Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-17-2013, 07:04 AM   #1

low coolant warning light

i have a 2001 monaco dynasty and when i turn on the head lights the low coolant light comes on but if i dim the dash control lights it will go out any one ever had this problem the coolant is full and plenty in the expansion tank
alfredcycle is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-17-2013, 07:07 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
Sounds like a dash board ground problem. From my understanding the gauges are grounded in a daisy chain from one gauge to another.
Gorlininc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2013, 07:25 AM   #3

Crazy! I had a similar problem, but in mine, the headlights would "kill" the back-up camera. It only killed the rear one. The inside, and mirror cams were ok. I put dozens of hours into trying to find the problem, including developing the schematic which I attached, here.

In about the middle of the page, you will see a wire that runs from connector M1-4 (below the headlight switch) to M41-6 (above the Smartwheel controller), via J2-13, which is one of the five big, round connecters that penetrate the wall of the front run bay. I ran a replacement wire for that path, and all is good!

Somewhere between the dash area behind the light switch and the front run box, that line was tangling with something. I never found it! But if your lights are wired similar to mine, this may help. I MUST POINT OUT that even if yours appears to be identical, please know that they changed how the 8-K1 and 8-K2 relays are used. For most rigs, they are for the LEFT and RIGHT hi-beam lights, but on ours they were reconfigured to be the HI and LO beam relays, respectively. You can chase out that difference, if you like, but it shouldn't be a factor in what you're experiencing.

Good luck! Finding stray circuit paths can be extremely frustrating!!! Also, on ours, some grounds daisy-chained, like the grounds on the instrument back-lights, but many of the grounds went individually to the ground strip which I found mounted closest to the windshield, and maybe a foot from the left end of the firewall, roughly straight forward of the headlight switch. I found them all to be very tight and secure.

Also note that there is at least one connection missing. Somewhere on the circuit, a line runs to the Aladdin, that switches it from the "daytime" to "night-time" mode. I never found that lead, but the function still works, so it was not a part of the circuit that I bypassed.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf Head : Run : Clearance : Fog : Dash Lights.pdf (72.6 KB, 38 views)
K7JV is offline   Reply With Quote