Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 10-07-2015, 04:46 PM   #1

Losing air pressure

I'm a new owner of a 2006 HR Endeavor 40' PDQ. I've never owned a diesel motorhome before with an air system. I will be leaving for our first long trip in about 2 weeks and the coach has been sitting in our drive way for about a month. I start the engine every once in a while and I noticed that the air pressure is down to about 20 PSI when I start it and it takes about 10 minutes to go up to 120 PSI. It looses its pressure overnight. Is this normal?
LCharron is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 10-07-2015, 05:30 PM   #2

Not normal but mine does the same thing. Mine has a leak in one of the main hoses connected to the filter/dryer.
abarkl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2015, 05:39 PM   #3

I just had my air leaks fixed and today is 15 days and still not leaning. Do you have air leveling? If so there is a spool with 6 solinoids that were leaking on mine. My mechanic replaced the inside oring as apposed to the whole solinoid.Lot less money and problems fixed. Good luck.

Dan
dadej is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 08:49 AM   #4

Winnebago Owners Club
Send a message via AIM to bridluz
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCharron View Post
I'm a new owner of a 2006 HR Endeavor 40' PDQ. I've never owned a diesel motorhome before with an air system. I will be leaving for our first long trip in about 2 weeks and the coach has been sitting in our drive way for about a month. I start the engine every once in a while and I noticed that the air pressure is down to about 20 PSI when I start it and it takes about 10 minutes to go up to 120 PSI. It looses its pressure overnight. Is this normal?
You can fill the air up more quickly...if I recall, with the engine running, you push the Cruise Control switch to the on position and then push the Set Speed button as if you were driving and setting the cruise speed. The engine will run at a higher RPM and fill the air system up in a matter of 30-45 seconds. (Just remember to turn off the cruise control so you don't run the engine at the high RPM for an extended period of time.)
On the air leak, I am not sure but am curious as I think I have a slow leak on my 05 Knight.
bridluz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2015, 10:16 AM   #5

They will lose air over time. Have you done an air brake leak down test to make sure the pressure loss isn't excessive?
falconman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2015, 12:24 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadej View Post
I just had my air leaks fixed and today is 15 days and still not leaning. Do you have air leveling? If so there is a spool with 6 solinoids that were leaking on mine. My mechanic replaced the inside oring as apposed to the whole solinoid.Lot less money and problems fixed. Good luck.

Dan
Dadej, were is the spool of solenoids located? I have an air leveling system on my 2007 Monaco Camelot and if I don't leave the air leveling system power on while in storage, in a day or so the motorhome will be leaning on the passenger side. I thought maybe one of the air bags might be leaking air.
Old 10-09-2015, 07:05 AM   #7

Thank you all for your replies. I'm going to the garage on Tuesday to have the system checked for leaks.
Old 10-12-2015, 10:05 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
I have a 08 Monaco Camelot 42' with air level. I am also losing air and have to start up once a day. I found a leak in the dryer relief valve and replaced the dryer. Got a new one and it actually had a worse leak. Had to get a second one and that helped. I was having to start twice a day.

Does anyone have suggestions of common places to check? I would also be interested in where the spool of solenoids are. Since we are full time I'm trying to keep from taking it to a shop plus we just arrived in the Texas valley and don't know where to take it.

TIA
Rwitt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-13-2015, 05:06 AM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by LCharron View Post
Thank you all for your replies. I'm going to the garage on Tuesday to have the system checked for leaks.
Luc your leak is not unusual very few don't leak some, our coach will go to 0 in 48 hrs. And it don't bother me because I know my system is in good shape. Rather than go to the shop and spend lots $$ why not do the brake test that was susgested it should be done a few times a year and it will tell you if you have a problem, truck drivers are supposed to do it daily. Do you know when the air dryer filter was last changed?
walt2137 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-14-2015, 06:35 AM   #10

I went to the shop yesterday and they used water and soap to check leaks in the line. They found some around some suspension fittings and replace the fittings. I checked the coach this morning and it has kept its pressure. I was told to expect some pressure loss over the span of a few days and it's normal.