RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-18-2019, 01:42 PM   #1

Lost Water Pressure

just hooked up in another park. off the water spigot I have 50 psi. my inline my regulator reads 40 psi. when turning the water on in the sink, the pressure starts out fairly strong and gradually the pressure drops. to about half i'm guessing. the park pressure did not drop too much with the sink running. turned on the water pump and the pressure is fine. took the inline regulator off and the results are the same. any ideas?

Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-18-2019, 02:04 PM   #2

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwanna2016 View Post
just hooked up in another park. off the water spigot I have 50 psi. my inline my regulator reads 40 psi. when turning the water on in the sink, the pressure starts out fairly strong and gradually the pressure drops. to about half i'm guessing. the park pressure did not drop too much with the sink running. turned on the water pump and the pressure is fine. took the inline regulator off and the results are the same. any ideas?
Do you have a water filter plugged possibly? I'm not sure where it would be inline but if it were filtering all the water even before the fresh tank it could be plugged. Then the pump pulling out of the fresh tank would be after the restriction so that wouldn't be affected.

Old 04-18-2019, 02:43 PM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Do you have a valve that is 'city pressure' or 'tank fill'. Be sure you're not in tank fill mode.
windsorbill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 02:58 PM   #4

I don't have my filter set up. the valve is in the city water mode. pulled my main hose and ran it . no obstructions or drop in park pressure.
Old 04-18-2019, 03:27 PM   #5

If there is a back flow valve at water spicket and your hose connection has a screen the back flow valve could be crushing your screen to choke off water supply.
Outbound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 04:22 PM   #6

nope- no backflow valve
Old 04-18-2019, 04:38 PM   #7

City water inlet screened washed clogged OR the city water inlet 'check valve' is failing.
Either and/or both can severely restrict flow and cause drop in pressure
Old-Biscuit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 06:30 PM   #8

old biscuit- when you mention the check valve, I assume you are talking about the one built in the rv water system. when I use my water pump, the pressure is good. so i'm guessing from what you are saying is that the water pump is past the check valve?
Old 04-18-2019, 07:47 PM   #9

You have a flow restriction somewhere. The pressure equalizes when no water is flowing which is why you get good flow at first. Then the restriction lowers the pressure and volume. You just have to trace it down. Start by taking the hose off the MH and watch the flow. If it stays full, then look at the filter/back flow valve, typically where the hose attaches. If that flows well, it probably won't, but if it does then trace the water line to the next valve, tee, or distribution block.
bucks2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2019, 10:03 PM   #10

Quote:
old biscuit- when you mention the check valve, I assume you are talking about the one built in the rv water system. when I use my water pump, the pressure is good. so i'm guessing from what you are saying is that the water pump is past the check valve?

City water inlet..where you connect hose....inside that inlet assembly is a check valve

It is there to stop water from flowing OUT when using pump.
City water pressure puhes it open when NOT using the pump

It is a cheap plastic assembly.....plunger/spring/o-ring
O-ring gets dislodged, plungers gets cockeyed, crud clogs it up etc

Also were hose connects is typically a screened washer (meant to keep crud out of rv water system)....it can clog
Old 04-19-2019, 08:18 AM   #11

bucks2/ old biscuit-- I agree that there is a restriction of some sort. there is not a backflow check valve at the cg spigot. I have taken my hose off the mh and run water thru the hose and there is no loss of pressure from the cg water supply. what puzzles me is that I have good pressure when I am running off my pump. in my way of thinking--- if I had a restriction in my inhouse water system, it would affect the pressure and volume of flow in using either the cg water system or off my pump.
Old 04-19-2019, 09:09 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Isn't running the pump pulling water from the fresh tank and ADDING it to the shore water pressure.... eventually your fresh tank will run out... (at least that was my findings when we had low pressure)

my culprit was a couple of strainers at the faucet outlet and I had never pulled my roll up hose completely out and eventually it got compressed on the roller so I ran it all the way out, turn on shore water and THEN rolled it in before turning off water....
Old 04-19-2019, 09:24 AM   #13

Quote:
bucks2/ old biscuit-- I agree that there is a restriction of some sort. there is not a backflow check valve at the cg spigot. I have taken my hose off the mh and run water thru the hose and there is no loss of pressure from the cg water supply. what puzzles me is that I have good pressure when I am running off my pump. in my way of thinking--- if I had a restriction in my inhouse water system, it would affect the pressure and volume of flow in using either the cg water system or off my pump.

I'm only posting because I agree with the above assessment and want to be sure the OP posts how the issue was resolved.
Ljwt330 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2019, 09:51 AM   #14

City water inlet connects to pump discharge...cold water line
Then cold water goes to WH Tank and feds hot water lines

City water INLET CHECK VALVE is BEFORE city water connects to cold water line/pump discharge

IF you have a hose reel then the check valve is after hose where it connects BEFORE going inside the RV

IF you do not have a hose reel then check valve is right where you connect the hose

When city water inlet check valve fails it affects flow/pressures from hose BUT has NO AFFECT on pump discharge

Generic RV water system

Tags
water, water pressure