Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 11-26-2011, 04:07 PM   #15

Winnebago Owners Club
deSanford, I am still not getting it. Are you saying that you pull the fuse so that the slides will go out with the engine running (I get this part) but you are also running a wire to the parking brake (pull knob releasing air to lock brakes). Why are you running a wire to the brake knob? Why not just leave the brake knob pulled (brakes locked) when running the engine. What exactly does the wire do that is not already in place? Thanks for understanding us visual learners.
Barlow46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 11-26-2011, 08:46 PM   #16

Monaco Owners Club
Let me explain .......the way I have it wired going to the air brake if the brake was pushed in and brakes unlocked you could while driving down the FREEWAY someone could extend the slides or bring them in without stopping the MH. Of course if you see through your side view mirror as you are driving down the FREEWAY that you forgot to bring in the slides that may be a good thing........especially if you are approaching a toll booth with those narrow concrete side barriers.
deSanford is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 08:57 PM   #17
rex

Monaco Owners Club
TDIguy that is a can type circuit breaker. In fact you may have those rather than fuses in your front run bay under the driver's window. If the circuit gets too hot the circuit breaker (CB) will open. When it cools it will reset and restore the circuit.

As to your generator problem, if it is just not starting then you did not provide enough information for anyone to help you. On the other hand if it IS starting and just not producing voltage, then check the two circuit breakers on the generator itself.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:31 PM   #18

Monaco Owners Club
Thanks rex for the reply... My gen is not in the rv... previous owner sold it....
That is why I am trying to do the slide out with engine running mod...
Does my Beaver have a fuse like they are talking about? Where would it be?
TDiGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2011, 09:42 PM   #19
rex

Monaco Owners Club
TDIguy, nope don't think Beavers use fuses, only circuit breakers (CB can type), at least on the ones I have seen. It should be labeled in your front run bay under the driver's window. One side of the CB should be connected to a battery bus and the other side should have a wire to whatever device or circuit it controls. Disconnecting the wire may produce the results you are looking for. Perhaps another Beaver owner will chime in and help with which CB it may be.

2001 Monaco Diplomat 40' PDQ - 08 Honda CR-V
rex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 05:14 AM   #20

Monaco Owners Club
recaffey I called Monaco Navastar service center in Coberg, Ore. at 1-877-466-6226 and had a "service" technician e-mail me the schematic showing the F17 - 5A fuse. Also to do the Air - Brake mod I had to remove a relay from the electrical panel above the driver's head. A wire from that same panel down the "A" post (front window) down to a connection on the Air - Brake.
Old 11-27-2011, 06:17 AM   #21

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by deSanford View Post
Let me explain .......the way I have it wired going to the air brake if the brake was pushed in and brakes unlocked you could while driving down the FREEWAY someone could extend the slides or bring them in without stopping the MH. Of course if you see through your side view mirror as you are driving down the FREEWAY that you forgot to bring in the slides that may be a good thing........especially if you are approaching a toll booth with those narrow concrete side barriers.
So as per the above quote, it is possible to extend or retract your slides while driving down the road (or anytime your brake is released). Looks like it should be the opposite. Slides inoperable when brake is released?
roscoesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:20 AM   #22

Monaco Owners Club
Texas Boomers Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rex View Post
nope don't think Beavers use fuses, only circuit breakers
Ours has 50+ fuses!
H. Miller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 06:38 AM   #23

Winnebago Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by roscoesdad View Post
So as per the above quote, it is possible to extend or retract your slides while driving down the road (or anytime your brake is released). Looks like it should be the opposite. Slides inoperable when brake is released?
No. I think he is saying that since he pulled the fuse and the slides will operate with the engine running, the slides will also extend or retract at any time (engine running or not, even while driving). He wired the brake pull to keep the slides from extending or retracting when the brake is off. This would keep the slides from extending or retracting when driving. (I think this is what I understand at this point and that makes more sense to me) If this is not what he meant, he will correct my thinking again.
Old 11-27-2011, 10:41 AM   #24

Monaco Owners Club
Yes ......here we go again. The way I have it wired I would have to stop on the "FREEWAY" to retract the slides, because my Air - Brake is not engaged. At the side of the "FREEWAY" stopped with the Air - Brake pulled up (means air brakes applied) then and only then I could retract my slides if they were out. Sorry English Literature was not my major. Barlow46 you got it right except "He wired the brake pull to keep the slides from extending or retracting when the brake is "OFF". ("OFF" should be "ON") I hope this clears up this GREAT modification. Cost is almost ZERO, and the benefits make motor homing more pleasurable if you don't have to start and restart your engine = less wear and tear on engine, battery and starter. IMHO
Old 11-27-2011, 11:02 AM   #25

Winnebago Owners Club
"Uncle"....
Old 11-27-2011, 11:04 AM   #26

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Yes ......here we go again. The way I have it wired I would have to stop on the "FREEWAY" to retract the slides, because my Air - Brake is not engaged. At the side of the "FREEWAY" stopped with the Air - Brake pulled up (means air brakes applied) then and only then I could retract my slides if they were out. Sorry English Literature was not my major. Barlow46 you got it right except "He wired the brake pull to keep the slides from extending or retracting when the brake is "OFF". ("OFF" should be "ON") I hope this clears up this GREAT modification. Cost is almost ZERO, and the benefits make motor homing more pleasurable if you don't have to start and restart your engine = less wear and tear on engine, battery and starter. IMHO
Thanks for the explanation. I think the stopping on the "FREEWAY" threw me. I have never extended my slides while stopped on the "FREEWAY". Only when in the RV Park. I do understand now
roscoesdad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-27-2011, 11:21 AM   #27

Monaco Owners Club
Now if I can get the better half off the phone we might be able to go for a nice drive on this sunny day in Calif. Sorry this is off the thread subject.
Old 11-28-2011, 02:18 PM   #28

Quote:
recaffey I called Monaco Navastar service center in Coberg, Ore. at 1-877-466-6226 and had a "service" technician e-mail me the schematic showing the F17 - 5A fuse. Also to do the Air - Brake mod I had to remove a relay from the electrical panel above the driver's head. A wire from that same panel down the "A" post (front window) down to a connection on the Air - Brake.
deSanford
Thanks, would you please email that schematic to bob@caffeyhome.com?

May I contact you if I have a need for additional help?

Thanks
Bob Caffey
recaffey is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
slide