Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 06-05-2013, 06:47 AM   #1

Cool Leveling Jacks will not retract '03 Monaco

My friend has a 2003 Monaco 37 Class A. He has not been able to retract his Leveling Jacks. It seems to me the power is not getting to the hydraulic pump. I'm thinking the relay is defective possibly. Where is the pump, and also the relay? I'm hoping to be able to help solve this problem with your help.
Thanks

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 06-05-2013, 07:28 AM   #2

If he needs to travel He can loosen the fittings on the jacks one at a time, and manually lift the jack then tighten the fitting back. He will need to top off tank after bleeding. Hope this helps. I do not know the location of the pump or relay.

Old 06-05-2013, 07:34 AM   #3

What is brand name of the jacks?

There is a breaker on my Big Foot jacks that sometimes needs to reset.
Old 06-06-2013, 06:11 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckycheese View Post
My friend has a 2003 Monaco 37 Class A. He has not been able to retract his Leveling Jacks. It seems to me the power is not getting to the hydraulic pump. I'm thinking the relay is defective possibly. Where is the pump, and also the relay? I'm hoping to be able to help solve this problem with your help.
Thanks
The jack sys should be RVA jacks and there is a T handle for each of the three jacks at the pump just open the T and bread the pressure off the springs should retract the jacks if not bent. Also tell him to google RVA they have a good trouble shooting page.
2014 Chevy Spark
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2013, 06:28 AM   #5

Quote:
Originally Posted by trackman View Post
If he needs to travel He can loosen the fittings on the jacks one at a time, and manually lift the jack then tighten the fitting back. He will need to top off tank after bleeding. Hope this helps. I do not know the location of the pump or relay.
Thank you
Old 06-06-2013, 01:30 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
On mine the key has to be in the acc or run position for the jacks to retract. Does the control panel for the jacks light up?
Old 06-07-2013, 06:02 AM   #7

OK, thanks I will try what you recommend. I will work on it on Sat.
Old 06-07-2013, 06:03 AM   #8

I'm not sure of the brand yet, will work on them on Sat. Thanks.
Old 06-20-2013, 12:32 AM   #9

Power Gear will not retract.
Hi Folks,
I'm back. The system is a 2001-Power Gear. Apparently the system is "obseleted" due to electric problems. They have reversed the system from constant 12V to the solenoids to constant ground.....er duh. Sometimes they get it right but it will cost x2 to implement the fix.
See: "Replacement Instructions Obsolete Manual Leveling" # 3010001287

You can save a bit getting the parts directly from EBay, just Google search the "500457 control box"

I guess I will first try to service the existing "control Box #500457 to see if it is "good" first then consider possibility of getting the New 1010001131 touch pad and harness'

I will check that first to see if I can save the owner a bit of "coin"

I'll send you an update as I progress through this.......later friends. Thanks.
-the Canuk-
Old 06-20-2013, 12:59 AM   #10

FYI
Power Gear will not retract.
Hi Folks,
I'm NEW to your site. The leveling system (-Power Gear-)is on a 2001 Monaco Class A. I've researched extensively, Power Gear makes it hard to find info on this "old problem equip". Apparently, the system is "obseleted" due to electronic "bad original design" problems. They NOW have reversed the system from constant 12V to the solenoids to constant ground.....er duh! Sometimes they get it right but it will cost x2 to implement the fix. No choice eH.
See: "Replacement Instructions Obsolete Manual Leveling" # 3010001287

You can save a bit getting the parts directly from EBay, just Google / Bing search the "500457 control box"

I guess I will first try to service the existing "control Box #500457 to see if it is "good" first then consider the possibility of getting the New 1010001131 touch pad and harness as well'

I will check that first to see if I can save my neighbor a bit of "coin"

I'll send you an update (and pix) as I progress through this.......later friends. Thanks eH? My recommendation, with this ......replace or sustain the pain. You know where and when stuff breaks down?
-the Canuk-
Old 06-20-2013, 07:39 PM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckycheese View Post
Thanks
You do realize that the pump only runs to extend the jacks, don't you?
Les Stallings is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-22-2013, 01:48 PM   #12

although my jacks are hwh I had problem this week retracting and I did every thing I could think of ..then I check the elec cables at the solenoid box and and one was very loose.and hot...tightened and work like new....jeff { and sorry if in wrong place}
Old 08-23-2013, 10:45 AM   #13

2003 Monaco Beaver Montery. The right rear jack did not retract, even after releasing T-handles etc. (had full fluid) With pressure removed, couldn't get jack up, even with using a sissors jack underneath. (Work done by RV mechanic called by Coach Net. So now I have a jack, in a plastic bag in the basement. Do you have those rebuilt or try to find a "new" one. It is a RVA Jii 22.5A Jii Thanks for any help. Rick Smith
Old 08-24-2013, 03:14 PM   #14

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to saduncan1
Jacks wont retract

I had the same issue, I got mine to retract by using the manual switch for the jack that wouldn't retract and using the air dump on the air bags. I kept putting blocks of wood under the bad jack till it was completely retracted. I had to rise and lower the air bags several times to get it done. I had a bent ram!!! I was able to continue on my trip till I found a shop to repair the jack back home.

Tags
jacks, leveling, monaco