RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
On Christmas morning at 5am I awoke to 50 degree temps in the coach. A quick review of the situation revealed good 110 volt power, but no 12volt. It was too cold (30 or so) for the heat pumps so I plugged in the little ceramnc heater we carry to keep the bedroom from getting any colder and started troubleshooting. I figured out it had to do with the 12v cut off switch on the dash and at that point decided to call Monaco Tech support to see if they were serious about 24/7/365 coverage. They actually answered the phone in Oregon at(by then) 4 their time, took all my info and had a Tech call me. I got the return call around 6:30 or so and as it happened I was getting ready to bypass the solenoid in the front run bay at the time. The tech confirmed that this was the quickest fix and was not a long term problem.
I was most impressed that they had someone who would call me back Christmas morning - WELL DONE MONACO!

2006 Diplomat 40PDQ
Chris-Alto,TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-07-2008, 08:19 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
On Christmas morning at 5am I awoke to 50 degree temps in the coach. A quick review of the situation revealed good 110 volt power, but no 12volt. It was too cold (30 or so) for the heat pumps so I plugged in the little ceramnc heater we carry to keep the bedroom from getting any colder and started troubleshooting. I figured out it had to do with the 12v cut off switch on the dash and at that point decided to call Monaco Tech support to see if they were serious about 24/7/365 coverage. They actually answered the phone in Oregon at(by then) 4 their time, took all my info and had a Tech call me. I got the return call around 6:30 or so and as it happened I was getting ready to bypass the solenoid in the front run bay at the time. The tech confirmed that this was the quickest fix and was not a long term problem.
I was most impressed that they had someone who would call me back Christmas morning - WELL DONE MONACO!

2006 Diplomat 40PDQ
Chris-Alto,TX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 09:54 AM   #3

We too have had to call them and they have always been helpful and have replied quickly. One time it was 2 AM on a week-end, and they stayed on the phone with us until we could get things fixed. If by chance they have not had the correct answer they have put us in contact with someone that would.

Whippetmom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 12:28 PM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
I too have recently had reason to write a thank you letter to my favorite tech support person and escalate it to her supervisor. They have all been wonderful to deal with and their expertise is much appreciated when we are needing their help.
GoneFishin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2008, 01:04 PM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
My experience has also bee positive! The best part is they care!!
teofff is offline   Reply With Quote