Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2017, 04:07 PM   #1

Lost key fob

Well, seems like the unthinkable happened...lost my wife's key fob and 8 keys that work different parts of the coach. Tried to blame her, but she outsmarted me and turned it around in no time.

I managed to get the plain 7 keys cut, am still working on the Southco Barrel Key, but the remote entry key fob is proving the hardest to buy.

After many attempts at searching online, all I could find was the same key fob, but all "out of stock", with no date when they might return.

I know that the fob is an orphan and not being made anymore, so, anyone have a 3rd or 4th set that they are willing to part with? (yeah, right!

The FCC ID number is JLFTX4 and I have attached 2 pics to show it.

I know what my chances are (remote to none) but I thought I would post this as a final attempt to try to resurrect my reputation around here (or, lack of it)

Thanks for any help.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0014.jpg
Views:	155
Size:	96.6 KB
ID:	174826   Click image for larger version

Name:	DSC_0015.jpg
Views:	153
Size:	109.8 KB
ID:	174827  

Chef Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2017, 06:22 PM   #2

Gulf Streamers Club
The complete ID of your fob is:

THE WALL JLFTX4 Factory OEM KEY FOB Keyless Entry Remote

You might try this place:

VMI Wall FCC ID: JLFTX4 Transmitter Beeper Keychain Controller Car Auto Vehicle Security Keyless Remote Control Entry Clicker Pre-Owned 596

Seems a bit pricy for a 'pre-owned' fob, but they aren't made anymore. Keep an eye on Ebay for a used one, perhaps call some of the key fob sellers and ask if they have a substitute fob that could be programmed to work.

THE WALL JLFTX4 Factory OEM KEY FOB Keyless Entry Remote Alarm Replace

Bob & Donna
'98 Gulf Stream Sun Voyager DP being pushed by a '00 Beetle TDI
BFlinn181 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 07:10 PM   #3

Newmar Owners Club
Spartan Chassis
Did you search eBay? You can find almost anything there.
Old 08-29-2017, 07:16 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Another member named 'vito.a' went thru pretty-much the same problems in finding a new fob. You might search for his name and some of his posts about it.
RustyTools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2017, 09:02 PM   #5

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Different than mine .
Old 08-30-2017, 08:45 AM   #6

Thanks for the replies, but I think I may have to go the same route as Drifter who upgraded his fobs to the latest from TriMark. Seems they put out a newer and higher tech one every few years, and while it is not necessary to open the coach, or anything else on that beast, the DW has gotten used to "clicking" the button to open and close the door from the comfort of a few feet away.

Bob, that link you posted is referring to a "different" style fob that is supposed to operate the same as the OEM. If you read the page fully, and the pic, it states that the OEM is not available and only the one on the left is the one that will be shipped.

Ebay used to be a good place, but they are out of stock until someone finds another orphan.

Methinks I need to train her to start using an old style key and inserting it into the door lock like we used to years ago.

Wonder how that will play out?
Old 08-30-2017, 09:02 AM   #7

Gulf Streamers Club
I saw that the original was no longer available, it said that on numerous sites. It said the 'pre-owned' (used) one was almost $100 and instructions to program it would be included.

Question is, why hunt down parts for an old system? If you're only using it to unlock the entrance door, a NEW door unlock kit can be had for around $30 on Amazon.

Since your lock solenoid still works, the only thing you'd have to change out is the radio receiver module. The present wiring should work, hook up power from the old unit to the new and connect the wiring to the door solenoid. You'd then have parts you could sell on Ebay or add the solenoids to trigger whatever you'd like when you click the remote. (lights, etc.)

Bob & Donna
Old 08-30-2017, 04:45 PM   #8

Quote:
Originally Posted by BFlinn181 View Post
I saw that the original was no longer available, it said that on numerous sites. It said the 'pre-owned' (used) one was almost $100 and instructions to program it would be included.

Question is, why hunt down parts for an old system? If you're only using it to unlock the entrance door, a NEW door unlock kit can be had for around $30 on Amazon.

Since your lock solenoid still works, the only thing you'd have to change out is the radio receiver module. The present wiring should work, hook up power from the old unit to the new and connect the wiring to the door solenoid. You'd then have parts you could sell on Ebay or add the solenoids to trigger whatever you'd like when you click the remote. (lights, etc.)
Bob,

Thanks for the advice....just took a look at Amazon.USA and, sure enough, they can be had not only for 30 bucks but for $15.99! I wonder how reliable/good those Chinese ones are? I noticed that the OEM was made in the good ol' US of A, and I never had any problems with it. Will be looking a bit more for some good Yankee engineered fobs, it they are still making them that is.
Old 09-03-2017, 11:16 PM   #9

I just posted I was looking for one too. Would like to know how you came out if you got a new one (kit) off Amazon and how it worked?
Amen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2017, 08:59 AM   #10

Gulf Streamers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Guy View Post
Bob,

Thanks for the advice....just took a look at Amazon.USA and, sure enough, they can be had not only for 30 bucks but for $15.99! I wonder how reliable/good those Chinese ones are? I noticed that the OEM was made in the good ol' US of A, and I never had any problems with it. Will be looking a bit more for some good Yankee engineered fobs, it they are still making them that is.
I bet when you remove the old unit you'll find that some of the components were made in China! Yes, some products from China aren't of high quality, but most every electronic component in your home or vehicle is most likely made of parts or assembled in China or another off-shore country.

Bob & Donna
Old 09-04-2017, 11:44 AM   #11

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amen View Post
I just posted I was looking for one too. Would like to know how you came out if you got a new one (kit) off Amazon and how it worked?
Amen (interesting name)

Have not bought one yet...not a real high priority as I have other more important issues to deal with on the coach...and I am still looking for the misplaced key fob...will let you know what happens when I do decide.

Old 09-04-2017, 12:28 PM   #12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chef Guy View Post
Amen (interesting name)

Have not bought one yet...not a real high priority as I have other more important issues to deal with on the coach...and I am still looking for the misplaced key fob...will let you know what happens when I do decide.

Amen is the combination of Amy and Ken
Old 09-07-2017, 09:52 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
I ran into the same issue last year. I found a replacement fob and posted instructions for programming. Just do a search in the Monaco owners forum.
vito.a is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-08-2017, 03:01 AM   #14

Quote:
Originally Posted by vito.a View Post
I ran into the same issue last year. I found a replacement fob and posted instructions for programming. Just do a search in the Monaco owners forum.

So as it turns out they found the key fobs. Yay!!! Two of them! And they work!! [emoji4]

We are now proud owners of a 2008 Monaco Camelot 42PDQ. Have lots of questions that I will make separate posts for.

Thank you