Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-25-2017, 10:05 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Location of water pump and hot water heater?

I am back begging for information and experience. My water pump stopped working after a week of freezing weather. I was not using the pump but noticed it after a week or so. I kept the aqua hot diesel furnace heater on for the basement and inside during the freeze. Can you tell me where the water pump is located so I can see if it is getting power?

Also need the access point/location of my 10 gallon hot water heater. This morning my wife complained about the hot water not being enough to wash her hair, it reheated the water after 15 minutes but it should put out the 10 gallons or so that its rated for, ok 5 gallons before it goes cold. I would like to check it but can not find its location. I've only had the RV for 6 months.
Regards
New Braunfels Texas Explorer
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
kovalsmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-25-2017, 10:10 AM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by kovalsmt View Post
I am back begging for information and experience. My water pump stopped working after a week of freezing weather. I was not using the pump but noticed it after a week or so. I kept the aqua hot diesel furnace heater on for the basement and inside during the freeze. Can you tell me where the water pump is located so I can see if it is getting power?

Also need the access point/location of my 10 gallon hot water heater. This morning my wife complained about the hot water not being enough to wash her hair, it reheated the water after 15 minutes but it should put out the 10 gallons or so that its rated for, ok 5 gallons before it goes cold. I would like to check it but can not find its location. I've only had the RV for 6 months.
Regards
New Braunfels Texas Explorer
2009 Monaco Camelot 42 PDQ
Monaco uses a Aqua hot system and a Hot water heater tank?
water pump usually/most likely in the wet bay where you have the water inlet and the tank dump valves etc
select55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:18 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
After wife was parboiled while trying to take a shower in a brand-new coach several years, I asked the water-heater mfgr WHY the temp was set so darn high.

The response was that, because the tanks are so small compared to residential water heaters, they set the temp high so we will only use a small bit of hot water and mix in a lot more cool/cold water to get the desired water temp and flow. That way, the tank will retain relatively more hot water than if it was set any cooler and we'd used more of it and less cool/cold.

Makes sense to me... and why I see very few hot tubs in rv's.

When it's hair-washing time (her, not me - I'm shiny), I turn on both the electric and propane water heat functions to replenish quicker. Aqua-hot may be different, tho.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:34 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Aquahot is your hot water heater. If you are only using the electric option and using cold city water you can certainly run out of hot. Turn the diesel on along with electric and you will have plenty of hot...give 10 minutes or so before you start showering.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 01:36 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Water pump probably behind the wall in your utility bay. You may have to access it from an access door in the last storage bay on the driver side. Usually has an in line fuse within a foot or so of the pump.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-25-2017, 02:56 PM   #6

Forest River Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyTools View Post
Aqua-hot may be different, tho.
AquaHot water is VERY hot. I found that out the hard way. If the diesel heater is on, you have endless hot water, it's nice.
Old 01-25-2017, 06:16 PM   #7

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobbieH View Post
AquaHot water is VERY hot. I found that out the hard way. If the diesel heater is on, you have endless hot water, it's nice.
Aqua-Hot uses a tempering valve that mixes a little cold , its sometime
called an anti scald valve .
They are adjustable and it is recommended you rotate the knob
periodically to keep it freed up .
They do quit working and new inside parts are available $100

RamiDav is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-26-2017, 08:21 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
water pump usually/most likely in the wet bay where you have the water inlet and the tank dump valves etc
Yes it has a both which is very very nice. When I get home I'll empty that bay out and crawl in there. Thank you
Old 01-26-2017, 08:23 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Smile

Quote:
Originally Posted by select55 View Post
Yes it has both which is very very nice. When I get home I will empty that bay to crawl in there. Thank you
Old 01-26-2017, 08:24 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
My problem is with the electric 10 gallon heater. Thanks
Old 01-26-2017, 08:30 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
So the electric heating element is in the aqua hot system?? The manual says that I have a 10 gallon hot water tank and the aqua hot system was an added option. So if I take the cover off the aqua hot I will be able to see the electrical heating elements?
Appricate your help
Old 01-26-2017, 10:47 AM   #12

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If your coach came with a Aqua hot system, it replaced the 10gal hot water tank, and the two propane furnaces.

Tags
cat, heat, heater, water, water heater, water pump