Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-28-2009, 08:57 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
leveler control panel turning on by Itself

On two occasions recently , while traveling down the road my control panel to the leveling system turned on and started beeping by its self.
Does any one have any idea what this is?
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-28-2009, 09:05 AM   #2

Your problem is that the low level sensor triggered the beeping and the flashing....either you are a bit low on fluid or the sensor is a bit too sensitive. Most likely the power gear system...
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:06 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Low fluid / jacks down warning.

The pump reservoir has a low fluid sensor so chances are the fluid is low or you went around a corner or up or down a hill causing the sensor to think the fluid is low.

I doubt it's the jacks coming down, but you need to verify that.
Nonno is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 10:25 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for the info. I called the Monaco dealer & the Holiday Rambler dealer one said add transmission fluid and one said add hydraulic fluid Isthere anything else That I need to know about checking and adding the correct fluid?
Old 12-28-2009, 11:04 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
thmdamit

Not sure what system you have but the hydraulic fluid level in the supply tank did a couple of things in the 2007 Endeavor we had. First the level is how the system determines that the jacks are up; it senses fluid level and if it is not high enough it thinks the jacks are still down and will not clear that light on the control panel or the alarm. Second I also believe there is a low level alarm that will also sound. We had problems when the level was low but not low enough to sound the alarm that the system would signal that the jacks were down occasionally when driving. We also saw that in cold weather, when the oil is more dense, the jacks down light would not clear. In all cases adding a small amount of hydraulic fluid fixed the problem. I think the fluid is transmission fluid but don't have the manual to check now. Your manual should say what fluid to use. Hope it helps.

Lew
Old 12-28-2009, 11:46 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
I have the same problem... Where is the reservoir usually located?
Old 12-28-2009, 11:51 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
namwob

What coach do you have? On our 2007 Endeavor it was in the roadside compartment just behind the rear wheels. It took a barrel key to open on this unit. If you have an owner manual it should show the location on your coach. I only know the location on Endeavors and Diplomats of 2007 through about 2009.

Lew
Old 12-28-2009, 12:01 PM   #8

How timely. I just came in here to post a question about my 3 point power gear system. First, a few answers to the questions posted. Use ATF Fluid like Dextron III. The resevoir is usually located inside where your AC condenser is. At least it is on my 07 Diplomat. Low fluid will cause the problem you are having. Now for my question. Mine is leaking a fairly steady drip between the resevour and the manifold assy. I tried calling power gear and only get a recording that they only sell parts to dealers and no option to try to talk to them for tech assistance. No email address for it either that I can find.

Has anyone else had a similar leak and what did it take to fix it?

Thanks for any help/info.
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 12:18 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
arby

There is a lengthy thread on the forum concerning supporting the tank for this system. If your tank is unsupported and hanging from the pump assembly it bounces around when you drive and has probably cracked at the tank/pump interface. I don't know how to post a link to the thread but you can search for it or maybe someone else can post the link. Sounds like you have a problem that has been experienced by others.

Lew
Old 12-28-2009, 03:22 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Arby,

Take at look at this thread:
http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/powe...ort-53502.html

Bob

Quote:
Originally Posted by arby View Post
How timely. I just came in here to post a question about my 3 point power gear system. First, a few answers to the questions posted. Use ATF Fluid like Dextron III. The resevoir is usually located inside where your AC condenser is. At least it is on my 07 Diplomat. Low fluid will cause the problem you are having. Now for my question. Mine is leaking a fairly steady drip between the resevour and the manifold assy. I tried calling power gear and only get a recording that they only sell parts to dealers and no option to try to talk to them for tech assistance. No email address for it either that I can find.

Has anyone else had a similar leak and what did it take to fix it?

Thanks for any help/info.
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 05:44 PM   #11

Thanks LewF and nodine for your help. At this point I am pretty sure this may be my problem. Does anyone know if the tank can be removed without taking the whole assembly out? Is there some kind of seal or O ring I will need to get. Can the tank be welded if it is cracked? I saw where someone had some luck with JB Weld. First I have to get some "gunk" or something and get this greasy mess cleaned up so I can see better. I hope it warms up a bit in Yuma before I tackle this.
arby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2009, 09:17 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
arby,

If your unit is less than 2yrs old it's still under warranty by Power Gear. If not and you have an extended warranty, that should cover it. Power gear is aware of this problem and has a "fix" (i.e. support for the tank)

Like the recording said, they only work through dealers. According to their website dealers doesn't mean an authorized dealer network, it just means an RV dealer of your choice. Here is the link Power Gear

Hopefully they have improved their operation because if they operate the same as they did last summer, be prepared to wait for a replacement pump reservoir. My dealer had a difficult time contacting them and getting the item shipped.
Old 12-29-2009, 10:09 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
My resevor was about 1/2 quart low It was an easy fix. We will see if this helps next week when we take the motorhome for a spin. Thanks again to all for the info Tommy
Old 12-29-2009, 10:48 AM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
thmdamit,

Hopefully that fixes it.

Not sure if you have the same setup as those of us that have had a problem but since you're already there verify the system is supported. The link in post #10 should have some pictures if you need ideas.