Journey with Confidence RV GPS App RV Trip Planner RV LIFE Campground Reviews RV Maintenance Take a Speed Test Free 7 Day Trial ×
RV Trip Planning Discussions

Go Back   iRV2 Forums > THE OWNER'S CORNER FORUMS > Monaco Owner's Forum
Click Here to Login
Register FilesVendors Registry Blogs FAQ Community Calendar Today's Posts Search Log in
Join iRV2 Today

Mission Statement: Supporting thoughtful exchange of knowledge, values and experience among RV enthusiasts.
  This discussion is proudly sponsored by:
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about their products on iRV2

Old 05-24-2016, 03:41 PM   #449

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by oakcreekeric View Post
Over 30 days without a post/project...

Hope you're having a fabulous RV season !!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
LOL...I was just thinking that exact same thing!
Thanks for following my thread guys. Nothing new to share. We have been on two very nice trips so far this RV season and about 3600 miles. Ran to Texas for an RV/Jeep rally in April where we put right around 3k miles on the coach and she ran perfect. The new rock guards on the Jeep are working better than expected and no new rock chips to mention. Now I am saving up for a paint job and can do so without worrying about chipping the hell out of the new paint. Glad that monkey is off my back.

Last week we ran up to Yellowstone NP for anther small RV rally and again everything performed flawlessly and we had a great time. So far I really don't have any projects in the works other than just enjoying the coach and the Jeep this summer as we have some fun trips planned.

This is a huge difference compared to last summer where it seemed like all I did was work on it between trips.

I can report that the Watts link is performing flawlessly and has really made a difference. On the first day of heading to Texas last month we did a 650 mile day and stopped once for fuel and once to get out and stretch/walk around. The coach handled fantastic all 650 miles and although I wasn't "worn out", I was ready to be done driving.

I have also decided to sell our race trailer as we have been flat-towing the Jeep so much that it doesn't make any sense to keep the 26' enclosed race trailer. I will post up some pictures of it in the next day or so on this thread as I am picking it up from the storage lot today to get it washed and up for sale.

Thanks again guys for following along on my thread. I hope you enjoy it and it isn't boring.

Mike.
zmotorsports is offline   Reply With Quote
Join the #1 RV Forum Today - It's Totally Free!

iRV2.com RV Community - Are you about to start a new improvement on your RV or need some help with some maintenance? Do you need advice on what products to buy? Or maybe you can give others some advice? No matter where you fit in you'll find that iRV2 is a great community to join. Best of all it's totally FREE!

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest so you have limited access to our community. Please take the time to register and you will gain a lot of great new features including; the ability to participate in discussions, network with other RV owners, see fewer ads, upload photographs, create an RV blog, send private messages and so much, much more!

Old 05-24-2016, 07:55 PM   #450

Monaco Owners Club
Good to hear!
Sounds like your 'last' year is like my present year!
Captjake1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2016, 08:44 PM   #451

Monaco Owners Club
Mike,
I polished my headlights last week after reading and seeing your post. You inspired me.
Looking good 2000 Dynasty. Now, I won't be pulling off any wheels though, not that inspired. Thanks for your thread.
Bill
Old 05-25-2016, 06:26 AM   #452

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captjake1 View Post
Good to hear!
Sounds like your 'last' year is like my present year!
I guess we all have those years eventually, mine was last year yours is this year. Hope yours goes better than mine and less $$$.

Quote:
Originally Posted by passerby View Post
Mike,
I polished my headlights last week after reading and seeing your post. You inspired me.
Looking good 2000 Dynasty. Now, I won't be pulling off any wheels though, not that inspired. Thanks for your thread.
Bill
Glad to hear that Bill. I sure like looking at the front of mine more now that those headlights are not a big fog of yellow.

Thanks for following my thread guys, I really appreciate it.

Mike.
Old 05-25-2016, 08:41 AM   #453

Monaco Owners Club
Well I thought I would throw up some pictures of my 26' Haulmark Edge race trailer before selling it. These pictures are probably more for myself than anyone else though.

I am struggling selling this thing because I special ordered it back in 2008 and set it up EXACTLY the way I wanted for racing/duning. I had put up with my previous 24' enclosed trailer and "tweaked" it a bit to fulfill my needs, but this trailer I wanted set up to be the trailer of my dreams and for the most part it was. It tows absolutely beautifully and looks fantastic whether behind my 40' coach or our 06 Duramax. I love having a full work area and everything within easy reach while working in the trailer.
I am going to miss her, but just don't need it any longer and hate paying a storage lot fee each month for something I am not using any longer.

