Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 08-27-2009, 09:05 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
LPGA Navistar Classic For Free

Monaco RV Owners Invited to Attend 2009 LPGA Navistar Classic For Free.

Sorry I can't make there but it seems like a nice gesture for Navistar to make to Monaco owners.

I would much rather have the remainder of my warranty that we lost, but as I stated a nice gesture. Most likely sponsoring the LPGA was more cost effective then standing behind past warranties.

Drifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 08-27-2009, 09:55 AM   #2

This is an insult to the Monaco people that lost warranty coverage and more importantly --some component coverage since those people won't cover their component due to the whole MNC debacle. They can put out money for public relations but not put out a goodwill gesture to their own inherited customers -- those people out thousands of dollars who purchased in good faith? I'm going to shut up but this is one bad taste that keeps repeating on me.
bullydogs1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 10:21 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Would seem like a magnanimous gesture. We used to call it "gilding the lilly". Tickets are $40.00 for the entire tournament. Based on the fact that it is a Ladies Tournament in a specific geographic location, they might get 20 people to take them up on their offer. So let's see, $40.00 x 20 people = $180.00.

Sounds like they are going all out to make you feel good about them having carnal knowledge without so much as a kiss and an I love you!

When I was a distributor for Kodak and they were a sponsor, they offered my Wife and I a trip to the Olympics in Atlanta. Five days including all meals, tickets and transportation, total value $27,800.00, that was a gesture! This is an insult!
Old 08-27-2009, 01:44 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
The more I think about this LPGA outing, the more upset I get. Most likely this is a good opportunity for some big shots from Navistar to fund one of there pass times or siblings outings. Wait isn't this in Tiffin country?

Old 08-27-2009, 02:18 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim Stewart View Post

Sounds like they are going all out to make you feel good about them having carnal knowledge without so much as a kiss and an I love you!

Well put Jim.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:00 PM   #6

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
Navistar did not bankrupt Monaco. You guys sound like it is Navistar's fault that Monaco went bankrupt. Give them a chance before you condemn them.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 03:36 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
The CEO of Navistar was on the B.O.D. of Monaco, Monaco and Navistar owned the joint venture for Roadmaster that also filed for Chapter 7. Incestuous, probably.

No Navistar did not bankrupt Monaco, they just profited from it. They could have chosen to honor warranties and recalls, they did not. The very exact same people that ran Monaco before the bankruptcy at both Monaco and Navistar are the same people that are running Monaco LLC now.

I do not think anyone blames Navistar for the bankruptcy, they blame them for making the decision to not honor Monaco warranties and recalls. That shows many of us what kind of people they are. They had carnal knowledge of customers, employees, vendors, dealers and stockholders and gave them all the big kiss off. This is not just about bankruptcy and hard times.

It's kind of like the Guy that goes into the Bar and sits next to the Lady. He leans over and asks if she would consider sleeping with him for $10 Million Dollars? She says well, yes. He says, would you sleep with me for $20 Bucks, she says, what do you think I am? He says, we have already determined that, were just negotiating the price.

We know what kind of people they are, when you speak of Navistar as if they were someone new, they are not, it's the same people. I don't negotiating with those type of people.

They do not deserve another chance.
Old 08-27-2009, 03:39 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Ron, You are correct in saying that Navistar didn't bankrupted Monaco, but what they did do was buy a company for lets say 10% of previous valve and retain them same team that lost control of it's assets. Some what like the Fleetwood deal with the difference of them taking care of there customers and honoring there warranties.

Old 08-27-2009, 04:37 PM   #9

Winnebago Owners Club
Freightliner Owners Club
So what should have been done was not to buy Monaco. Then it would have been sold for salvage and none of us would be able to get any replacement parts or help, and we would be in the same situation as all ALFA and Alpine customers. They have no parts no tech support and no factory.
Ron Postma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-27-2009, 05:02 PM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Ron, The very first things that Monaco did was sell most of there parts inventory to surplus dealers. The second thing they did was cut off there tech support, then they used the bad economy as the perfect storm to pull off the buyout/heist and come back with no obligations to anybody but them selves.

Ron, All we really have is our selves and outlets like this forum for true support.

Old 08-27-2009, 05:12 PM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
The RR4R Chassis recall alone would have cost them $10 million or more. You can bet they knew that and many other things too. That is more than likely why they also filed Chapter 7 on the Joint Venture that would have been liable if Monaco was out and they were still in.

It's not nice to mess this way with people and then ask them to buy from you again.
Old 08-27-2009, 07:45 PM   #12

They are going to use the Roadmaster chassis again for Monaco RV LLC diesel pushers...so let's see, the same people, the same coach but wait because of the legal Harry Potter magic wand we before Navistar owners who have the same chassis and coaches built by the same company in the same building run by the same people are now left on the side of the road ---With all this, Navistar and Monaco have got their previous coach owners giving them free advertising...we all have to determine what we put into the content of that free advertising. And that's just the surface. Monaco's suppliers are balking when their components fail since Monaco did not pay for them. I had it out with Interstate Batteries and won but Lippert has told everyone who has slide/leveler/step issues to go take a hike. I intend to enjoy my coach...I also intend to tell anyone who asks me about it my own experiences....

Motorhome people have long memories and many friends...Navistar has built the foundation of Monaco RV in quicksand as far as I am concerned..
Old 08-27-2009, 09:30 PM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Well said Mr. Denning. My thoughts mirror yours, I just wish that I could state them as eloquently as you do.

I believe that the new Monaco LLC company thinks that most of us will forget and come back to there fold. What they don't seem to understand is that by not standing behind there product it hurts the value of the product. Banks realize this and our giving people a hard time on borrowing for leftover new and used coaches. They will most likely find them selves selling off the product names to other manufacturers much like the past boat industries has done. So sad.

Just a thought, how about a new Holiday Rambler by say.....Tiffin or Fleetwood!

Old 08-28-2009, 02:10 PM   #14

Look at what I found on an RV site: dated 4/09

Mike Snell, vice president of sales and marketing for Monaco Coach Corporation, said his company is unable to provide warranty coverage at this time due to the financial restrictions placed upon it by the bankruptcy court. “That being said, if Navistar does end up acquiring the company, I believe they would offer goodwill to the loyal customers who have purchased Monaco coaches,” he noted.

Just gets your goat........