Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 04-13-2010, 07:53 PM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
M&G braking

Well, MM, we leave early AM to drive about 6 hours to get the M&G engineering braking system, Blue Ox baseplate and tow bar, and diode wiring installed in the Dip and new Chevy truck.

We are having it installed at their Athens, Texas location. Mrs. theDiplomat, bless her heart, is going to follow me in the truck on our trip up to Athens.

I usually research something to death, and this is no exception, but with your recommendations, I am comfortable that this combination is the best "out there" for us.

New to toad-ing, I'll take any advice you all have to offer!
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
BudtheDiplomat is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 04-13-2010, 08:14 PM   #2

Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43''s Avatar

I have used the M&G system with break-away since 2001 on my 1999 and 2008 Jeep. It is a little pricey but to me worth the comfort of knowing that it works well and that I am as safe as I can be for myself and others.
Ronnie Bledsoe 2006 Dutchstar 43' is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-13-2010, 08:29 PM   #3

Fleetwood Owners Club
M&G Braking

I have used the M&G setup on my last two DPs, towing jeeps. Plug in airline and electrical and away you go. Works very well. It is not as expensive as some of the other inside setups.
stuhly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:38 AM   #4

Damon Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
WHen I got my Damon INtruder I researched both M&G and the US-Gear system

Though I do feel the US-Gear is better..... I really liked the M&G, I mean REALLY LIKED the M&G.. The reason for choosing US-Gear is M&G would not fit my car

(ON a gasser the M&G system includes an air compressor)

A lot of folks I seriously respect have the M&G and love it.. As it turns out I have a few issues with my US-Gear system (One of which is the car it's installed on is dead, but that's not a problem with the system)

Most of these issues simply would not happen with the M&G.. I feel no reservations in giving it a recommendation. About the only bad thing I can say about it is: IT would not fit a 1992 Chevy Lujmina APV.
Old 04-14-2010, 10:37 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Appalachian Campers
Here's another vote for the M&G Brake System...I've used the system on two DP's and wouldn't use anything else. Matter of fact, I like their system so well that I researched the Toads that work with their system and bought from their list.
cb5300 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-14-2010, 09:20 PM   #6
bnb1313@aol.com

Monaco Owners Club
Been using the M&G brake system for almost three years and I love it. No electronics to go south, no spending 15 minutes hooking up the box on the floor in the rain and no more ruined brakes on a new truck (Roadmaster junk). I can hook up my M&G in 5 seconds and be on my way. Efficient and foolproof system.
BigSkyBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-17-2010, 04:12 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
All I can say is "Holy Cow!" I give two thumbs up to the guys at M&G Engineering! In about 3 hours, they installed the Brake System, diode wiring system, Blue Ox base plate and tow bar system. It looks great, functions great.

When my wife and I got there, we were both famished, not having eaten during the day. One of the guys gave us the keys to his van, and we drove back to Athens, Texas for lunch.

I could barely tell that we were pulling anything, but it "feels" like the stopping is more secure. It is certainly easy to hookup.

Bottom line: I could not be more pleased, and if you are looking for a braking system, THIS IS THE ONE!

Bud
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 04-18-2010, 11:40 AM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Send a message via Skype™ to deadeye916
I have the M&G on our Jeep and after 2 years we have had zero problems. I think you made an excellent choice
deadeye916 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-18-2010, 06:54 PM   #9

does anyone have a writeup of the actual braking unit install or some pictures of install for Jeep GC braking unit
jim
caymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-19-2010, 07:57 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
For a Jeep install, go M & G Engineering - Car Braking Systems: Independent Product Reviews . This gives a pretty good product review.
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 04-19-2010, 12:39 PM   #11

Looking for a installed picture of M&G adapter between master cylinder and vacuum booster for a 2003 jeep grand Cherokee (or another year). For mine, i have AC condenser just behind the vacuum booster, so that is a problem. This has to be relocated and i am looking for ideas on how others may have done.
caymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-18-2011, 07:09 PM   #12

Entegra Owners Club
Thinking about having the M & G braking system installed on our 2009 Fleetwood Discovery and a 2006 Jeep Wrangler. The guy I talked with recommended the DEMCO tow bar. Any pros or cons DEMCO vs BLUE OX? Apparently he carries both.
brianw8602 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-19-2011, 10:39 AM   #13

Monaco Owners Club
Brian;

I got the Blue Ox Adventa LX with the M&G System. It was installed at the M&G factory in Athens, TX in about 3 1/2 hours. Man! I could not be happier with the factory guys or the performance of the unit.

I bought a new 2010 Chevy Z-71 for the single purpose of towing. Now, a year later, I don't have even 2500 logged miles on the Chevy, but when I drive, I can't even tell the M&G system is there. It is "invisible" when disconnected.

Setup connections and disconnections are a snap with both the M&G and the Blue Ox Adventa. In less than 5 minutes, I'm ready to tow and go. This was by far one of the best decisions I've made concerning the motorhome.

I feel certain that my stopping distance has been reduced. The unit tracks extremely well and wind seems to be less of a problem than when I'm "toad-less."

I can't speak to the Demco. This is the only tow vehicle I've ever had.

Bud
'11 Z-71 4X4 toad
Old 02-19-2011, 09:12 PM   #14

M&G System

I installed the M&G System in my 2010 F150. I had to call M&G a couple of times to get clarification on their instructions, but they were very helpful a the installation went well. I picked this system because the toad braking is proportional to the braking of the motor home. When the F150 is disconnected from the motor home I can't tell it was modified, it drives the same. I really like the M&G System.
skibum61 is offline   Reply With Quote