Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-25-2015, 12:48 PM   #15

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pescara2016 View Post
Thanx for all the answers. Got the genny running like a champ today, unplugged from shore power and tried the 110/120 and tv, no luck. Checked every inch of the coach inside and out for a gfc breaker and could not find one. Took the cover off of the transfer switch and no breakers just a buss barr. The inverter has two 20 amp breakers on it, the # 1 breaker was either tripped or off (not sure) I turned it on and it made no difference. This time of year all the RV dealerships are full bore on doing winterizations so I guess I'm on my own to figure this out.

I have only had the coach for a few months and am still learning the systems. My last class A was a 87 Pace Arrow gas job that was a lot less complicated. Planning on going full time in the spring and hope to have the systems figured out by then.
A 1500 watt heater the TV and microwave will defiantly trip one of the circuit breakers on Xantrax Inverter charger. Try resetting the circuit breakers again.

Your ground fault interrupters are usually located in the bathroom near the sink on the electrical outlet.

I hope this helps solve the problem Don
filadelfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-25-2015, 01:02 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Your GFI circuit is controlled at the inverter. Be sure you turn the breaker fully to the off position, then turn back on AFTER unplugging the quartz heater.
monacojim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:41 PM   #17

National RV Owners Club
probably a dumb question, but when you went from shore power to generator, you did unplug shore power and plugged the cable into the side of the generator and then started the genny, right?
(don't ask me if I know anybody who did that wrong.)
bud01234 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 01:51 PM   #18

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by bud01234 View Post
probably a dumb question, but when you went from shore power to generator, you did unplug shore power and plugged the cable into the side of the generator and then started the genny, right?
(don't ask me if I know anybody who did that wrong.)
The OP said he had a transfer switch. In addition, a 2004 Monaco wouldn't need to plug the shore cord in to switch power, the transfer switch does it automatically.

I'd suggest taking the cover off the inverter and checking that it's working. Check for voltage before and after the circuit breaker that you found tripped, if you're lucky it's just a bad circuit breaker instead of a bad inverter. If you have power out of the circuit breaker, then it could be a bad GFI or bad connection.

Besides looking for GFI outlets near sinks, check to see if the outlets in compartments and the one in the outside refrigerator hatch is a GFI. I've seen them in the refrigerator area that are then 'chained' to the one that powers the microwave.

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-25-2015, 03:18 PM   #19

Thanx Bob, That's the only place I have not looked. I will check it out in the am.
Pescara2016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2015, 04:46 PM   #20

Shut off both breakers on the inverter today while still plugged into shore power and whala.. all my 110/120 breakers are back and the tv came on. Turned the breakers back on and lost them again. Shut down the shore power and again shut the inverter breakers off and fired up the genny. All the outlets came back to life and the tv came on. Again turned the inverter breakers on and lost it all. Any Ideas?
Old 11-28-2015, 12:53 PM   #21

Are you sure you are turning the circuit breakers on not off? On my 2000 watt xantrex inverter the circuit breakers are on when they are pointing toward the front of the inverter.

Don
filadelfia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 05:48 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like you have the ON/Off function for the inverter backwards.

Turn the breakers to the position that everything stays on and you should be good to go.
jacwjames is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-01-2015, 06:47 AM   #23

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
DO NOT PLUG heater into RV outlets other than Washer/Dryer outlet if so equipped. This is the best way to avoid that problem

or do as I did and install heavy duty (15/20 amp) outlets each with it's own 20 amp breaker in the MAIN (not inverter) panel and 12ga wire feeds.. On my coach this was a very simple mod.. Many I've seen it would not be but on mine it was.
Old 12-02-2015, 10:27 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Just a question, is your inverter a Trace 2000? Did you get your problem resolved?
CJScepter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2015, 05:49 AM   #25

All problems fixed (not sure how) After shutting every breaker in the coach down including those on the inverter, disconnecting all external power and shutting the batteries off when I hooked up the shoe power and began bringing things back to life everything worked. Thank you to all for your suggestions and help.