Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 03-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #29

Texas Boomers Club
Fleetwood Owners Club
Solo Rvers Club
Ford Super Duty Owner
Not a Monaco owner here, but your thread is absolutely fascinating.

I believe you know you are a good mechanic and that you have excellent skills, but I don't believe you know how in AWE some of us are when looking at the detail, attention, intelligence, problem solving, and incredible completed project, no matter what you are doing.

I admire and salute the positive side here of your OCD. I know there is a negative but not here on this thread with your beautiful grand coach. She is awesome and is so fortunate to have you in charge of her care.....

You will have my full and complete attention in the future, Mike. I'll be watching for sure!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your talent, skills, projects, pictures not to mention your humble demeanor and (to me) brilliant genius abilities!

[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Lincolnboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 03-20-2015, 02:13 PM   #30

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post

I believe you know you are a good mechanic and that you have excellent skills, but I don't believe you know how in AWE some of us are when looking at the detail, attention, intelligence, problem solving, and incredible completed project, no matter what you are doing.

I admire and salute the positive side here of your OCD. I know there is a negative but not here on this thread with your beautiful grand coach. She is awesome and is so fortunate to have you in charge of her care.....

You will have my full and complete attention in the future, Mike. I'll be watching for sure!!!

Thanks so much for sharing your talent, skills, projects, pictures not to mention your humble demeanor and (to me) brilliant genius abilities!

Thank you Kent for the kind words. I appreciate it, but I am sure there are others out there who are just as talented. I have seen many of their projects on this forum and I enjoy reading about their projects as well. A couple over on the American coach/Fleetwood section come to mind. There was also a very lengthy thread about a wandering issue on the Monaco section that was very impressive with the amount of thought, cooperation and talent that was displayed.

If something I show sparks something in someone elses mind down the road that is more or less the point of these social forums anyways, sharing information. So hopefully that is happening.

Mike.

zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2015, 09:46 PM   #31

Monaco Owners Club
zmotorsports, clean and methodical, see you are in Utah, I am in Idaho, maybe one day we will cross paths an share some, "war" stories, I am sure the years as an Industrial Mechanic have driven the need to complete projects once not twice, I spent many years as an EE working closely with great Mechanics (Millwrights) as yourself. Never Raced but restored some classics, and built Engines for friends, for the local Test and Tunes in our years spent in Michigan.. Again Great Job, Fine Craftsmanship.
Prometheus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2015, 06:52 AM   #32

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Prometheus View Post
zmotorsports, clean and methodical, see you are in Utah, I am in Idaho, maybe one day we will cross paths an share some, "war" stories, I am sure the years as an Industrial Mechanic have driven the need to complete projects once not twice, I spent many years as an EE working closely with great Mechanics (Millwrights) as yourself. Never Raced but restored some classics, and built Engines for friends, for the local Test and Tunes in our years spent in Michigan.. Again Great Job, Fine Craftsmanship.
Thank you, I appreciate that.

Whereabouts in Idaho are you. We used to get to St. Anthony, ID several times a year at the dunes but since selling our sand toys we are generally driving through going to other destinations now.

I think we will be heading up around Salmon in July working our way up to Glacier NP.

Look forward to seeing you on the road. It is always nice to meet people on the road that we have conversed with via the internet. Put a face with a username. My wife and I have met some amazing people and have created some wonderful friendships through a couple of these RV forums.

Mike.
Old 03-29-2015, 10:23 AM   #33

Monaco Owners Club
Pocatello, with the warmer weather we are about to go thru the chassis, and give it the yearly once over..

We will be headed to Glacier for the second time in late June, in July last year it was 90+ degrees.

Neil
Old 03-29-2015, 08:56 PM   #34

Monaco Owners Club
Vintage RV Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincolnboy2 View Post

^Can't be said any better. I (we) look forward to more....
Old 03-30-2015, 05:55 AM   #35

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Pocatello, with the warmer weather we are about to go thru the chassis, and give it the yearly once over..

We will be headed to Glacier for the second time in late June, in July last year it was 90+ degrees.

Neil
Neil, we were in Glacier three years ago late June and the Going to the Sun highway wasn't open yet so we decided to push it back a few weeks later this year just to ensure it is open. The last several times we were there the temps were fantastic, although once when we were there in about 2000 it was up in the 90's. A little un-seasonalby warm for the area from what the locals told us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam60 View Post
^Can't be said any better. I (we) look forward to more....
Thank you. I appreciate that.

