RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-31-2018, 02:40 PM   #43

Same Problem

2006 Monaco Holiday Rambler 42DSQ Imperial with starting problem. My coach will not start and the dash display is showing Transmission Communication error and the shift pad is showing "CATSEYES". I have checked the VIM fuse and the ignition Transmission fuse and all are good. Any Suggestions would be appreciated.
Click image for larger version

Name:	HR 1.jpg
Views:	19
Size:	175.4 KB
ID:	217134

Click image for larger version

Name:	HR 2.jpg
Views:	18
Size:	166.8 KB
ID:	217135

David Pearso is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-31-2018, 05:43 PM   #44

Try shutting off the battery disconnects (chassis and house) for a minute or two. That may reboot the system.

Old 09-01-2018, 08:24 AM   #45

David, there is no obvious instant solution for your symptoms so you are going to have to really dig in and learn your coach's wiring and systems functionality in order to present us with clues that might help us guide you. Members are not going to find the problem, you have to do that, but they can assist and suggest as you troubleshoot. If you read through this thread from the beginning, that is what helped me work through the issues leading me to a fix.

Here is the 2006 Dynasty Wiring Schematics. They covers a number of models including your Imperial to a large degree. Pages are noted as to which models. If you are not comfortable working through these drawings, you are probably going to need technical outside help.

https://www.dropbox.com/sh/3bolavfht...g_Diagrams.pdf

I would also consider starting a new thread rather than piggybacking on this one. Once my issue was resolved, some members might see this old threat come to the top but not be inclined to open and read it because it is "old news". Give yourself a fresh start.

BTW, welcome to the forum.
StuartT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:17 AM   #46

StuartT, thank you for your help and advice. I will move this to an Allison Transmission Thread. I have searched all of the wiring and do have power at the M97A plug which is 12 volts to the transmission. My coach does not appear to have a VIM, after opening up the bundled wiring harness in the bay it appears that the power goes straight to the TCM. If I am missing something please let me know.
Thank you
David Pearso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2018, 09:51 AM   #47

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Pearso View Post
StuartT, thank you for your help and advice. I will move this to an Allison Transmission Thread. I have searched all of the wiring and do have power at the M97A plug which is 12 volts to the transmission. My coach does not appear to have a VIM, after opening up the bundled wiring harness in the bay it appears that the power goes straight to the TCM. If I am missing something please let me know.
Thank you
I will catch up with you on your new thread David.

StuartT is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cat, engine, transmission