Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 02-12-2014, 07:55 AM   #1

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Loss 12 volt power

Have a 2002 HR navigator. All ac, ceiling lights, water pump are gone. Am hooked up to shore power, have some wall lights, tv, fridge, microwave Have checked fuses and all ok. Anyone have an idea what the cause is.
Majorphoebe is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 02-12-2014, 07:58 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like the salesman solenoid failed or was turned off. The switch is by the door.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:22 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Majorphoebe View Post
Have a 2002 HR navigator. All ac, ceiling lights, water pump are gone. Am hooked up to shore power, have some wall lights, tv, fridge, microwave Have checked fuses and all ok. Anyone have an idea what the cause is.
You say "all AC, ceiling lights and water pump are gone". To me, AC is all your 120vac current. Interior lights and water pump operate on 12vdc as do the fridge, water heater and A/C control systems.

That said it appears you have some AC appliances working and some not. It also sounds like you have the same thing happening with 12vdc items.

I would start at the pedestal and check both breakers are on (assuming you have 50anp). Then cycle all interior 120vac breakers off/on. Next check all 12vdc fuses. If you still have some AC circuits not working, check all GFI outlets to be sure none are tripped. If you still have AC problems, run the generator to check if the ATS is working.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:31 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by clyon51 View Post
You say "all AC, ceiling lights and water pump are gone". To me, AC is all your 120vac current. Interior lights and water pump operate on 12vdc as do the fridge, water heater and A/C control systems.

That said it appears you have some AC appliances working and some not. It also sounds like you have the same thing happening with 12vdc items.

I would start at the pedestal and check both breakers are on (assuming you have 50anp). Then cycle all interior 120vac breakers off/on. Next check all 12vdc fuses. If you still have some AC circuits not working, check all GFI outlets to be sure none are tripped. If you still have AC problems, run the generator to check if the ATS is working.
I think they mean Air Conditioners by AC. If the 12 volts is off the Air Conditioners will not work even through 120 VAC is present.

Most likely they hit the salesman switch at the door by accident or the solenoid is bad and needs to be bypassed. My guess is that 80% of Monaco coaches have lost DC power due to one of these reasons. Will all those with their solenoid bypassed please stand up.

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 08:46 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post

I think they mean Air Conditioners by AC. If the 12 volts is off the Air Conditioners will not work even through 120 VAC is present.

Most likely they hit the salesman switch at the door by accident or the solenoid is bad and needs to be bypassed. My guess is that 80% of Monaco coaches have lost DC power due to one of these reasons. Will all those with their solenoid bypassed please stand up.

Bob
All true except he said he had wall lights working. If the BDS was off, he wouldn't have any 12vdc in the coach. We need more clarification of exactly what is working and what isn't.
clyon51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2014, 10:43 AM   #6

Thanks for input. Unfortunately had to leave MH in Florida and come to Georgia on family illness . Where, by he way we are iced in.
Have checked all breakers and battery boost switch at entry. Only lights that are on wAll thAt I call
wall sconces, which I am guessing are 120. Yes when I saId AC meant air conditioner. Tried running on generator and still won't work Going back Sunday and hope to resolve then. How do I bypass the solenoid? Entry step, slides, power awning, tv works.
Old 02-12-2014, 09:34 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Steps, awning are not on the salesman solenoid. That tells me for sure your switch by the door is not on or your salesman solenoid went bad.
My solenoid is the the bay under the driver seat. I took the red wire from one side of the solenoid and put it on the other side of the solenoid with the other 12v wire. This bypasses the solenoid forever and a good connection of the heavy 12v wires.
I'm sure that will fix your problem and only takes a few minutes.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2014, 05:00 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Thanks for input. Unfortunately had to leave MH in Florida and come to Georgia on family illness . Where, by he way we are iced in.
Have checked all breakers and battery boost switch at entry. Only lights that are on wAll thAt I call
wall sconces, which I am guessing are 120. Yes when I saId AC meant air conditioner. Tried running on generator and still won't work Going back Sunday and hope to resolve then. How do I bypass the solenoid? Entry step, slides, power awning, tv works.
Here are two threads on this subject. There are many more over the years.

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/bypa...ch-190710.html

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sale...ss-151607.html

Bob
Old 02-13-2014, 07:54 AM   #9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Steps, awning are not on the salesman solenoid. That tells me for sure your switch by the door is not on or your salesman solenoid went bad. My solenoid is the the bay under the driver seat. I took the red wire from one side of the solenoid and put it on the other side of the solenoid with the other 12v wire. This bypasses the solenoid forever and a good connection of the heavy 12v wires. I'm sure that will fix your problem and only takes a few minutes.
Thanks for info. Quite sur that is my problem. Will bypass when I. Get back to Florida
Old 02-13-2014, 07:56 AM   #10

Quote:
Originally Posted by nodine View Post
Here are two threads on this subject. There are many more over the years. http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/bypa...ch-190710.html http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/sale...ss-151607.html Bob
Thanks bob. Looked at links and will bypass when I get back to MHZ
Fred
Old 02-16-2014, 08:29 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorlininc View Post
Sounds like the salesman solenoid failed or was turned off. The switch is by the door.
What Gorlininc said
bprohs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2014, 07:38 AM   #12

Smile 12 volt loss

By passed the sales men's switch and all works great
Thanks for the help
Old 02-18-2014, 07:42 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
By passed the sales men's switch and all works great
Thanks for the help
I love it when a plan works out!

Happy Trails,

Bob
Old 02-18-2014, 09:32 AM   #14

There are only two kinds of those solenoids. Those that have failed and those that will..............usually at the worst possible time.
arby is offline   Reply With Quote