RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login

Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-18-2014, 08:58 AM   #1
bjo

Love bugs

Finally got our MH Back after 7wk's from Alliance (wildwood) They had send
a Driver to our house in GA to Pick it up and take it to them and bring it back cause Alliance, did not finish the Warranty wk when they had it in Jan/Feb, So Monaco set this up. my point is while they were working on it there, they must have left the door open cause when they brought it bk this past Friday and I walk in my coach it was full of (love Bugs) from the front Door all the way back to the Bedroom all in the shower dead some still alive, I've only read about these "LB" on here never seen any .I can't not believe that Alliance sent it back to us in that condition I would not think those Bugs would get in the Coach unless the Door was left open. I spent all day Friday cleaning and vacuuming the floor and sofa I was so afraid it would stain ,because what you'll have said about it .I'm so very disappointed with Alliance, We did call them and I ask the guy that was in charge of our Coach ,"Did you walk thur Our Coach B-4 you sent it home to us (HE Said NO) . I'm sorry but I would not recommend Alliance to anyone, I told the guy that.. they may have been good in the DAY..... But for us they are not.
We could not be there for 7wks while they work on our coach due to sickness with us. but I tell you one thing (MY MH WILL NEVER LEAVE OUR SIGHT AGAIN...) I wish I'd never heard of (ALLIANCE)!!!!!!!!!!!

bjo is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-18-2014, 09:21 AM   #2

It is a shame, but too many service facilities don't do a final check anymore. Maybe, a sign of our poor economic times. I know this is not unique to Alliance.

ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 09:46 AM   #3
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Let's stay on topic ( Love Bugs )
Thanks

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:30 AM   #4

Cliff,
The title was lovebugs, but the topic was definitely Alliance.
bgbranch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 10:42 AM   #5
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
I guess its a tie. There's another Love Bug thread that I was thinking of.

Cliff,Tallulah and Buddy ( 1999-2012 )
CLIFFTALL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 12:01 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Maybe he lied when he in fact saw the "love bugs". deSanford
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 01:35 PM   #7
bjo

well Love bug or Alliance is the topic to me.. say what you please.
to tell you the truth it look like someone took a bucket of "LB" and just
throw it like a gal of water thru out my Coach... I've finally finish today cleaning my Coach.. She is home to stay and goes no were any more with
me or hubby.. If you aunt there to watch over your coach you just don't no.. Lesson Learned.
Bonnie
Old 05-18-2014, 02:30 PM   #8

Keeping on topic (I hope), once the LBs were cleared, was all work accomplished?
ImagineIF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-18-2014, 04:30 PM   #9
bjo

was the work finished all but one thing was not done correctly. All of this is on a new MH under warranty.
Old 05-19-2014, 11:37 AM   #10

On a positive note, be glad they were not "squashed" on the front of your coach and left for more than a few hours.
Also, since Brett Howard was discharged from or elected to leave Alliance, it was probably just a matter of time until things went downhill. Brett would have never allowed that coach to leave in that manner.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 07:11 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
Coastal Campers
Love bugs

Last time I was in alliance they worked on it outside one of the bay doors. I was amazed at all the screws, pieces of metal and other debris on the ground. Definite $500-600 tire damage lurking. I view it as an example of the care to detail of the shop...but just in case this is a love bug thread they are coming out in central fla!! Nasty vermin.

Jeff
Jeff753 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 05:37 PM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff753 View Post
Last time I was in alliance they worked on it outside one of the bay doors. I was amazed at all the screws, pieces of metal and other debris on the ground. Definite $500-600 tire damage lurking. I view it as an example of the care to detail of the shop...but just in case this is a love bug thread they are coming out in central fla!! Nasty vermin.

Jeff
We traveled down to Key West the first week of May. The Love Bugs were horrible. We stopped at a rest area north of Tampa because the windshield was 60 % love bugs. Cleaned them off with much effort and started on to Fort Myers. By the time we were south of Tampa the windshield was 20 % Love Bugs. If I could get hold of the idiots that thought it was a good plan to breed those damn things to control mosquitoes I would strangle them. When will people learn that it is a bad ideal to bring anything into this country to control anything. Think of starlings or kudzu or Asian carp.

We traveled from Fort Myers to Wildwood yesterday and I spent over an hour cleaning love bugs off the front of the coach. Traveled up to Perry today and I just got through a short time ago doing it again. Thank goodness we are far enough north that they are starting to thin out.

Ok, I feel better now!

Bob
nodine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:16 PM   #13

You can use REJEX on your front and they will come off much easier. It is just like a wax. Anything you wax with it makes it some kind of slick. Lots of bugs wash off without even brushing it with soap or bug scrubber. Especially if you clean it when they're still fresh.

Chad
onechaddude is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2014, 06:29 PM   #14

Send a message via AIM to waylntat2
Yes Love bugs are a pest,, had my fill last week on trip to Louisiana and Back to va., But they are not as pesty in side as Stink bugs , Love bugs just don't stink when startled.. sorry to here about your shop sorrows.. ..