Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-22-2013, 08:14 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Lightfittings by Liteco

Yesterday I replaced the G4 halogen bulbs with LED's. Looks good.

During this process it became clear that the plastic part that holds the lightfitting glass in place has gone brittle, and I managed to break a couple. I previously have broke a couple of the frosted glas covering the bulb, so I am now looking for spare parts.

The lights are made by Liteco and carries a part number 82218. My Google search unfortunately cam up empty as far as the actual lightfitting is concerned.

Have anyone of you found a place to get these?

danes-on-tour is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-22-2013, 08:58 AM   #2
rex

Monaco Owners Club
Try here:

OPTRONICS, INC.

LITECO Products - AP Products

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 03:58 PM   #3
Retired Senior Member

Which LED replacement bulb did you chose and where did you source it? The halogen G4's really produce a lot of heat for such a small bulb...
RonNBama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-22-2013, 05:10 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNBama View Post
Which LED replacement bulb did you chose and where did you source it? The halogen G4's really produce a lot of heat for such a small bulb...
I'm at Quartzsite at the moment and I got some LED "bulbs" from outside the big tent. $10 a piece. They don't get hot more than I can touch them at all times.

Old 01-22-2013, 06:09 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RonNBama View Post
Ron,

These are the ones we used and the source:
LEDwholesalers Disc Type G4 Base Side Pin 10 SMD LED, 10 Watt Holagen 140 Lumen Bulb Replacemnt For RV Camper Trailer Boat Marine Warm White, 1109WW - Amazon.com

If you are doing the puck lights you need to remove the reflector and use a wad of poster putty to hold the G4 in place.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 07:44 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post

If you are doing the puck lights you need to remove the reflector and use a wad of poster putty to hold the G4 in place.

Bob
Hi Bob

Not sure that I am with you? Is the putty needed because the LED replacement is heavier than the G4 and that it for that reason will "sag"? This does not seem to be a problem on the puck lights I replaced - this was just a straight swap.

Old 01-23-2013, 04:08 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by danes-on-tour View Post
Hi Bob

Not sure that I am with you? Is the putty needed because the LED replacement is heavier than the G4 and that it for that reason will "sag"? This does not seem to be a problem on the puck lights I replaced - this was just a straight swap.
Henrick,

This is what our puck lights look like out of the cabinet and the lens off:

The G4 LED replacements we used with the voltage regulator on the back will not fit without removing the metal reflector behind the halogen blub. The putty is not necessary as the lens will hold the LED assembly inside, but I did not like it loose. You must have a different puck light or you are not using LED replacements with the regulator on the back. See next photo:

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
My puck lights are different. I seem to have a larger refector, so space was not a problem.

Also - my new LED's are smaller/cheaper than the ones you are displaying. I have less LED "bulbs" per unit, but it is nevertheless brighter than the G4.

Thanks Bob