Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-16-2014, 09:45 PM   #1

Loading kitchen

What advice do you have for first timer. Loading especially kitchen . The long kitchen drawer that goes length of couch, also boxes of cereal, other cans etc I ve pared down house and given enough to good will etc still just don't want to discard everything . I got clothes closet and drawer pretty well set. But pans etc. rolls of Saran foil baggies etc. anyway those girls or guys who been doing this forever could give me some suggestions thanks. Gin. G. The other half.
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2014, 04:35 PM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
You may want to post this question in the Class A section or general motorhome section.
cpr_vbg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 04:57 PM   #3

Gina we store blankets and throws under the couch. Cereal, bread, cookies, vitamins, napkins go over the table. We have three drawers for silverware long grilling tools pot holders butcher knives and saranwrap, foil. Big fry pan and small hot plate in drawer under fridge. You will end up moving things as you use them. Have fun there is no rush.
CHCam42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2014, 06:14 PM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
You will pack repack and rearrange things in your drawers, cupboards, cabinets a dozen times before you find a solution that will fit/suit your needs. How/where I put things will have no real bearing on what your needs/wants are. Every RV has different storage set up.
D Lindy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 12:30 AM   #5
"Formerly Diplomat Don"

Newmar Owners Club
Gin....On our Diplomat, I took an upper cupboard that had no shelf and added one, but notched it at one end for cereal boxes. For pot and pans, we placed them in cabinets under the stove. I found sliding metal baskets (Home Depot, Lowes or Do-It-Center had the nicest) that I mounted under the stove. They slid out and held the pots well.

We had a large cabinet above the sink. We used that for plates, cups and bowls. We could wash dishes and just reach up and put them away. I kept baggies and paper plates there too.
Dutch Star Don is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 03:55 AM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by dutch star don View Post
gin....on our diplomat, i took an upper cupboard that had no shelf and added one, but notched it at one end for cereal boxes. For pot and pans, we placed them in cabinets under the stove. I found sliding metal baskets (home depot, lowes or do-it-center had the nicest) that i mounted under the stove. They slid out and held the pots well.

We had a large cabinet above the sink. We used that for plates, cups and bowls. We could wash dishes and just reach up and put them away. I kept baggies and paper plates there too.
i guess i should have said i have a dynasty queen iv. Sorry. We have that very long lower slide out drawer. Thank you
JeffreyG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2014, 07:48 AM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
We didn't have a good place to store tall (and mostly empty - even when new!) cereal boxes until we tumbled to the idea of throwing the boxes away and using a potato chip bag clip to seal the bag that's inside the cereal box. All of a sudden, we had lots of places to store cereal, it was kept fresh with the sealed bag and we could tell how much we really had.
glennb100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:23 AM   #8

Hi Gin,

I'll jump in with a few pics... I believe our kitchen set up is similar to yours in many ways. As everyone says, you will switch things around as you use them and your muscle memory kicks in for what is a natural placement for things.

That long drawer was perplexing at first; it is great because it's so big, but not so great because it is so shallow. I decided it was a good place for the foil, sandwich bag, food prep glove type stuff. I do store one large lidded skillet in the rear, that just fits in the shallowness.

We use the voluminous cabinet above the sink for bread, cereal, coffee, and some cooking oils and seasonings. If yours is like ours, you have a "shelf" of sorts to the rear. We found a loaf of bread fits perfectly longways on that shelf, as well as English muffins, etc. We keep the tall cereal up front, coffee by the door, and I have the olive oil and seasoning in an easy to pull out plastic basket. The basket keeps the contents contained while traveling. Be mindful that the light fixture under the cabinet heats up the floor of the cabinet a bit and can dry out whatever is placed above it, i.e. bread products.

We keep the dishes in the cabinet next to the convection oven.

We keep the pots and pans in the slideout tray that is under the stove; cookie sheets, etc. on the shelf in the rear. I used two Command brand Christmas light holders to hang the convection racks on the side wall of that cabinet. Also put a tap light in that cabinet, and others for extra illumination.

We keep chips and stuff in one of the overhead cabinets above the couch, and some boxed and light canned goods over the dinette. We have a narrow cabinet next to our washer/dryer where I keep the heavier canned goods.

Here's a random tip unrelated to the kitchen. We use a padded dish drying mat on the dash area near the entry door. It fits perfectly in the space and is a place to set misc day to day items.

I'm having trouble with seeing if the pics are getting posted right - sorry if this ends up with duplicate pics or pics in multiple posts...
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image.jpg
Views:	97
Size:	326.7 KB
ID:	58706  
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 11:24 AM   #9

Another pic
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	86
Size:	397.4 KB
ID:	58709  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:26 AM   #10

Another...
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	85
Size:	441.0 KB
ID:	58710  
Old 03-20-2014, 11:54 AM   #11

I'm a fan of baskets...

Enjoy your Dynasty!!!
Attached Thumbnails

Views:	84
Size:	453.4 KB
ID:	58711  
Old 03-20-2014, 02:57 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
From Bed Bath and Beyond. Product is called SimplyHuman, they come with the sliders.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2014, 03:26 PM   #13

Wow ... I do something quite different. I bring a medium size fry pan, coffee/soup mugs, BBQ tongs, silverware, paper plates, Solo cups, kitchen matches, 1 box large freezer bags, some sharp knives, a bottle opener/corkscrew, soup, olive oil, wine, beer, gin, tonic, olives, toothpicks, cheese, crackers, salsa, 6 cans of tuna, coffee, 2 jugs of water, and anything that would have spoiled at home. Everything else I buy as we travel. It gets stored in medium sized containers wherever it fits. Most kitchen drawers are 1/2 filled. I usually think I have too much stuff ...
Old 03-20-2014, 07:47 PM   #14

My only advice is be careful where you store items, brother in law had a large glass bottle of olive oil in upper cabinet, had to stop fast and bottle opened cabinet door and bottle broke all over floor. Created a huge mess.
Bamashell is offline   Reply With Quote