Parked in front of our house unloading the tools and supplies.

I fabricated the mount and installed the continental kit for the spare tire.

I ordered it with the 48" side door and pull out step to avoid having a recess in the floor.

Rear ramp door looking in.

Side door looking in at the workbench, overhead cabinets and the Snap-On toolbox, floor jack and fire extinguisher that I added.

Air compressor and 50' power cord that I added.

Here you can see the small air manifold with outlets and pressure gauges for quick air hose connections.

Toolbox with tie down connectors and winch controller for the floor mounted 8k pound Superwinch.

I am going to miss it.

Mike.
Old 05-25-2016, 12:17 PM   #454

Gulf Streamers Club
Great looking trailer and set-up. I sure would miss having a trailer like that also. You don't have a friend or relative near by that has the room to store it without having to pay storage fees?

ronspradley
ronspradley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2016, 01:07 PM   #455

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by ronspradley View Post
Great looking trailer and set-up. I sure would miss having a trailer like that also. You don't have a friend or relative near by that has the room to store it without having to pay storage fees?

ronspradley
Thank you for your comments. The trailer has been awesome. The storage lot where I kept it was only $35 a month so the money for the storage is minor. My thinking is that it is money just sitting there and if I am not using it, I can sell it now or sell it later for less money. If those are my choices I may as well sell it now. Things like insurance, yearly taxes plus maintenance items like keeping the bearings greased and tires replaced every so many years are also expenses I just don't necessarily need on an item I am no longer using. The hardest part is I am saying good bye to my racing days which were a huge part of my past. Time to move on.

Mike.
Old 05-26-2016, 09:52 AM   #456

Monaco Owners Club
Mike, I know exactly how you feel, when I decided it was time to get out of drag racing, I sold everything at one time except the car and the golf cart, which I sold first. I told the buyer to bring a truck because I wanted everything gone related to racing. Spare converters, cams, engine puller, rockers etc. and the 24' enclosed trailer.
Old 05-26-2016, 12:38 PM   #457

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terry L T View Post
Mike, I know exactly how you feel, when I decided it was time to get out of drag racing, I sold everything at one time except the car and the golf cart, which I sold first. I told the buyer to bring a truck because I wanted everything gone related to racing. Spare converters, cams, engine puller, rockers etc. and the 24' enclosed trailer.
I know this may be a dumb question, but do you still miss racing. Do you feel now that you made the right decision after being away from it for a while?

Mike.
Old 05-28-2016, 03:38 AM   #458

Monaco Owners Club
I have a car I fool around with. Has been an obsession for the past 5 years. Now that we have bought our RV pusher it has gone on the back burner. But I look at it like this....It's paid for and I have a garage for it. I drove it some the other day (it's not real street friendly) and now I am thinking of going to the track next week. Not sure if I can ever bring myself to selling it.
BigLar368 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2016, 10:58 AM   #459
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigLar368 View Post
I have a car I fool around with. Has been an obsession for the past 5 years. Now that we have bought our RV pusher it has gone on the back burner. But I look at it like this....It's paid for and I have a garage for it. I drove it some the other day (it's not real street friendly) and now I am thinking of going to the track next week. Not sure if I can ever bring myself to selling it.
How about posting some pictures of it at the link below

http://www.irv2.com/forums/f249/
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 07:06 AM   #460

Monaco Owners Club
Well a guy showed up with cash in hand last night for the trailer. Paid full asking price and he wanted the trailer badly. He couldn't get it fast enough, didn't even want to wait. He called me about 7:00 pm last night as we were just sitting down to relax for the evening so I met him and his kids to show the trailer and he asked if I had the title. As I was walking out the door to go show it, my wife asked me if I was going to take the title, but I said, "NO, no one is going to have that kind of money and want to haul it off on a Sunday night." WRONG!! Had to run home, which was only about 10-minutes from where I had the trailer parked, and grab the title for him.

It was hard watching it drive off hooked to someone else's truck. He asked what I towed it with and said they would be towing it with a Super C and they race motocross. At least it is going to another racing family.

Hard to see it go but glad at the same time.

Mike.
Old 05-30-2016, 10:34 AM   #461
Community Administrator

Fleetwood Owners Club
Workhorse Chassis Owner
Congratulations.
See My Pace Arrow Upgrades
JohnRR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2016, 02:31 PM   #462

Monaco Owners Club
Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnRR View Post
Congratulations.
Thanks. And thanks for following along on my thread. I appreciate the comments.

Mike.

Tags
upgrade