Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 07-31-2017, 11:26 AM   #1

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Midland Style KN20031 Push Pull Valve

Hello, I have a leak in my emergency brake valve. I pulled it out and took some pictures of which are attached. I have found several with a google search. Amazon has one for sale but it says the pop is 7-17 psi but I found on other sites they list it as 25-35 for the same part number.

Is the Amazon listing wrong or ?

Thanks

Richard
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	20170725_121023.jpg
Views:	69
Size:	185.3 KB
ID:	170910  
RCG604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 07-31-2017, 11:31 AM   #2
Moderator Emeritus

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
They come with different values. The Texas CDL handbook says the parking brake should pop between 20 and 40 PSI so the one on Amazon won't meet that standard. That would be a consideration if you were in Texas, other states might not matter.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:38 AM   #3
Moderator Emeritus

Newmar Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by RCG604 View Post
Hello, I have a leak in my emergency brake valve. I pulled it out and took some pictures of which are attached. I have found several with a google search. Amazon has one for sale but it says the pop is 7-17 psi but I found on other sites they list it as 25-35 for the same part number.

Is the Amazon listing wrong or ?

Thanks

Richard
Are you sure you have a leak in the parking knob valve?
The reason I ask is I thought mine had a leak and it ended up being a blown diaphragm on the spring brake. Leak got bad enough the parking knob would not hold to disengage the spring brakes.
Old 07-31-2017, 11:53 AM   #4

Monaco Owners Club
Holiday Rambler Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spk64 View Post
Are you sure you have a leak in the parking knob valve?
The reason I ask is I thought mine had a leak and it ended up being a blown diaphragm on the spring brake. Leak got bad enough the parking knob would not hold to disengage the spring brakes.
I am pretty sure since I can hear leaking around the shaft and if I wiggle it then it stops leaking.

I did some further research and found out the one listed on Amazon has the wrong part number KN20031 does have a pop of 25-35 psi but KN20033 has a pop of 7-17 psi.

I called the sellers toll free # and found out it is a 25-35 pop and they just listed that part of the information wrong.

Thanks for the input!
RCG604 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2017, 04:13 PM   #5

Be carefull Richard - had the same issue with mine and bought one off Amazon - turned out to be a cheap knock off - fine print said it was a kn20031 replacement - got the real thing at a local truck parts place.
Old 07-31-2017, 07:03 PM   #6

Monaco Owners Club
I sold truck parts for over 30 years. I wouldn't trust much of heavy duty truck parts from Amazon. Now you can go to Napa and Oriley's along with truck dealers and Parts distributors. In most cases they will have the parts replacement you need.
Just my 2 cents.
Poormarky is offline   Reply With Quote