Mike.
Old 05-25-2015, 09:42 AM   #36

Monaco Owners Club
Well, last week my wife and I were on our way to an RV Rally @ Palo Duro Canyon in Texas and the ole' girl turned over 100k miles about 40 miles or so west of the New Mexico/Texas border. I had to snap a picture of it. It kind of freaked the wife out though, I glanced down and noticed it getting ready to turn over and shouted for the wife to hand me the camera. She was looking around outside the coach at all of the flat as hell surroundings and wondered what exactly I needed the camera for.

She handed me the camera and I shot the odometer.

Next goal is to reach 200k miles.

Mike.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:26 AM   #37

Monaco Owners Club
Great job Mike we will soon catch you we are at 85k and in Indiana right now.
Old 05-26-2015, 08:31 AM   #38

Lookie there! A 55 MPH finger!

I am headed to Palo Duro the middle of next month...any suggestions?

Tim
Timay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 08:32 AM   #39

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Great job Mike we will soon catch you we are at 85k and in Indiana right now.
Sounds good. She should have a lot of miles left in her.

I look back at the past 45k miles we have put on this coach and have many great memories. More to come in the miles ahead.

Mike.
Old 05-26-2015, 09:07 AM   #40

Quote:
Originally Posted by zmotorsports View Post
Well, last week my wife and I were on our way to an RV Rally @ Palo Duro Canyon in Texas and the ole' girl turned over 100k miles about 40 miles or so west of the New Mexico/Texas border. I had to snap a picture of it. It kind of freaked the wife out though, I glanced down and noticed it getting ready to turn over and shouted for the wife to hand me the camera. She was looking around outside the coach at all of the flat as hell surroundings and wondered what exactly I needed the camera for.

She handed me the camera and I shot the odometer.

Next goal is to reach 200k miles.

Mike.

Congrats on the milestone. We full time in an '03 Monaco and we passed the 100k mark on our way back east from Texas back in March. Like you I hope to go for 2. However I fear that I'll run out of Milage before the coach.

Safe travels.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Steve Ownby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2015, 09:31 AM   #41

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Timay View Post
Lookie there! A 55 MPH finger!

I am headed to Palo Duro the middle of next month...any suggestions?

Tim
We stayed at the Mesquite campground in site 82. I don't recommend that site as it was a bit low and with all of the rain they had our campsite was covered in red Texas mud much of the week. We had to place large rocks to walk on leading to our front door of the coach. Sites 83, 85 or 87 would be the ones I would recommend. The bridges over the water crossing are new for this year and are quite nice. We still had to take the alternate route to the Mesquite campground due to one water crossing not having a bridge being too deep for crossing. No big deal though, it was a nice little drive.

We went out to the Alebates Flint Quary one day which was about a 70-mile drive one-way but well worth it. Very informative and exciting to see. One of the rally hosts had arranged for a volunteer/retired park ranger to come and give us a private tour of the quary which was very neat. We then got to watch a flintknapper at the visitor's center create arrowheads from some flint from the quary.

Another day we went out with the West Texas Jeep club as they took time from their busy schedules to take us on a trail run to some of their stomping grounds right alongside the Canadian river. Awesome day and a great group of young men who showed us around the area.

There are also a lot of neat hiking trails right in the canyon to explore if the weather is more permitting than it was for us. In the town of Canyon there is a little old school soda shop that has awesome soda's, shakes, flavored drinks, etc. I think it was called the "Rockin' Zebra" soda shop.

Some local's took us to the "Big Texan" steakhouse in Amarillo just off of I-40. The food was pretty decent but we watched a guy tackle their 72 oz steak dinner. Unsuccessfully I might add. If you want to attempt it, you have an hour to eat the entire meal. If you eat it in that hour it is free, otherwise you have to pony up $72 bucks for the meal.

One thing I couldn't get used to was how flat everything was once we got up out of the canyon. It took me a few days to get my bearings, as I am used to (and like) my mountains.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steve Ownby View Post
Congrats on the milestone. We full time in an '03 Monaco and we passed the 100k mark on our way back east from Texas back in March. Like you I hope to go for 2. However I fear that I'll run out of Milage before the coach.

Safe travels.

Steve Ownby
Full time since '07
Thanks Steve. My wife didn't see what a big deal that 100k mile mark was but I thought it was quite cool myself. She just rolled her eyes when I told her my next goal was 200k miles.

Mike.
Old 06-02-2015, 03:25 PM   #42

Monaco Owners Club
Wonderful stuff, following thread for future additions!

tomckeon is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
upgrade