Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-17-2017, 11:35 AM   #1

Low air

Is it normal to have low air in the system after sitting on a concrete pad for a month? Do we need to start coach up every so often to fill the air back up?
I lowered the coach and then put the jacks down
40' monaco windsor

grimb is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-17-2017, 11:43 AM   #2

Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Yes, that's normal.

Don't worry about filling the tanks till your ready to drive.

Old 11-17-2017, 11:45 AM   #3
Senior Member/RVM #90

Monaco Owners Club
Hi Brian! That's normal. Our coach air goes down to about 30 PSI after setting for a few days. Just be sure the air is back up before pulling out!

2002 Monaco Windsor 40PBT, 2013 Honda CRV AWD
MSHappyCampers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:46 AM   #4

Fleetwood Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
One month is pretty good actually. It's very hard to find all the small air leaks in a class a chassis. Mine leaks down after about a week, so I know I have a decent sized small air leak somewhere that I need to track down. If you have a 2001 and it holds for a solid month, you are doing pretty good in my opinion. If it loses pressure overnight, then you have a substantial leak and definitely get it checked out. Others may have different opinions but that's just my 2 cents.
nukerj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2017, 11:48 AM   #5

Good afternoon Grimb; Yes as 96 Wideglide has posted, this is normal. I have a 2001 Monaco Windsor 34' PB and it takes about a month for all the air to bleed out of the system. When I first park the coach I just lower the jacks and when I am ready to move the coach I just let the air system build up to normal pressure and then retract the jacks. Hope this answers your question. Have a great day! Bye the way, hello fellow 01 Windsor owner! Nice coach!
Old 11-17-2017, 01:02 PM   #6

Thanks everyone. We have been learning as we go along. Many you tubes and reading to help a long the way. The monaco coach is built like a tank. We get it back out next month for another month of fun in the sun in Florida

grimb is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
air