Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 12-22-2012, 07:56 PM   #29

Winnebago Owners Club
Twomed, if OP has the engine running and the generator running, can he toggle the "battery boost" switch and have someone else try to toggle the generator slide in. Would that boost help provide enough power to get that hydraulic pump going?
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 12-22-2012, 08:28 PM   #30

Quote:
Originally Posted by caymann View Post
My generator compartment is on a hydraulic slide. Is there a way yo manually retract.
The generator IN/OUT switch only works for OUT. When trying IN, it stays there.
It's dark now so i thought i may be able to manually push it back in somehow?
I had this happen to me 2 weeks ago. Yes there is a way to manually retract the genny.

It wouldn't be fun or easy to do for the first time at nite. But here goes

There are 4 electric/manual solenoids, 1 for living room extend, 1 for living room retract, 1 for genny extend, and 1 for genny retract. They normally operate electricly, but they each have a T-handle on the frt for manual operation in case there's a electrical problem.

Look low and to the left of the genny and find the HWH slideout electric motor and relay, pump, fluid resevour, 2 fuses, wires, and the 4 solenoids mentioned before. I believe the rightside lower solenoid is the retract solenoid for the genny. Turn open(ccw) the T-handle fully, push in the genny, then crawl under the coach and close(cw) the same T-handle fully.

You could have blown a fuse, or have a bad + or - connection at the connectors, or a bad connection(loose nut) at the relay that you see straped on the top of the electric motor.

Old 12-22-2012, 08:33 PM   #31
YC1

Do your overhead 12 volt lights work. What else does work? If the dash lights are not working then the ignition system is not being powered as well it appears. My MH will start with the salesman switch off. Will yours normally??? If the answer is no head to the distribution panel below the drive outside. Snap a picture if possible. If you see a large device with a large wire on each post grab your voltmeter and check each post. You should see 12.5 on each large post if energized. If you see it on one side only, turn your batteries off, remove the cables and either stack them on one post or bolt them together.

One other issue that has not come up in a long time is a pair of splices made above the rear axel. These have been known to go intermittent. I do not remember the sypmtoms but will research that as soon as I post this. I am including a couple of pictures to help move things along. If you can post a few pictures it will really speed things up.

Battery Compartment.pdf

Front Distribution Panel Late model picture.pdf
Attached Images

YC1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-22-2012, 08:39 PM   #32
YC1

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f115/no-e...ch-132500.html

Go down a couple of post and you will see a picture of the chassis splices.

Old 12-22-2012, 09:01 PM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow46 View Post
Twomed, if OP has the engine running and the generator running, can he toggle the "battery boost" switch and have someone else try to toggle the generator slide in. Would that boost help provide enough power to get that hydraulic pump going?
Worth a try. Hope that just running gen all night will get them up and running. Pretty sure though they are are on a trip to FL from up north so if he had been running all day and batts were any good they should have been charged. Assuming grounds are good. Hate stuff like this especially in a rest area when you want to be somewhere fun.
Twomed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 12:44 PM   #34

Winnebago Owners Club
Anybody heard if the OP got back on the road?
Old 12-23-2012, 04:06 PM   #35
YC1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barlow46 View Post
Anybody heard if the OP got back on the road?
I suspect he has. I offered my home phone number in a PM late yesterday. Playing 20 questions over the internet while broke down would not be fun. A phone call can often sort things out much quicker.

Old 12-23-2012, 04:08 PM   #36

Hi all
Yes i made it to FL keys
I have been driving all day so didnt get a chance to post
Thank you all for the help
I will post later
Jim
caymann is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-23-2012, 04:44 PM   #37

Winnebago Owners Club
Good deal Jim. Enjoy your trip and glad you made it ok.
Old 12-23-2012, 05:18 PM   #38

I'm glad you made it without further incident. Have a wonderful christmas and new year and enjoy the warmth.
Chad
onechaddude is offline   Reply With Quote