Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-29-2009, 05:13 PM   #15

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
They have covered warranty issues for me, not all but some.
-Gramps- is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-29-2009, 08:08 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
If they did I'm truly happy for you, but did your dealer fix the self warrantied items only or did they exclude items from Monaco like body paint, interior trim woodwork and things of this nature. You did say they didn't cover all items. What did they exclude, maybe we have start to something hear. I can only hope.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2009, 09:16 PM   #17

The fact that there seems to be issues with the Lippert/slide/jack motor is the thing they should cover since Lippert won't...by the way, Lippert is selling systems to the new Monaco as they see it as a new company. I'm not going to get into it or I'll foam at the mouth but I'll be watching my system very closely.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:42 AM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Navistar/Workhorse just before the official announcement of the Monaco purchase, covered all the labor charges with an AC problem I had that ended up being a house problem not a chassis problem. They did not cover the cost of replacing a bad condensor fan because I jumped the gun and bought it myself after the dealer said the supplier would not sell it to them because of issues they (the manufacturer of the componet) was having with Monaco. I have also had slideout problems but that has been covered by BAL the makers of the slideout. They send me parts, I provide my own labor.
Old 08-31-2009, 07:11 AM   #19

Monaco Owners Club
Oh well, Just as I had a glimmer of hope, it looks like it's gone. Sounds like your dealer picked up the charges. The A/C vendors pay there own warranties and you must have a good dealer for the rest.

Did you hear that long time Monaco dealer DeMartini has picked up Fleetwood, so much for loyalties.

Old 08-31-2009, 09:59 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post
Oh well, Just as I had a glimmer of hope, it looks like it's gone. Sounds like your dealer picked up the charges. The A/C vendors pay there own warranties and you must have a good dealer for the rest.

Did you hear that long time Monaco dealer DeMartini has picked up Fleetwood, so much for loyalties.
Drifter...DeMartini had NOT been contacted by Monaco RV LLC as of the first week of August in regards to selling Monaco Coaches at their Grass Valley location. It is hard to say if they will pick up Monaco if they are contacted - as I did not grill them about that....

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 11:17 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by Drifter View Post

I can tell you that the Workhorse service center (a Winnie dealer) did not pick up the charges, they made that clear before they started working on my coach. The Navistar rep told me that they would be covering it. They also told me they would have made arrangements to replace my fan, but I told them it was worth the 90 bucks to get it myself and not fight with the rotten attitude of the vendor.
Old 08-31-2009, 03:29 PM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Mama, It would make good business sense to NOT take the new Monaco on because of all the grief from past customers, like me and because of all the disappointment in how little they would be able to give you on a trade. The good people at DeMartini are smart like that. And another round of going out of business by Monaco could put them under.

Old 08-31-2009, 05:50 PM   #23

DeMartini as of today will not be a new Navistar dealer. He took a beating big time and is taking on a line proven to not short change the customer...He also will have not get the Monaco grief that Monaco has put everyone in. He is taking on Fleetwood and has Mandalay to supplement his line. He also knows that despite everything that Navistar's name is mud due to the Monaco debacle. Fool me once, shame on you...fool me twice , shame on me. Note that my dealer who was in business for 43 years, closed up shop because of Monaco.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2009, 06:27 PM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Navistar isn't stupid...you don't get to be 13-15 billion strong without shaping things into place...They purchased Monaco dirt cheap, lock, stock and key...which toasted it's own...and just couldn't cover it's exposure/bets...
The Market/vendons/banks called in the margins, Monaco failed...Jay you reading this!...My best/humble future guess would be that most if not all of the current Monaco big ticket owners (including our die hard fans),will drop the brand totally over the next 3 to 7 years, refinance with another brand/sorry Jay... Bill Tiffin will get huge/phat with IFS and his "one stop shop" dealers with sole source recovery/repair and cover all bets and stay out of the (RV resorts).. Monaco brand becomes a future model for business 101 research...life goes on pusher style!...Really good/excellent move for Navistar..... clock is running.... Alfa was a little fish, Monaco was the RV whale...Tennis/golf anyone/Pls don't hate ;0) DocUSAF..
DocUSAF is offline   Reply With Quote