bags and if so it would be setting awful high.
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-2011, 09:29 PM   #13

Outdoors RV Owners Club
I agree with Walt. I found if I tried to set the ride height using the measurement at the air bag that my coach was much too high. When I set the ride height using the measurement between the frames, the ride height was good. I like measuring between the frames, it's easy to check any time with a tape measure to make sure that the ride height is staying where it should.
Papa_Jim is offline   Reply With Quote