RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2013, 04:22 AM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakrism View Post
I do appreciate the advice DeSanford I follow your posts and I know you are a square shooter.Don't worry I will walk if they don't come down on price however I do not want to sell my coach myself. iI need to trade for one thing it is hard to drive two coaches around. LOL

KK no offense meant I was just sure do the bankruptcy and all you must have gotten a special deal.
Dan,

We purchased our coach from Lazydays and traded in a 2007 Tropical by National RV. Lazydays likes to give you top dollar for your trade and keep the price higher on the coach you are purchasing. This has good/bad points. One good point is that in most states you pay sales tax on the difference price. Getting top dollar for your trade will reduce the sales tax you pay in your home state.

We actually had some good luck in our case. We purchased the 2007 Tropical new but had issues with it we could not get resolved. Traded it for a one year old Diplomat at Lazydays and I thought I was going to get hosed on the trade. Lazydays allowed me almost what I paid for the Tropical on trade. That was on a Friday. The very next Friday National RV declared bankruptcy. How is that for luck!

Bob

nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2013, 08:32 PM   #16

Send a message via ICQ to Waterview202
you can not go wrong with a beaver ,our 2009 just rolled over 40,000 miles with no problems

Waterview202 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 07:46 AM   #17

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks for all the replies! They appraised our coach yesterday and you could tell it was nicer than they expected. We drove the Beaver and I gave the salesman a list of requirements that must be met if he wants us to consider buying. We are waiting on him to do the math .

I really appreciate this forum! It is very helpful.WE will make every effort to "pass it forward" and renew our financial support also.

Dan Murphy

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2013, 04:30 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
We just bought a Contessa a few weeks ago and have not had a chance to take it out (still learning) and so far we love it. Ours only had 9300 miles.

You can call Monaco with the VIN and they will send you a build sheet (MSRP).
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-24-2013, 12:37 AM   #19

Dakrism,
My parents purchased a 2009 Contessa new for $225K. Theirs has 2 bathrooms and King Sleep# bed. The paint has that copper color trim with a lot of white. I think it's a great RV and like others have said, a lot of bang for the buck.

Theirs has had a couple of electrical issues and a Lippert slide pump went south, but overall a very nice coach indeed.

Hope you can get the one you're looking at for a fair price.

Thorp is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 12:12 PM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Just to catch you up ----we did buy the 2009 Beaver Contessa here at Lazy Days. It is a beautiful coach and they got it in the shop for PDI before I could get any pics for you. We are excited to say the least and waiting very impatiently in the transfer lot here at LD.
I am not looking forward to moving all our stuff out of the Phaeton but excited none the less!

We actually signed the papers Christmas Eve and then drove to Miami for Christmas with friends. We have been told they will have our Beaver ready for us on the 30 th. We asked for all new fluids,filters,Tyron bands,new washer/dryer unit and a Progressive EMS install and I wanted my wingman ant also from my Phaeton. So they are taking care of all that and there was a huge "G"decal on the back they need to remove also.

We are scheduled into Rockcrusher Canyon RV Park Jan 1 and now I want to drive my new to me coach around and try it out. The DW says she wants to just stay and get used to the coach in the park so I guess that is what we will do. At least I get to drive it back north a little bit!

Today I went thru a dozen or so coaches in the LD luxury showcase and I think our Beaver would fit in just fine with those coaches!!

Catch you all down the road!

Dan

2009 Beaver Contessa
2015 Ford Edge SEL
Dakrism is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 01:03 PM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Congratulations. You will definitely enjoy the coach.
kketterling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-27-2013, 02:41 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Yay!...Another Beaver Contessa owner!...we are a rare breed!...Congratulations!
tankcj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 05:53 AM   #23

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakrism View Post
Just to catch you up ----we did buy the 2009 Beaver Contessa here at Lazy Days. It is a beautiful coach and they got it in the shop for PDI before I could get any pics for you. We are excited to say the least and waiting very impatiently in the transfer lot here at LD.
I am not looking forward to moving all our stuff out of the Phaeton but excited none the less!

We actually signed the papers Christmas Eve and then drove to Miami for Christmas with friends. We have been told they will have our Beaver ready for us on the 30 th. We asked for all new fluids,filters,Tyron bands,new washer/dryer unit and a Progressive EMS install and I wanted my wingman ant also from my Phaeton. So they are taking care of all that and there was a huge "G"decal on the back they need to remove also.

We are scheduled into Rockcrusher Canyon RV Park Jan 1 and now I want to drive my new to me coach around and try it out. The DW says she wants to just stay and get used to the coach in the park so I guess that is what we will do. At least I get to drive it back north a little bit!

Today I went thru a dozen or so coaches in the LD luxury showcase and I think our Beaver would fit in just fine with those coaches!!

Catch you all down the road!

Dan
Dan,

Congrats on the new to you coach. We just pulled in to the main Lazydays campground yesterday afternoon and are parked in site 252 on the back row. We had the Tyron bands installed last Jan when we were here. We have been coming down to Florida after Christmas for the past 11 or 12 years. Will be here until Thursday morning when we move over to the Orlando area.

Bob

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-28-2013, 10:41 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Congrats new Beaver owners!

tomckeon is offline   Reply With Quote