Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 01-06-2008, 04:51 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
We had a great supprise yesterday. We were walking around the campground at Passport to Leasure in Robert LA and saw a motor home looking just like our checking in. I said to DW I wonder if that could be Ronboc from IRV2. A little later that coach pulled into the site next to ours. I walked out and spoke with the driver and said you don't happen to be Ron? He said yes are you Dave yep thats me.

Hard to beleive we had tried to meet while we were in Wildwood and Ron was in Melborn FL. But because of Ron's family health it didn't work out. Now totaly be accident we run into one another on the road.

It was great talking with him and his wife. Here are some pictures of our matching coaches.

itdave is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 01-06-2008, 04:51 AM   #2

Monaco Owners Club
We had a great supprise yesterday. We were walking around the campground at Passport to Leasure in Robert LA and saw a motor home looking just like our checking in. I said to DW I wonder if that could be Ronboc from IRV2. A little later that coach pulled into the site next to ours. I walked out and spoke with the driver and said you don't happen to be Ron? He said yes are you Dave yep thats me.

Hard to beleive we had tried to meet while we were in Wildwood and Ron was in Melborn FL. But because of Ron's family health it didn't work out. Now totaly be accident we run into one another on the road.

It was great talking with him and his wife. Here are some pictures of our matching coaches.

Old 01-06-2008, 05:48 AM   #3

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
That's amazing, what are the chances of that happening. Maybe you need to buy a lottery ticket.

06 HR Endeavor 40 PET
Sixpack98 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 05:49 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Isn't unbelievable how things work out!
Tell Ronboc that MM said for you to give he & his wife "Best Wishes" and a hug from me by proxy!
One more question....Did either of you have your iRV2 sticker showing?

MM

MonacoMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 06:37 AM   #5

Monaco Owners Club
Tiffin Owners Club
That is amazing ...and a rather neat experience, as well.
Robin_M is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 03:01 AM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
Way-fun meeting you Dave & Jeri (and Valentine)!

To add a bit more twist to the story, Dave and I'd been PM'ing each other for months about various projects/questions/etc, as we have the same coach (even same colors!) and had planned to meet at Camp Wildwood over the Holidays since they were there for repairs and we were 'parentsitting' a couple hours away.

Well, we just couldn't get loose to run up and see them, but other friends who were also at Wildwood called us one day and said they just saw us drive in earlier in the day and 'why weren't we coming over to say hello?'. I explained it wasn't us, and they were surprised to see an identical coach.

Dave & Jeri eventually hit the road from Wildwood and we were finally able to get going ourselves, bummed that we missed our chance to meet face-to-face. After several days of fighting very blustery side and head winds (why do we NEVER get tailwinds?) we called it quits early one day and found the nearest CG. It was almost empty but this couple rode by on their bikes, giving us the close-eye scrutiny as we were checking-in. I'm thinking "Oh yeah, bet you like this huh? Never saw an rv this pretty before, didya?"

We get sent to our spot and it turned out to be like walking along one of those funhouse mirrors. I'm parking right next to myself! As we get situated and hooked-up, the bike-riders come around the corner of their coach. The guy walks up to me and, after the usual greetings, says "You wouldn't be Ron, would you?"

We got to show off each other's coach and chat about the usual fixits as well as similar issues. Quite mind-bending to be in 'your' rv but have things arranged/decorated just tiny bit different (Would make a good Twilight Zone segment probably). We had to leave all-to-soon the next morning, but we have each other's emails and are looking forward to more Close Encounters Of The Chance Kind.

Ain't life great?

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2008, 07:44 PM   #7

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
...and Again... two more iRV2 couples meet on the road! Gosh...maybe we need to start a scorecard of who meets who in regards to "iRV2" members!

It had too be a little weird to see your coach next to you!!

MM

Old 01-12-2008, 07:54 PM   #8

Monaco Owners Club
Love that story... why can't I see the pics? I have the dreaded "red X" coming up on the three posted pics. I want to see!!!

Brenda, of...
Old 01-12-2008, 08:06 PM   #9

Monaco Owners Club
Excel Owners Club
Brenda...
You can't see the photos because itdave has moved them from where they had been on the internet...
(itdave...you can post them here in the irv2 photo album for free. )

MM

Old 01-13-2008, 02:44 AM   #10

Monaco Owners Club
Until Dave gets 'em back on-line, you can see pretty-much what we both looked like by looking at my little avatar-picture crossed-eyed.

'06 HR Endeavor 40PAQ (Mission Hills decor). All options, but still finding more to add.
ronboc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2008, 03:15 AM   #11

Monaco Owners Club
OK, here are the pictures.

It sure is weird seeing a twin.

Old 01-13-2008, 05:52 AM   #12

Monaco Owners Club
Nice coaches, both of you! Love the color scheme. It just goes to show that great minds think alike! Thanks for the help, there, MM!

Brenda, of...